Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 05:48 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
i have a preference for jewish guys, but i date people of all different religions.
Have you tried JDate? I have some Jewish friends who say they fared better on there than anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 05:49 PM

2,538 posts, read 2,735,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
it actually hurts the ego too i swear! on match i have all recent pictures of me that are full length, up close, whatever, so that they accurately portray me. i talk to a guy on the phone or online and we have good conversations. as soon as we meet, its like the date is over in less than an hour and a half.

Yea unfortunately I have been there too. We talk for hours on the phone and get along great but then when we meet you can tell they cant wait to leave. You just have to remember that there is someone out there that will be attracted to you and everything will mesh. I know that I am attracted to certain girls with certain looks so dont take it personally.

Like someone mentioned in another post find a country guy which isnt entirely wrong. SOmetimes I think a lot of the men and women here in California do have attitudes even though I have lived here most my life.
The girl I met from EHarmony is a country girl from down south and does have different priorities than some of the women I have met here.

If you think it is bad in LA try coming down here to OC.

Update: Any by the way I just looked at your picture and you are gorgeous!!! The bad thing about this is that many guys will be after one thing especially off the dating sites so be careful

Old 07-19-2009, 05:59 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Have you tried JDate? I have some Jewish friends who say they fared better on there than anywhere else.
yep been on jdate on and off since i was 19.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Well, many of us think the concept of "dating" sucks regardless of the location.

Since you're young, good-looking, have always been local, have no kids (I assume), and live in a large city, I have hard time understanding why you'd have that much trouble... Perhaps your standards are too high or something in your approach turns men off.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:26 PM

I dont understand why there is a problem either. It sounds like she talks on the phone and they get along. She has the looks so the actual date shouldnt have any surprises. Just need to take the time and meet guys and be patient. The right one will come along.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:31 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, many of us think the concept of "dating" sucks regardless of the location.

Since you're young, good-looking, have always been local, have no kids (I assume), and live in a large city, I have hard time understanding why you'd have that much trouble... Perhaps your standards are too high or something in your approach turns men off.
i have been told i have high standards. i have no expectations, but i do set standards. i never say this though to the guy in an obnoxious or bitchy way though. my mother and i were talking and she basically said find the first decent guy, and if it doesnt work out, you just stop seeing him.she then added unless i lower my standards, i will end up alone.
i do not agree with this at all, however if being alone means i just never found the right person for me, than so be it. id much rather be alone than with someone i really am not that into.

it might be my approach. i have no idea what i do that turns men off though. i ask them about themself, i am friendly and confident, no clue. with how i dress, i definitely have my own style and that could be off putting. i dress kind of vintage/thrift store/urban. i feel like men here only want a woman who looks and dresses like this:
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 04:58 AM..

Old 07-19-2009, 06:32 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
It's not you, it's not them. It's just right timing and right personalities. Dating in trendy metro areas is doubly tough though; lots of shallowness. Also, online dating is a problem. The person can sometimes "create" you from your profile and emails and then you are not like the person they "created" when you finally meet up resulting in a loss of interest.

Do what you like to do, be open to meeting someone, and accept that there's nothing wrong with, and one can be happy and fulfilled, being single.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:36 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
When will your grad studies be over with? I think that you'd do just fine if you moved to my area. I've heard that in the LA area, people are more into dating those with perfect 10 looks and wearing tight skimpy clothes.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:42 PM

Maybe instead of talking about your standards when you first start dating you should just talk and interface with the guy and see how he is. You will sense whether he is the right person for you after awhile. Im not sure any guy is going to really appreciate a women that sets these rigid standards that he may not feel confident that he meets all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:42 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,978 times
LA is incredibly materialistic and shallow for the most part but there are good women, they are just much harder to find than in the rest of the country. It is what it is and you have to try a lot harder.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships