Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:51 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What time of day were you talking to them before? And how with how many different women were you chatting with?

My thoughts would be that they...

1. Don't enjoy talking to you, and would rather keep their contact with you to short tests or instant messages.
2. With the ability to text, they can message you discretely while they are in the middle of other activities. They are multi tasking.
3. These women you are "friends" with are in their 20's, and texting is all the rage in that age group these days.

I'm leaning towards reason number one as from your C-D posts, spending time with you would be a huge waste of time for them. So they are distancing themselves from you by keeping contact with you only though texts and instant messages.

20ish. None of them are women I'm dating, I justprefer phone over email and text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 12:05 PM

559 posts, read 1,394,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And I just have no interest in emailing or instant messaging. Women that I used to talk to all the time on the phone now would rather send me a instant message or an email. If I had a cell if would be a text too. But what is up with so many women not liking to use the Phone anymore???
I think this is a problem with people in general - well, not really a problem for people who like to communicate that way, but a problem for those of us who would prefer to actually talk to people we know instead of typing.

I hate texts and I don't IM anyone. Once in a while I'll e-mail a friend but I prefer phone calls.

Every text I have ever received should have been either a phone call or an e-mail. Last year I called my cell phone company and told them to disable my text messaging. I don't miss it at all.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:22 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
I do not respond to text messages or anything else.. its the phone or nothing.. dont really care what people think..

Old 07-18-2009, 01:01 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
20ish. None of them are women I'm dating, I justprefer phone over email and text
I understand that currently you aren't dating any woman, but you are trying to. And if you are trying to talk to them on the phone, they must be attractive females that you would like to date... as we all know that you don't waste your time being friends with women who are "physically challenged" or already attached to someone else. So of these women that only text or IM you, how many of them are there? Two? Five?

Old 07-18-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I understand that currently you aren't dating any woman, but you are trying to. And if you are trying to talk to them on the phone, they must be attractive females that you would like to date... as we all know that you don't waste your time being friends with women who are "physically challenged" or already attached to someone else. So of these women that only text or IM you, how many of them are there? Two? Five?
3 of them, two are out of state and the other is local

Old 07-18-2009, 01:24 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,451 times
If Im not feeling you too much Id prefer txt/email/IM
If I like you, I will do all the above.

I typically txt more and thats becaus Im usually doing something else and I dont want to be rude with pauses or thinking outloud but if we are having a good, long convo I'll call them and finish it over the phone.

Txting is convient to avoid ackward long pauses in the convo too

Old 07-18-2009, 01:30 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
man I hate texts

Old 07-18-2009, 01:36 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post

I typically txt more and thats becaus Im usually doing something else and I dont want to be rude with pauses or thinking outloud but if we are having a good, long convo I'll call them and finish it over the phone.

Good point. If they feel that they don't have anything interesting to talk about with you, texting is a good way to stay in touch and keep the contact short and sweet. So with the out of state ladies, maybe they've run out of things to say to you, and it's time to meet them in person. How long have you "known" these three women?
Quote:
3 of them, two are out of state and the other is local

Old 07-18-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Good point. If they feel that they don't have anything interesting to talk about with you, texting is a good way to stay in touch and keep the contact short and sweet. So with the out of state ladies, maybe they've run out of things to say to you, and it's time to meet them in person. How long have you "known" these three women?

The girl in California responded to my ad in NJ because she liked my pic but seemed to never have time to talk

The girl in Delaware I met on a dating service a year ago but we never met and just were phone friends. I mean we don't have to talk on the phone everyday but if you want to know how my new job is going I prefer a phone call

The Local Girl was going to be someone I spolied from time to time but I was laid off 2 weeks after she responded to my ad-lol So I never got to meet her but stayed in contact but she only emails.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:03 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post

Then perhaps it's safe for the OP to assume the girl isn't into him, in which case he's best to move on and not spend time on her.

I personally don't use texting in the way you've described above. If I'm in the middle of something, I'll wait til I'm done and then call the person, even if it's to just talk for a few minutes. That person deserves my undivided attention.

Lastly, texting may be convenient to avoid long awkward pauses in a conversation. But frankly, I find that to be a lame excuse. A lot of first dates have those awkward pauses. Does that mean we should avoid first dates out of fear of such pauses? Of course not. It seems rather chicken to avoid talking to someone for such a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships