Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:48 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,470,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yes she did but I don't have one
So take one. Duh. It would take WAY less time than coming on here and b****ing about it for hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 05:18 PM

37,460 posts, read 45,666,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I have no idea. Should ask TV sports guy. From what I gather people email back and forth personal questions and send photos of themselves.
No, my response was to you. People DO email, and send pics. But that isn't dating, and no one is suggesting that it is. You don't "date" someone until you actually meet them. I was clarifying that, for you.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:02 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,034,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
It's 56"..............jk. 32 or 33...depends on what brand I buy.
So you are slimmer than TVand Sportsguy by 10 inches!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 10:19 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,433,126 times
Quote:
i know i'm overweight but it doesn't look like it.
Well that clears up your reaction to wanting a full length photo.
Quote:
Only someone mentally messed up woul.dn't know it's a difference between being overweight and being fat and sloppy.
no comment

Quote:
Well I'm 6'6 and 255, size 42 waist
42" waist, please reread your own words quoted above

Old 07-23-2009, 01:49 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,876,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So you are slimmer than TVand Sportsguy by 10 inches!!!
What the **** is your point? Cant you lay off him for a bit?

Old 07-23-2009, 02:08 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,834,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
But wouldn't you want someone to like you for you, and not your body? Am I alone in this? I don't have anything to hide in terms of my body, but I don't want to be judged by that. And I don't want to do the same thing to someone else either.
No, you're not alone but on this site, you're in the distinct minority.

I like your idea of starting as friends and working up. Most posters here think what is important is to go out and find someone compatible - meaning at a similar level of looks. They'll worry about the other compatibilities later - usually after they divorce and need to cooperate on child rearing!

Certainly, when in my 20s, my experience was that the good looking tended to pair up and marry young, either right out of HS or upon college graduation. Most of the others went out in the world to "work" on their other assets and consequently many remained single. Once you are working, finding these "friends" is much more difficult. Opportunities decrease with time and often, you have little time for anything but work.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:20 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,628,390 times
Hey TV, I joke with you a lot and pick on you (and I love it and it's going to continue! lol) BUT. . on a serious note. . . 6'6 and a 42" inch waist. . . there ARE women out here - (raises my hand) that finds your build very attractive and desirable. I rather have a man have more on him than be too thin (its that "I don't want a man with a skinnier butt than me" thing). I have dated men with more on them, (even men who have had a lot more on them) - and most likely will again. No, in fact, I know I will. If people can't accept your body for what it is - fugg 'em.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:02 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,876,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Hey TV, I joke with you a lot and pick on you (and I love it and it's going to continue! lol) BUT. . on a serious note. . . 6'6 and a 42" inch waist. . . there ARE women out here - (raises my hand) that finds your build very attractive and desirable. I rather have a man have more on him than be too thin (its that "I don't want a man with a skinnier butt than me" thing). I have dated men with more on them, (even men who have had a lot more on them) - and most likely will again. No, in fact, I know I will. If people can't accept your body for what it is - fugg 'em.
You deserve a rep for that one... wtf are reps anyway? Can we redeem them for frequent flyer miles or something?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:10 AM

35,984 posts, read 30,507,546 times
Quote:
People DO email, and send pics. But that isn't dating, and no one is suggesting that it is. You don't "date" someone until you actually meet them. I was clarifying that, for you.
Why do they call it online dating?

Old 07-23-2009, 12:06 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,599,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
If people can't accept your body for what it is - fugg 'em.
The problem is the OP isn't even letting it reach that point. Go read his other threads. He complains about how women don't reveal enough info about themselves. But then he does the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why do they call it online dating?
Cause online meeting would sound stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships