Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:16 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Well, kind of my last thread since I am driving back to Cali this Friday the 17th and I don't know how long it would be until I get internet service going, I wanted to start my last thread while still in the east coast.

Let's say you and your SO go through a series of issues where trust is at stakes. How do you accept what happened and begin trusting your SO again? Do you just stop mentioning it or do you ackownledge it and try to forget about it?
I would go to counseling....with him/her....b/c things could come out that will help you both understand each other and it will also teach you both how to communicate, by listening to each other and not taking what upsets you both, as a personal attack against your characters.

We all have flaws, we all make mistakes, and we all must really listen to our mates when they say to us, "You hurt my feelings because you did this or that". It doesn't mean you are a horrible person, it means that something you did, hurt them, and together, lets figure out how we can avoid that from happening again. And remember, it's not so God awful to say, "Yanno, I might be wrong", but she must be able to do the same, you both must be fair...but a marriage counselor might help you both express feelings much better which might repair the trust issues on both side.

Sometimes we are so unaware that our actions or words hurt others, b/c that's how we've been doing it all our lives, ever since we were children...and like someone said, when you love someone, that means great care for the hearts of others.

Perhaps they don't mean to intentionally hurt your feelings, but if left go, this small stuff can lead to big stuff and that is when resentment sets in and slowly starts to decay a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
Quote:

Let's say you and your SO go through a series of issues where trust is at stakes. How do you accept what happened and begin trusting your SO again? Do you just stop mentioning it or do you ackownledge it and try to forget about it?
I can't. I've tried to regain trust back, before, in former relationships, and it just wouldn't work. Every time there was a major disagreement or argument, I'd bring stuff back up and throw it in his face. So, what's done is done, in my case. Once you break that trust. Its all but over.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
See ya' when you get back. Be safe!

Old 07-16-2009, 08:56 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Have a safe trip Mr. Cat.. Hope you and the Mrs can work things out.

As far as trust goes I do agree with the marriage counselor recommendation. IMHO.. Trust once lost has to be earned back. You don't forget.. you just learn to let it back in a little at a time

Old 07-16-2009, 09:23 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Man is the sitcom going offline for a while
I don't know whether you're trying to be sarcastic or not but frankly, I don't give a shyt about what you think about my life. Have a nice day!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:35 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
I don't know whether you're trying to be sarcastic or not but frankly, I don't give a shyt about what you think about my life. Have a nice day!
Senor Gato!!!!! You going to leave me to keep all these hard headed women in line all by myself????????? Seriously my friend. I wish you the best of luck and I hope it works out however you wish it to!!!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Don't envy you the task.

I have never been able to trust (or even feel the same way) again. It just kills something in the relationship.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Senor Gato!!!!! You going to leave me to keep all these hard headed women in line all by myself????????? Seriously my friend. I wish you the best of luck and I hope it works out however you wish it to!!!!!
It's all temporarily until I get us a place.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:41 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
I must be missing something, but, why would you be splitting up if you love each other? That makes zero sense

Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I must be missing something, but, why would you be splitting up if you love each other? That makes zero sense

Oh yes you are!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships