Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:48 PM

52,199 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
I do believe that what you mention is one aspect of the problem. We are making progress......our men are being left behind........then we end up with some guy who has a bunch of kids with a bunch of different women. It all boils down to standards!!
Serisouly what is the deal, I know a few black dudes and they are all stand up guys, taking care of business.

I'm just curious what happening. I'm mean if we say it's racism, then how are the ladies doing so well?? I don't know???

Old 07-17-2009, 08:49 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yankee, I'm sick of PC! When some behavior is obviously predominant in certain circles, you can't hide your head like an ostrich and pretend it's not true. I applaud OP for not being on the defensive and admitting a fact she observes up close and personal.
When we find the answer, we need to let everyone else know as well!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 08:51 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
Most women settle for guys that abuse, beat them, cheat, etc..., this isnt a race specific problem from my own experience. Here's the real concern. These women "settle" for whatever they can get because often they dont respect themselves enough to find a real partner or workout their own issues. You cant pin all the blame on the men when women actively seek out guys like this. If I wanted a porsche but settled for a dodge stratus then complained it didnt have a speedometer that went to 180 mph, who's the idiot? You get what you pay for people.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:59 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,546,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Serisouly what is the deal, I know a few black dudes and they are all stand up guys, taking care of business.

I'm just curious what happening. I'm mean if we say it's racism, then how are the ladies doing so well?? I don't know???
As far as the racism issue.......historically it has always been a lot easier for a black woman to get a job then a black man. My guess is because the men that usually do the hiring do not feel threatened by a black woman. The other thing is that we have a disproportionate amount of black men in jail..........so here goes the shortage of decent black men problem! The ones that are not in jail know that we outnumber them probably by 3 to 1 so they are in a dog mentality.......thus the issue with having all of these children with different women. Unfortunately I see this problem more in the black community then anywhere else. My thought process is........why on earth would I want to be involved with a man that has so little respect for himself that he would just lay down and make a baby with anybody?

Old 07-17-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
..........so here goes the shortage of decent black men problem! The ones that are not in jail know that we outnumber them probably by 3 to 1 so they are in a dog mentality.......thus the issue with having all of these children with different women.
That doesn't say alot of the guys that aren't in jail and are available, so your saying that these guys know that they have the "upper" hand in dating so they abuse it so to speak by having kids with multiple women???

I'm not so sure????

Old 07-17-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That doesn't say alot of the guys that aren't in jail and are available, so your saying that these guys know that they have the "upper" hand in dating so they abuse it so to speak by having kids with multiple women???

I'm not so sure????
Yes the ones that are not looking for serious relationships and just want to hit it and run! As you said you are not in the black community. Trust me I have seen this kind of behavior in the black community over and over again. In fact I have seen black men who have had more then one woman pregnant at the same time!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:10 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Yes the ones that are not looking for serious relationships and just want to hit it and run! As you said you are not in the black community. Trust me I have seen this kind of behavior in the black community over and over again. In fact I have seen black men who have had more then one woman pregnant at the same time!
Again......precaution. Birth control? ETC?
It takes more than one, am I right?

Old 07-17-2009, 09:12 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,096 times
Yeah, as a black man, I say it sucks. But it's their choice. There are a lot of good black dudes out there.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Again......precaution. Birth control? ETC?
It takes more than one, am I right?
This is not about birth control or taking precautions.....that is a completely different topic......maybe someone should start a thread asking the men/women why people don't take precautions or use birth control!

This thread is about why women settle for men who were jumping from bed to bed making babies........too stupid to put on a condom.........and now have a bunch of kids!!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
There's plenty of white dudes doing the same stupid shyt. Trust me, it's not a "black" thing. What about that story recently with the guy who had 9 kids out of wedlock with a bunch of different women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships