Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:11 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Hun, what's a restarunt? Is that a rest area for pigs? "Rest a Runt?"
It was a speling error damm, you know what taqlking about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:12 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
"WHAT DO YO LIKE TO DO?"

Years ago I thought that they really wanted to know what like I like doing and I would say Watch TV, Sports, Go out with friends, and family, or Read.

But I then realized that my answer had to be more related to dating so tonight when I was asked this question I replied with

"I LIKE GOING TO WATERFRONT ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT AND TAKING A WALK ALONG THE WATER. i LIKE GOING TO SIDEWALK CAFE'S, BOOKSTORES, AND SIDEWALK RESTARUNTS. I LIKE TO DISCOVER NEW AREAS OF THE CITY AND SAMPLE FOODS I HAVEN'T EATEN BEFORE"

She never replied back.

So before go and fiill out a application at the nut house can some please tell me what i said wrong or what should I have said differently?
I learned 4 years ago that the key is to sound like you're fun. So you may say that you like to travel, sky dive, hike mountains, parasail, cooking classes, etc. You also want to sound like you give your time to worthy cause so mention that you like to volunteer.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
It's a freaken computer...you guys are in a chat room for christ sake! Get over the Proper Grammer stuff...we are not in school...this is suppose to be fun!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:16 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
I hate this dating sh*T
Yeah, it can get old after awhile. That's why I always like to start off as friends and not jump directly in 'you Girlfriend I Boyfriend' type of sh*t. That way you can ease into something if you wanted to or do nothing at all.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Poor grammar, bad spelling and all caps is a turn-off. Did you really need someone to tell you that?

It wasn't in all caps in the email. I see I misspelled foods too in the email, it was spelled Fods-lol

I hate emailing at home which was evident from my rushing and not aware I spelled a couple of words wrong.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:21 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,747 times
Quote:
"WHAT DO YO LIKE TO DO?"

Years ago I thought that they really wanted to know what like I like doing and I would say Watch TV, Sports, Go out with friends, and family, or Read.

But I then realized that my answer had to be more related to dating so tonight when I was asked this question I replied with

"I LIKE GOING TO WATERFRONT ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT AND TAKING A WALK ALONG THE WATER. i LIKE GOING TO SIDEWALK CAFE'S, BOOKSTORES, AND SIDEWALK RESTARUNTS. I LIKE TO DISCOVER NEW AREAS OF THE CITY AND SAMPLE FOODS I HAVEN'T EATEN BEFORE"

She never replied back.

So before go and fiill out a application at the nut house can some please tell me what i said wrong or what should I have said differently?

Hi and good evening Tv and sports guy.First of all I don't see anything wrong with how you answered her question.Who knows why she didn't reply back.Just don't give up trying to find that special someone.

2nd I wonder why some people on this site find the need to be so rude to other people and have to make rude comments and complain about other people's spelling.

When I become perfect myself maybe someday and don't make mispelling mistakes maybe I'll be able to answer my own question.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:23 PM

46 posts, read 60,904 times
From your name here, TV&SG, I would think your answer wasn't really what you like to do. People sometimes are wary of others on dating sites who list answers they think will get them dates, rather than the truth.
If you really enjoy those activities, keep looking until you find someone to share them with...but if you would rather take a date to a baseball game and eat hotdogs- say so.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Otis View Post
From your name here, TV&SG, I would think your answer wasn't really what you like to do. People sometimes are wary of others on dating sites who list answers they think will get them dates, rather than the truth.
If you really enjoy those activities, keep looking until you find someone to share them with...but if you would rather take a date to a baseball game and eat hotdogs- say so.
Hey on the news they said hotdogs cause cancer...no more weiners for me!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:32 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
"RESTARUNTS" is what stopped me dead in my tracks.
LMAO haha! So true Woof, sent all kinds of alarms off in my head.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:36 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,615 times
All I got out of what you said is "Yo I like eating and window shopping, sometimes simultaneously". I would suggest throwing some other stuff in there to at least attempt to have the appearance of being diversified. Talk about what music you enjoy, movies you like to go see, exercise or an active hobby like bowling, pets, and other various activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships