Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 02:51 PM

6 posts, read 32,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Because they are being smart and thinking ahead more than a few hours in to their lives.

Never understood the age thing being rude for females. If you find that offensive you have other issues going on that don't involve other people

I don't find the age thing offensive unless ....Please read.

1. They send me a private message on my facebook and I didn't show them any interest at all and they ask me how old I am when 1. My date of birth is under "about" me on face book, they didn't take a few minutes to read my profile but want to bother me in messages? 2. I did not give them any indications that I am attracted to them and no indications that I am interested so why ask me such a personal question? it's not like I want to date you or **** you. I mean why "interview " me when i am not into you? Women also have personal preferences , shocking, sarcasm. Why ask me this when I did not flirt or show any interest , it's not even a date, they do this to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 02:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Why is it that if I'm on a casual, first meeting/date with a guy, he asks:

1) Do you want to get married? or: 2) Do you want kids? or better yet: 3) How old are you?

why do you men ask a woman this after barely meeting her? It's happened to me on a couple of occasions like it's a trap question? and what answers are you looking for or expect to hear??

well???

(btw- this is not a long term dating situation, just a casual get together)
Well I wouldn't ask a woman about marriage on a first date. I might ask you if you have children. If you say no, I might ask you if you'd like kids one day. I would tell you about my children. That doesn't mean I want to have children with you, I am having a one on one, personal conversation. Personal questions are going to be asked.

How old are you? Does that really **** you off? Why? Its your age. If a woman tells me she is 33 or 40, I know that I may have to use different social references in the conversation. If I went out with a 20 year old, they might not even get an animal house joke or something.

I never understood why women would be so pissy about asking their age, if they aren't self conscious about it themselves.

Hey, I'm 35, thats just how old I am. Hiding that just seems stupid.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:55 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:

1) Do you want to get married? or: 2) Do you want kids? or better yet: 3) How old are you?

why do you men ask a woman this after barely meeting her? It's happened to me on a couple of occasions like it's a trap question? and what answers are you looking for or expect to hear??

well???

I tend skip frivolous questions like marriage or kids when it comes to "casual" dating and get straight to business: your place or a hotel, should we get lube, booze, zig zags, etc. And as far as age, I'll take your word that you're old enough to engage in sex.

Lol

Old 08-12-2014, 02:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers177 View Post
Well, what makes guys think they can get a lady 10, 20 and 30 years younger then them?. I almost vomit when they try. Women don't want a face full of wrinkles, receeding hair line and a fat flabby body when they are young. And when guys ask a woman's age, at least make sure she is also attracted to you and interested. I get so many guys who just because I say hi when they say hi, they are asking me these questions with in 4 minutes of a platonic hi. Don't assume every woman you're attracted too don't have preferences in looks and age, because they do , too
Agreed. I am 43 and when I did online from 39-41 was bombarded by men in their late 50's and above. No way, yuck.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:58 PM

6 posts, read 32,965 times
why are men asking me this when I didnt' even flirt with them nor am I attracted to them. It's not even a date, they ask me these questions with in seconds of a platonic hi return. Just being polite.....I mean, why ask somebody this assuming they are attracted to you and into you when they are NOT

Old 08-12-2014, 03:01 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Thread is 5 years old. Does the OP's issue really come up that often, that the thread is still relevant? Just wondering.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:03 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Agreed. I am 43 and when I did online from 39-41 was bombarded by men in their late 50's and above. No way, yuck.
And yet, there is a thread in this very forum with a 40 year old woman is dating a 63 year old man.

I've dated older women who kept in shape and looked good. When I was 30 I was with a 45 year old woman for a while. It was great.

I'm not asking ages to make people feel bad or anything. If I ask someone out, its because I'm interested in them, and I think they look good.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:05 PM

70 posts, read 155,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers177 View Post
What makes me mad is why does a guy ask me these questions just because I give them a platonic hi. It's not even a first date and I am not even interested in them. This pisses me off.
Why do you keep doing it then? Some sort of masochist? Geez, stop saying hi to every tom dick and harry, say hi to the one's you want to hear back from. You should be old enough to know that society make's it impossible to be attractive and kind, without having to risk backlash. So you either have to not let it bother you, or you have to stop saying hi.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:21 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,115 times
Quote:

well???

How old are you? HOW DARE HIM ASK THAT QUESTION!!!! FOR SHAME!!!!! (SMH)

We don't want to waste time with a girl that doesn't share the same views as us (marriage and kids) It would be a HUGE waste of time to spend a month or more with a female if she doesn't want to get married or have kids. I rather know from the start so eventually can build towards that.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:28 PM

192 posts, read 270,100 times
Quote:

Possible responses:
1) Why? Are you asking?
2) Are you offering?
3) I'm old enough to know better, but too young to do anything about it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships