Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypbmxgurl View Post
Iv'e had a few guys try to buy me drinks in bars. At which i tell them no thanks =)
I dont see why guys should have to buy a girl a drink. Guys should just come up and try to start a convo without buying a drink. Let alone the first thought i have when a guy does that is hmm whats he trying to do, get me drunk. Now a days some guys put bad reps out for all the good guys out there. I think if anything dont try to find a girl in a bar or club. Most the time they turn out to just be one night stands or end up leading nowere at all. Look for a girl in a better place then a bar. Of course unless thats what you want, a **** or ***** that wont think twice to get drunk and have sex with guys. Not saying all girls in bars are like that.
Oh, come on! Not all girls that go to bars are sl-ts, please. I hate that stereotype. I for one have been to many a bar, and have never had a one night stand with any guy there. And yes, guys do approach me. But you just talk and laugh and have a good time. And if the guy is interesting, you give him your number. End of story.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Oh, come on! Not all girls that go to bars are sl-ts, please. I hate that stereotype. I for one have been to many a bar, and have never had a one night stand with any guy there. And yes, guys do approach me. But you just talk and laugh and have a good time. And if the guy is interesting, you give him your number. End of story.
Hmm, you seem interesting. Here's my number: 867-5309

Old 07-22-2009, 06:14 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Quote:
LOL

I know...right...

I do not think I ever even went out with anyone from that scenerio. I am not a very good bar s*** I guess.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Thats true, in many cases its not a good idea. Ive been to clubs, solo, quite a few times and some mysterious person has bought me a drink. I usually tell the server thanks but tell whoever sent this its not gonna get him a date or a one-night stand, and send the drink back. Only once did I accept one but the server pointed him out and the guy turned out to be someone I worked with from several years ago (um, like, 6 years prior?), they just happened to be in town for the weekend. We talked, shot some pool, the went our seperate ways.
If you want to talk to someone in a club or a bar, simply go talk to them. Just talk. If they like you, they'll stick around. If not, they'll simply tell you to go take a hike or else they'll simply leave. Its that simple.
And I agree with Urban, his prior post above mine, he is absolutely right.
I got an early start at this, I was 10 and I sent a glass of milk to a cute girl I had the hots for in grade school, but she refused it, and I ended up getting sent to the principle's office..

Sorry, all humor aside, I never was into sending drinks to anybody. If I wanted to buy somebody a drink, I would start a conversation with her, then I offered her a drink, and if she accepted, that's fine, if not, that's okay too, regardless of whether she accepted or not, I never expected anything other than a good conversation. Also, back in my 20's, when I used to hang out at bars or clubs, I was usually accompanied with my girlfriend, so I would have gotten in trouble if I tried to send somebody a drink.. I only remember one or two times, starting a conversation with a female at a club, when I wasn't involved with anybody of course, and I offered her a drink and she accepted, and again, I wasn't expecting anything. I never was into one-night stands anyways, and never cared for it.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 07-22-2009 at 10:21 PM..

Old 07-23-2009, 12:28 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,366 times
LOL! Ok, now that I have composed myself, I do have one question. If you are a college student, why aren't you at frat parties getting laid for free??? That's how college works! You go to a frat party, get drunk on someone else's dime and then get laid! Have you learned nothing in college? Or are you really just broke pretending that the reason why is because you are in college???

Old 07-23-2009, 12:52 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
Quote:
Common to who I wonder ? Once you get past the age of frat parties, it is very common for a guy to take a girl out and pay her way. I would never consider a guy who didn't.
Common to anyone who has a morsel of sense.

What your describing is true. If the girl is low risk, you both enjoy each other's company than its okay. The reality is most women are high risk and you can't afford to waste valuable time and money taking them out to dinner. A good deal of women won't even agree to go half on you when it comes to dinner. Women love to milk men for their money, this is nothing new.

of course you would never consider a guy who didn't pay because thats how you've been indoctrinated. Please Women are so fed on the idea of men paying for "everything" that they think its a given like the earth being round.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:53 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
LOL! Ok, now that I have composed myself, I do have one question. If you are a college student, why aren't you at frat parties getting laid for free??? That's how college works! You go to a frat party, get drunk on someone else's dime and then get laid! Have you learned nothing in college? Or are you really just broke pretending that the reason why is because you are in college???

dvc, I've always loved your logic and the way you think! LOL

HI-5!

Old 07-23-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
LOL

I know...right...

I do not think I ever even went out with anyone from that scenerio. I am not a very good bar s*** I guess.
Note to self: Be a better bar sl-t.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:07 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Common to anyone who has a morsel of sense.

What your describing is true. If the girl is low risk, you both enjoy each other's company than its okay. The reality is most women are high risk and you can't afford to waste valuable time and money taking them out to dinner. A good deal of women won't even agree to go half on you when it comes to dinner.
Hrm. I will offer to pay - and if the man insists that I do not (which 99% insist that I do not)- I offer to leave the tip. Again, on tip, men typically will not allow me to - unless I insist a second time - and then by then, they MIGHT give in because they know it will make me feel happy and helpful/useful. Also, I have paid for 2nd or 3rd dates on my own because I was very grateful for the first date and the generosity/effort that the man put into it. It makes me feel great to treat someone. Who cares about the money. . .seeing someone smile and feel good is PRICELESS.

I date men who are on average between 45-60 y/o, who I believe have a different style of dating (more chivalrous and traditional) than men who are younger. I do NOT get any of the men who are around my age and younger who are so damn nit-picky and jaded with all their rules, guidelines and blah-blah's. Who needs that complication and drama. . .I do not. I'm into men who are a bit more emotionally mature and financially secure than that.

If a man is whining and whimpering about women looking for a meal ticket, then change the type of women you date. *light bulb* It's just that simple. Raise the bar a little or continue to bask in that victim mentality. Don't blame a woman that YOU chose to ask out. If you go in half-a$$ed - guess what! - You will get half-a$$ed. Have fun with that!

Old 07-23-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
If the girl is low risk, you both enjoy each other's company than its okay. The reality is most women are high risk and you can't afford to waste valuable time and money taking them out to dinner. A good deal of women won't even agree to go half on you when it comes to dinner.

of course you would never consider a guy who didn't pay because thats how you've been indoctrinated.
Ok I have to give a little leeway here. I understand your point. You are trying to court women and you don't want to wind up dry after only going on two dates. However, this is not a cost benefit analysis. Either you like the girl and are fairly certain she likes you back, or you don't and she doesn't. So why not just take out the girls that you feel you really have something with? And if you don't want to spend a lot of money, make a lunch and go to the park, or see a movie. Not a big deal.

And yes maybe men have it a little harder because they have to do all the courting, but guess what? Women have crap they have to deal with too. Men expect women to look pretty, so we spend all this time picking the right outfit, doing our hair, putting on makeup, etc. If we just showed up in our sweat pants and our hair in a bun, sans makeup, I'm not so sure you'd be spouting all this nonsense about indoctrination.

Save some money. Wear something nice. And pay for the meal. Simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships