Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times

Advertisements

Bald Guyz

They sell a sunscreen for bald men, who--if they don't wear a hat--need it all year long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:09 AM

157 posts, read 475,330 times
Balding/bald isn't always bad--kind of like being overweight, imo. Most of the issue is confidence and personality--the right kind of guy can pull it off. As many have said already, just don't do the stupid comb-overs.

I will add that certain ethnicities and hair types "bald better" than some others. All of the men in my husband's family start to lose their hair around age 30; typically they get the receding hairlines, but there is one whose hair is thinning at the top of his head while maintaining a full hairline. He doesn't look bad at all, it just looks like his hair is lighter (in color) from a distance.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:06 AM

78,367 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
It's funny that you say that, I've actually been thinking about getting a #2 buzz this week. I work as a software engineer in a smaller research lab, so I don't have to look and dress extremely conservative.

Now I just need to convince women that I can kick everyone's ass in a bar fight
Go for the #1!

Well, the general idea is that you at least *look* a little edgy or hit the gym etc. It's just my personal opinion but the gals that like the shorter hair look also seem to like edgier\alternative or fit or muscular\biker type looks in a guy.

Software engineering is a good job so you have a lot of desirable characteristics right there...work on your look and your dating issues will evaporate. Plus there are a lot of women around your age that have started to wise up that dating bad-boys is a loser and start looking for a stable guy but one that still has at least some edge. Your stock will keep rising over the years due to this.

Best of luck.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 AM

78,367 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Bald Guyz

They sell a sunscreen for bald men, who--if they don't wear a hat--need it all year long.
Excellent point.

NSX, watch out for sunburn after you cut it short...had it happen to me once...never again.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:08 PM

628 posts, read 2,044,707 times
I don't think it's bad at all--DH is balding and he just cuts his hair very short (like quarter of an inch or so)--this looks much better than having it covered up. I think what's a turn off is men who give a crap about their hair loss LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships