Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 09:54 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,414 times

Advertisements

1. "I love live music, there is live music, there is me sitting in the front row with a beer in my hands". Never mind most of the live music are craps, that's why they play in bars instead of arenas.

2. "I love hunting, fishing....". Almost universal hobbies for guys from the South. I'm not saying it's bad, I just want to bang my head against the wall every time I hear/see it after I have already heard/seen it about 10 trillion times.

3. "dancing..................", it's in hobby section of every woman on Match.com,
make you wonder how many of them have no idea their dance make Elaine from Seifeld look professional.

4. "an sense of humor is a must, I want a guy who can make me laugh.....". You know what, he not only can make you laugh, he can also knock you up. No wonder so many women end up becoming single mother, they can't even tell the difference between stand up show and marriage.

5. "I want a guy who can appreciate me as I am...". Favorite line of fat chicks. Only mentally delusional look for what they are looking for on a dating site.

6. "ethnicity of my date: White / Caucasian, Asian, Pacific Islander, Latino / Hispanic". In another word, no blacks. Rejection by enumeration, ingenious. I bet if an Asian or Pacific Islander emailed her, she would pull out the "cultural difference" excuse. Upon seeing this, I begin to feel maybe political correctness does get a little bit too far: it doesn't cure racism, in fact, it makes people bigger liars.

7. "I can't believe I'm doing this....". You know exactly what you're doing, you're desperate, that's why you go on-line, risking being chopped up by Ted Bundy in search of a man.

8. "I'm a graduate student from xxx country.....", alert, alert, green-card hunting witches spotted.

9. "I have a/2/3/4/ son/sons/daughter/daughters/kid/kids, he/she/they are most important part of my life". Excuse me, ma'am, nobody will fault you for putting your kids first. Everybody knows you will put them ahead of any date you have. But it's not smart to scream it out in an ad.

10. "a man who knows how to treat a lady....". Honestly, I have no idea what she's trying to say.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 09:57 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,236 times
"i enjoy hanging out with my friends"
"i've never done this before"
"i never thought i would do the online thing"

Old 07-19-2009, 10:00 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,610,891 times
lol. Great list!

That's sooo true about the "I want a man to accept me as I am" on the bigger girls. lol Pretty generic.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:06 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
1. "I love live music, there is live music, there is me sitting in the front row with a beer in my hands". Never mind most of the live music are craps, that's why they play in bars instead of arenas.

2. "I love hunting, fishing....". Almost universal hobbies for guys from the South. I'm not saying it's bad, I just want to bang my head against the wall every time I hear/see it after I have already heard/seen it about 10 trillion times.

3. "dancing..................", it's in hobby section of every woman on Match.com,
make you wonder how many of them have no idea their dance make Elaine from Seifeld look professional.

4. "an sense of humor is a must, I want a guy who can make me laugh.....". You know what, he not only can make you laugh, he can also knock you up. No wonder so many women end up becoming single mother, they can't even tell the difference between stand up show and marriage.

5. "I want a guy who can appreciate me as I am...". Favorite line of fat chicks. Only mentally delusional look for what they are looking for on a dating site.

6. "ethnicity of my date: White / Caucasian, Asian, Pacific Islander, Latino / Hispanic". In another word, no blacks. Rejection by enumeration, ingenious. I bet if an Asian or Pacific Islander emailed her, she would pull out the "cultural difference" excuse. Upon seeing this, I begin to feel maybe political correctness does get a little bit too far: it doesn't cure racism, in fact, it makes people bigger liars.

7. "I can't believe I'm doing this....". You know exactly what you're doing, you're desperate, that's why you go on-line, risking being chopped up by Ted Bundy in search of a man.

8. "I'm a graduate student from xxx country.....", alert, alert, green-card hunting witches spotted.

9. "I have a/2/3/4/ son/sons/daughter/daughters/kid/kids, he/she/they are most important part of my life". Excuse me, ma'am, nobody will fault you for putting your kids first. Everybody knows you will put them ahead of any date you have. But it's not smart to scream it out in an ad.

10. "a man who knows how to treat a lady....". Honestly, I have no idea what she's trying to say.......
Nice post, lol. One of the best I've read in a long time. I agree with your assessment on political correctness, also.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Heck, sometimes cliches can be better than the originality above:

I never laugh!

I'd bet this guy is busy printing numbers to give out to the line in front of his place!

Old 07-19-2009, 10:11 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Don't forget:

"I'm just a really laid back guy"

and

"Just looking around to see what's out there..."

Old 07-19-2009, 10:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
I'm equally comfortable in jeans or <insert the particular gender's evening attire>!

Old 07-19-2009, 10:18 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
Don't forget:

"I'm just a really laid back guy"
Haha, yeah thats like a huge red flag of a controlling prick. Some girl let him know what an ass he is and now he feels the need to stress how carefree and laid back he is.

(my sisters ex was a perfect example)

Old 07-19-2009, 10:42 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,776 times
"I like biking" i've seen many many chicks with this on their facebook or myspace or you name it social site profile...if so many like biking where do they bike...i never see chicks biking

Old 07-19-2009, 10:47 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
"I like biking" i've seen many many chicks with this on their facebook or myspace or you name it social site profile...if so many like biking where do they bike...i also never see chicks biking

That's because it is sooo hard to hold the handles with our slippery feathers, and reach the pedals with our tiny three-toed feet.

Chick. Duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships