Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 PM

223 posts, read 616,019 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your concern sierrAZ but I'm cool. He's actually in the living right now due to NYC housing laws; he has a right to be here - for now. I'll file a report tomorrow (the officer didn't even fill one out) and head down to family/civil court tomorrow to start the eviction process. He said he'd be out tomorrow but I'm still going to go through the legal steps on my end just in case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:00 PM

264 posts, read 819,550 times
seems like you have made the right decision but let me just add, just in case you ever think about changing your mind, that i have been there done that with the boyfriend not wanting to meet my family and I actually ended up marrying him...blinded by love. Anyway...it has turned out to be a pretty sore spot in our relationship bc he never really did change, even though we have been married for 6 years with 3 kids now. My family started to think he was weird bc he didn't want to meet them, and that led to him sensing that they didn't like him when he finally did meet them, which made him never want to see them again, which made the fam think he was even worse, and a vicious cycle was created that it still going on. He is always bringing up how my family doesn't like him, which, I really can't deny...they made their minds up about him in the beginning when he was so reluctant to meet them, and it invariably ends up in an argument. If your family is at all important to you...you just can't have a good relationship with someone who doesn't want anything to do with them. Which is one of the reasons that we are currently getting separated.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:56 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,986,990 times
JassNYC, I'm so sorry this is happening. But I'm sure you know it's all for the best in the long run. If you are lonely in the relationship at 2 years - it won't be better in 10 years. Frankly, if you are alone, you may as well be .. single and alone. At least then you will have options.

Take care of yourself.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:42 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,947 times
He needs to go. Breaking lamps over a simple discussion like that?? Its not that serious. Next thing you know he will be breaking your JAW. Give him the deuces and move on.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:34 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
...if he was really into you, he'd be wanting to meet your family, at the very least, soon after you met and would start to meet your friends too.

...he just wants to avoid the risks that might occur should he be introduced.
I completely agree. Not fully investing himself into your world makes it easier for him to play you dirty without guilt or consequences, or bail out on you when you least expect it.

He may also be using you until something "better" comes along.

Even if it's neither of the things I mention above, he sounds like he just has too many problems. Why link yourself to someone like that? It sounds like you'd do well to dump him asap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships