Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 05:08 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,473,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
He cant take on all responsibility until medical science can transfer the embryo to his body or he can pay another woman to carry and deliver the child.
Fine. Then yank it out and put it into a surrogate.

You're arguing over an inconsequential vessel - the rest of us are arguing over the human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 06:18 AM

628 posts, read 1,313,186 times
He wants it & she doesnt= you are outta luck dude.
He doesnt want it & she does= no $

Old 07-25-2009, 04:40 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,584,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Why does the father have equal responsibility but not equal rights?
That's the problem right there

Old 07-25-2009, 05:31 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
It's really NOT that simple.

As I said in an earlier post, ask any doctor: a pregnant woman in a doctor's office is 2 patients, not 1.

It is, medically, more that just "her body."

EXACTLY my point. The only logical answer is: You either have rights AND responsibilities, or you have neither. A woman who wants a baby in spite of her partner's wishes, and still expects child support, just wants to have her cake and eat it, too.
I disagree. Child support is NOT for the woman. It's for the CHILD. And it IS her body that is carrying the child. The pregnancy and birth affects that woman more than any possible father, so the woman does, and should, have control over that pregnancy. When we get to the point where everyone is conceived in a petri dish (and I'm afraid we're not far off) then this issue will fade into oblivion.

Again, if the man (or woman) does NOT wish to support a child, then the only 100% foolproof method, is to abstain.

This whole discussion is such a sad damn commentary on our society.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 07-25-2009 at 05:48 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 05:31 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,622,012 times
I think that before she decides to "abort" this child, she needs to discuss this with the Father. Maybe he could raise this baby, or has family that could.
This could be answered diffrently, because you don`t say if they are married, or not. I know that if they are married, with an unplanned pregnancy, the Father does have say so....not married? I guess not so much.???

Old 07-25-2009, 05:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I know that if they are married, with an unplanned pregnancy, the Father does have say so....not married?
What do you mean?! No man can have a say if the woman wants an abortion. It may have consequences like costing her the marriage, but nevertheless... there's nothing he can do about the pregnancy itself.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What do you mean?! No man can have a say if the woman wants an abortion. It may have consequences like costing her the marriage, but nevertheless... there's nothing he can do about the pregnancy itself.
Unless things have changed that much, several years back, if they were married, the Father DID have a say.
When we found a Birthmother, we were all set, ready to go, and she made her decision that this was what she wanted. They found out that she was still married to him, and told us to just walk away, and not fight it.
That as long as they were still legally married, he had a say in this decision, and he wanted to keep the baby.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:02 PM

52,006 posts, read 52,457,444 times
A man can squawk all he wants to, but at the end of the day its her body and she has control over it.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:05 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,018,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Unless things have changed that much, several years back, if they were married, the Father DID have a say.
When we found a Birthmother, we were all set, ready to go, and she made her decision that this was what she wanted. They found out that she was still married to him, and told us to just walk away, and not fight it.
That as long as they were still legally married, he had a say in this decision, and he wanted to keep the baby.
How'd they find out?

What if she didnt reveal she was married simply told them she didnt know who the father was??

Old 07-25-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
How'd they find out?

What if she didnt reveal she was married simply told them she didnt know who the father was??
It was through an adoption agency, so I`m sure they were trying to cross those T`s, and dot those I`s, before it went through, but I`m not sure how they found out, but they did. The Birthmom was young, and didn`t give all the important details. I can remember that moment, because we we all sitting together watching her songram on TV, and she found out it was a girl. We named her together, etc.... Very disappointing time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships