Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:29 PM

232 posts, read 594,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I hate to be Mrs. Sex-Ed here but some people rub-a-dub-dub without a condom since they're not literally having sex and some STD's can be transmitted that way... but in all reality, Cynaosphere probably thinks condoms are a waste of money.
No. I wrap it up religiously. When it comes to girls, the money I have no problem spending is the money I spend on condoms, motel rooms (like my ONS 2 weeks ago) and the money I spend on gas to drive the 30 miles to my FWB's apartment.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
No. I wrap it up religiously. When it comes to girls, the money I have no problem spending is the money I spend on condoms, motel rooms (like my ONS 2 weeks ago) and the money I spend on gas to drive the 30 to my FWB's apartment.
Motel rooms are sexy.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
Quote:
No. I wrap it up religiously. When it comes to girls, the money I have no problem spending is the money I spend on condoms, motel rooms (like my ONS 2 weeks ago) and the money I spend on gas to drive the 30 to my FWB's apartment.
You've clearly lived a life of rejection...and I'm guessing you will continue to.

I also love how you have acronyms for your make believe partners.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:36 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
No. I wrap it up religiously.
Smart man.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:45 PM

295 posts, read 837,892 times
Quote:
I work part time while I'm in college, so $8 is a big deal for me.

I'm just saying, buying a girl you don't know a drink with no guarantee that she'll even want to keep talking to you in 5 minutes is a huge gamble, for any guy.

Infact, I believe it's counter-productive.

By NOT buying her a drink, a guy is saying 1) he doesn't conform to traditional, patriarchal customs and expectations of meeting and dating women and 2) that he's confident that his own personality and character is enough to attract her.

These are attractive qualities in a man for women, are they not?
First, they're called "specials". Find out which bar is having them and proceed. Besides, maybe if you cut down on the 'Bucks habit, you might have a bit more money for bars.

Second, DO NOT BUY A GIRL A DRINK BEFORE TALKING TO HER. Some women find it rude and arrogant. Remember: Unjustified arrogance is never sexy. Offer the drink once the conversation has been started and settled.

Third, by not buying the drink, you're saying that you're broke and this girl isn't even worth $8. Plain and simple. This is actually really sad that you have luck with so many women with such low self esteem.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:24 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,740 times
'You know how it is when you go to be the subject of a psychology experiment, and nobody else shows up, and you think maybe that's part of the experiment?' For some reason, this whole conversation makes me feel like that... maybe I just need someone to buy me a drink.

Thing is, to some extent I agree with Cyanosomethin'.. It can get expensive, and for the most part, buying a girl a drink before you even talk to her is a big turn-off. As he said later on, women need to feel attraction before anything can happen.. But, Cyanofreak, dude, you go too far. I really don't care that ya hook up with brain-dead ditsy do-nothings.. if you have to brag about all that then seriously, somethin's wrong. Yeah, you're in college and that's the time to have fun, but there's a point where too much fun can just turn into plain stupidity. I know, been there, done that, got the t-shirt.. actually, she ended up with the t-shirt, but that's a story for another day.

I think the best post on this topic I read so far was by Organized Mess.. It just makes sense. Liquor should only play a small part in things, it should be about the connection and not about the cheezy pick-up techniques that this Cyanobum is obviously using.

Just thinkin' about it, why not just forget about the whole bar/night club/raunchy corner liquer store thing all together? There's a lot of places to meet people besides the hot night spots and church. I tend to meet girls wherever I go: the grocery store, the lake, the fancy resturaunt down on boulder... The point is, don't play games, don't use cheesy pick-up lines, forget about the 8 dollar glass of wine - just be confident in your self, and, well... just be yourself.

Oh, and Cyanodud, man, take a midol. It's just a drink.

Carry on..

Old 07-21-2009, 11:38 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Well I have to agree somewhat with Cpsychosphere. Buying random women drinks is a total waste of time and money. But then I am rarely in bars so it's a rare issue. I prefer more neutral grounds to meet women as I find in bars they always have their defenses up and again I'm not into the whole getting sloshed thing anyways.

To me women that have the attitude I have to buy them a drink to have the "privilege" of talking to them is nothing but a bar girl. I can get the same thing in Thailand cheaper if that's what I wanted.

There are some woman that are pure users out there, but I imagine many woman would be put off by a random man buying them a drink out of nowhere.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:40 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
I do most of my girl-approaching during the day (at the cafe, in the super market, on the street, at the mall). I'm dating and making out frequently with this 1 girl I met during day, but in 3 weeks she's no where close to having sex. She's my long term project. I'm meeting a short haired girl I met yesterday at Starbucks tomorrow, but she seems like the same kinda personality and I suspect will be the same.

I find that girls you meet during the day tend to be more modest and reserved, and thusly, more hesitant towards sex. The girls you meet at night in the clubs and bars are the wild, sexy party girls who'll put out quickly (atleast once you get past all their initial barriers, or "*****-shields" as pickup artists like to call them).

My goal is to sleep with the girls I meet at night while I slowly and gradually work on the ones I meet during the day.

One word: KARMA

Old 07-21-2009, 11:59 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
No. I wrap it up religiously. When it comes to girls, the money I have no problem spending is the money I spend on condoms, motel rooms (like my ONS 2 weeks ago) and the money I spend on gas to drive the 30 miles to my FWB's apartment.

I have a hard time believing that you wrap it "religiously."

You are very immature.

Remember something, Tyke - just because you have been born a MALE does not constitute your being a MAN. You have a long, long way to go.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:53 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
If I was at a bar and some guy was talking to me and my drink was empty and he was still talking to me, I give him two minutes to say, "Can I buy you another drink," or I go and talk to someone else.

My time is not for free and if you are broke or cheap, I ain't interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships