Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:37 PM

63 posts, read 246,320 times

Advertisements

For my first 2 years in college I had a serious girlfriend. Being older now, I realize what a big and damaging mistake that was.

Having a serious, long term girlfriend came at the serious cost of me completely failing to learn how to meet other young girls. I never really learned how to socialize with girls or to flirt because I was already with a girl, and I thought I was going to be with her forever.

It's been 2 years since we split up. I'm 22 now. Most people who started college would have graduated by now but I decided to take the slow road and be a 5 or 6 year student, so I got 2 more years to go.

Still, I've always been envious of guys who get to throw all the wild parties and hook up with tonnes of young freshmen girls and have lots of girlfriends and what not.

I can't help but feel like I've missed out all this time.

I don't live on campus, and I commute, so meeting people is a lot harder for me than living in the dorms. I don't have a big social circle. I don't get invited to parties that often, and when I do, I always feel awkward for not knowing anyone, and can't help but hush up unless I'm around my friends.

I really wish I could live the real college life. I want to tap into "hook up culture." I want to go to parties and make out with random girls and have lots of girlfriends but I don't even know how to make it happen.

What do I have to do? I desperately want to make my last 1 or 2 years in college happy and memorable.

How do I tap into the college hook up culture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 10:54 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,807 times
I'm sorry but your post just sounds very desperate and sad. Instead of focusing on the "hook up culture" why don't you focus on the "graduation culture" and get yourself through college so you can get a decent job. Women like men with ambition, not men who try to relive lost imaginary years of drunken, wild, sex orgies.

Focus on your future, not your past.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Women like men with ambition, not men who try to relive lost imaginary years of drunken, wild, sex orgies.

Focus on your future, not your past.
Yes, but I'm not talking about "women."

I'm talking about immature college "girls"

Old 08-30-2009, 10:58 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
Yes, but I'm not talking about "women."

I'm talking about immature college "girls"
Exactly

Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 PM

How do I meet young college girls? I met my ex girlfriend the summer before freshmen year so I don't know.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:05 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
No. It is a decadent place for all.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:31 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
For my first 2 years in college I had a serious girlfriend. Being older now, I realize what a big and damaging mistake that was.

Having a serious, long term girlfriend came at the serious cost of me completely failing to learn how to meet other young girls. I never really learned how to socialize with girls or to flirt because I was already with a girl, and I thought I was going to be with her forever.

It's been 2 years since we split up. I'm 22 now. Most people who started college would have graduated by now but I decided to take the slow road and be a 5 or 6 year student, so I got 2 more years to go.

Still, I've always been envious of guys who get to throw all the wild parties and hook up with tonnes of young freshmen girls and have lots of girlfriends and what not.

I can't help but feel like I've missed out all this time.

I don't live on campus, and I commute, so meeting people is a lot harder for me than living in the dorms. I don't have a big social circle. I don't get invited to parties that often, and when I do, I always feel awkward for not knowing anyone, and can't help but hush up unless I'm around my friends.

I really wish I could live the real college life. I want to tap into "hook up culture." I want to go to parties and make out with random girls and have lots of girlfriends but I don't even know how to make it happen.

What do I have to do? I desperately want to make my last 1 or 2 years in college happy and memorable.

How do I tap into the college hook up culture?

Let me tell you something you young whippersnapper, it's a myth/fantasy that you will be happy and fulfilled by getting involved with the "hook up culture". As a matter of fact, many of those guys and girls secretly envy the people who have serious, monogamous, stable relationships.

I remember my years of collage ( I dropped out later) I had a serious GF who was also my HS sweet heart and out of all the memories of collage by far the most special memories were when I was with my GF. For example, staying up late painting her toe nails while she was doing her homework in her dorm room or her taking me to her dining hall and stuffing me with all the food I could eat because she had a meal card that was paid for by the collage (she had a scholarship). Regardless, you should have had lots of fun with your x-GF and you should have created enough memories to last you a lifetime being that your/her parents aren't around so I'm wondering if something went wrong.

Anyhow, as far as having fun; why follow the rest of the sheep that degrade themselves through random sex (some get STDs), drinking and stupid party's where people act WORSE then animals?

Why not join a sports team? Why not explore the city you live in? Get involved with a club that might help you with your major/career. Get a part time job to learn something new, meet girls, and get paid.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Let me tell you something you young whippersnapper, it's a myth/fantasy that you will be happy and fulfilled by getting involved with the "hook up culture". As a matter of fact, many of those guys and girls secretly envy the people who have serious, monogamous, stable relationships.
Pleas don't say that.

It makes me so furious when people tell guys who haven't been with women in a long time "yeah, hooking up's not that great."

Yes it is. It is one of the most wonderful things in the world. Why would you say otherwise?

Would you tell a starving man, "yeah, eating's not that great?"

Quote:
I remember my years of collage ( I dropped out later) I had a serious GF who was also my HS sweet heart and out of all the memories of collage by far the most special memories were when I was with my GF. For example, staying up late painting her toe nails while she was doing her homework in her dorm room or her taking me to her dining hall and stuffing me with all the food I could eat because she had a meal card that was paid for by the collage (she had a scholarship). Regardless, you should have had lots of fun with your x-GF and created enough memories to last you a lifetime being that your/her parents aren't around so I wondering if something went wrong.
It was over 2 years ago. I barely remember what she looks like anymore.

You can't hold a memory close to you. You can't feel a memory touch your skin. You can't caress a memory.

Quote:
Anyhow, as far as having fun; why follow the rest of the sheep that degrade themselves through random sex (some get STDs), drinking and stupid party's where people act WORSE then animals?

Why not join a sports team? Why not explore the city you live in? Get involved with a club that might help you with your major/career. Get a part time job to learn something new, meet girls, and get paid.
I have a job; that's also part of the reason why I'm taking fewer courses and finishing later than usual. There's not a lot of girls in my line of work though (installing surveillance and security gear)

Are you seriously asking a male as to WHY he wants to be with you women? Are you a man yourself?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Because it's something I never got to do and it's something I really want to do!

I want to do it for myself, not because "everyone else is doing it." How could you even possibly believe that?

All I know is that tomorrow is the beginning of the fall semester. Just please tell me, how can I meet some young freshmen girls, get them to like me and invite me to a party?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:46 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Along the lines of this topic, this is a good documentary to watch, and this should be given to all parents before they send there kids to collage. It's about a decade old but is still pretty accurate.

Frat House
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships