Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Arent you a native Los Angeleno (like myself)? I was born and raised here and there is no place else I would want to live (unless its a tropical location).

Are you living at home with your parents still? If so, Im sure you'll find things much different by living on your own, or with roommates. Ive traveled extensively and still, there is no place like home (LA) to me. Im thinking that if you get out on your own here in LA first, you'll realize that you'd rather not go anywhere else.
yes i am a native angeleno. i have spent time away from home at months at a time, and didnt miss los angeles at all! sure i missed my family and the comfort of my own bed and tv and my dogs, but did i miss los angeles? NOPE. sure when i get out i wont have the ocean (i find our beaches gross anyway, and honestly i wouldnt stay somewhere just because there is a beach), many film festivals, and a huge jewish community, but i will survive! i dont do nightclubs, go to hollywood, go to museums, go to the beach, and concerts enough to make a "what was i thinking" decision.
the main things about la i will miss would be the weather and having a wide variety of ethnic restaurants.

to be honest, the only parts of los angeles i really like i could never afford to live in. based on what my salary would be here, i could barely afford an apartment out here in the valley where i am from. the valley is nice- for raising a family and being older, but in my age group, not a lot is going on. my disposable income if i stay out here would be insanely low. i am someone who wants to save money, and continue my expensive hobby of traveling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 11:37 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
Naomi,
I'm pretty confident you will find true love in Austin. Lots of good and friendly people there. You will really enjoy it. Believe me!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Naomi,
I'm pretty confident you will find true love in Austin. Lots of good and friendly people there. You will really enjoy it. Believe me!
thanks.
i hope my lack of dating history here wont repeat itself in austin. last saturday i went to this event and they had a free mini speed dating thing that we signed up for. i met 11 guys and only got 2 matches lol. oh well. i only said "yes" to 4 guys. 2 i really liked (1 was a match), and 2 i was mixed about.
my match subscription runs out in 2 days, and my last effort of going to a day mixer event is thursday. after that, im done with the online thing, and intentional single events.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:37 AM

49 posts, read 135,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
thank you!!

whenever i talk about this with people not from la, they tell me clearly i am doing something wrong!!
i dont get it! i KNOW i offer a lot. i am educated, have a career, i am attractive, i am outgoing, funny, loving, and have a good personality!

trouble is in la, being attractive isnt enough. you need to be REALLY, REALLY ATTRACTIVE meaning able to give erections site on scene! please dont delete that comment! it fits the girls that guys want here so well!
I busted out laughing when I read this. I know it's not funny, but a funny take on a sad situation. You sound like a great person and the problem is them. When I lived in Vegas I was celibate because no man would date me unless I slept with him or performed oral service on him from the first meeting. No dinner, conversations, just sex. I think that's worse than prostitution because you are offering your body and soul for nothing because I find it hard to feel sexually satisfied like that. I was treated like a nun and so dismissed by the men. I'm not so conservative that I'd deny myself the right to feel good with a man that I love. But I believe in the right time and you can't rush things. I'm ok with no sex if it means not dealing with selfish jerks who may even carry STD's.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorada19 View Post
I busted out laughing when I read this. I know it's not funny, but a funny take on a sad situation. You sound like a great person and the problem is them. When I lived in Vegas I was celibate because no man would date me unless I slept with him or performed oral service on him from the first meeting. No dinner, conversations, just sex. I think that's worse than prostitution because you are offering your body and soul for nothing because I find it hard to feel sexually satisfied like that. I was treated like a nun and so dismissed by the men. I'm not so conservative that I'd deny myself the right to feel good with a man that I love. But I believe in the right time and you can't rush things. I'm ok with no sex if it means not dealing with selfish jerks who may even carry STD's.
well said dorada well said. i personally waited to the age of 23 to lose my virginity. i find that a lot of men i have seen do rush to the sex or bj super early on, and i never really considered myself prudish, but i dont want to do that right away with someone! i havent had any kind of physical intimacy since january, and while yeah it sucks, id rather have dry spells until i feel comfortable enough with someone to be intimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships