Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

I didnt realize the word "Bodega" was a racial slur. I thought it was a market. Silly me.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:19 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice. View Post
LOL. Pretty much. Whenever I go to a club, I'll get men buying me drinks left and right. The first time I went, I thought, oh wow cool, this guy's buying me a drink that's nice of him. Now I realize that these guys are just compensating for their shortfalls. Short guys, ugly guys, old guys, they all want to buy you a drink in some silly hope that you'll sleep with them.

The tall, hot guys that walk up to you with tons of style, and just start talking and flirting, I've noticed that they rarely try to buy me a drink, and I think it's because they realize they're sexy and don't have to compensate. That's when you can have fun and just enjoy the conversation without thinking "this guys just trying to get me drunk".

So don't "buy her a drink", be cool, be hot, have style and swag, and start a conversation. If we like you we'll respond.
And it works. For the women out there that are not users, I think there is an appreciation of men with some boundaries.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
well now that may be harsh but no stranger to the custom, but the women that do that are not called ladies and they work for the house.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:07 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
And it works. For the women out there that are not users, I think there is an appreciation of men with some boundaries.
Just because you want a guy to try for you does not make you a user.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:09 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I didnt realize the word "Bodega" was a racial slur. I thought it was a market. Silly me.
It is not a racial slur it means the grocery store... In NYC bodega is used frequently.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:25 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Just because you want a guy to try for you does not make you a user.
To try for you? No offense, but BARF!

Well I think that is what I see is a problem with our society and our approach to relationships. It's all about money and stuff when the focus should be on the actual people and who they are. It seems some women are more concerned with getting their free drink rather than getting to know someone decent.

Personally I don't buy random women drinks or dinner or anything else. If they demand a "drink" or some other offering for the "privilege" of getting to know them, to me they are just a bar girl working on a hourly rate. It's a sign of someone that if in a relationship with, their concern will be about money and all that can be provided for them. Not about being in an equatable, loving relationship.

Spending a lot of time down under they have a concept of "shouting" drinks which if you buy someone a drink, regardless of sex, they are obligated to buy one back for you. To me that is fair and equatable. Some lazy hen sitting in a bar waiting on a stream of free drinks and when the free drinks run out so does the conversation, that to me isn't appealing or equatable.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
To try for you? No offense, but BARF!

It seems some women are more concerned with getting their free drink rather than getting to know someone decent.

If they demand a "drink" or some other offering for the "privilege" of getting to know them, to me they are just a bar girl working on a hourly rate.

Some lazy hen sitting in a bar waiting on a stream of free drinks and when the free drinks run out so does the conversation, that to me isn't appealing or equatable.
Wow, you are quite the lady's man, aren't you? Implying that women are fat hens and prostitutes because they want to be treated, classy .

Do what works for you Wanneroo. But all I know is I like men to try a little. If that is somehow offensive to you, or makes you "barf" than maybe you need to learn a thing or two about what women like.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:46 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Default You're Deluding Yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice. View Post
The tall, hot guys that walk up to you with tons of style, and just start talking and flirting, I've noticed that they rarely try to buy me a drink, and I think it's because they realize they're sexy and don't have to compensate.
Typical of this type. They are probably saving their money for the women they want...........for more than a 1 night stand. Such guys pick up women for sex but always have "the one" they are saving themselves, and their money for. She has expensive tastes.

Why would they waste their very limited funds, when they don't have to?

Old 07-23-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Typical of this type. They are probably saving their money for the women they want...........for more than a 1 night stand. Such guys pick up women for sex but always have "the one" they are saving themselves, and their money for. She has expensive tastes.

Why would they waste their very limited funds, when they don't have to?
NotARedneck - Yes exactly. I am actually the opposite. If a guy is kind of shy, or not as good looking, I actually give him a little more leeway. But it is the good looking guys, that are pretty full of themselves, that you have to make work harder. They're so used to women throwing themselves at them, they get bored after a while. Got to keep it interesting.

I know its a game, and its really very silly and stupid if you think about it. But that's dating life .

Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Bodega Bay, CA

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships