Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:22 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,986,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post

When she walked up to her husband and told him off, I admit, I got a little chub.
LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 10:23 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
I like strong women, too. *rowr*

Old 07-22-2009, 10:23 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,804,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'm not high maintenance, so, no. Then again, what I require is like pulling teeth these days to get.

For example, I'm not "settling" when I date someone who isn't as attractive. It's never been a requirement that they be good looking and super fit. The men I fell in love with were less than average in the looks department.

Overall, I have settled in many areas. So, I tried, in the name of "love". I just don't have the desire to waste any more time on men that can't or won't give me what I want. Better to be happy alone than miserable with someone else.
LOL. Your screen name looks perfect after reading this.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:25 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
LOL. Your screen name looks perfect after reading this.
Really? How so?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:27 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
while it is always great finding someone you really like and connecting, i am perfectly satisfied being alone and i am pretty secure and happy with who i am. i think people waste others' time if they think to themselves, "maybe if i get to know him, i would be attracted to him" or "okay he/she is a great person, but i will have to put up with xxxx,xxxx, and xxxx.

i dont think someone is any better because they are willing to settle more willingly than someone else.
While I agree with some of what you said. I think its important to remember that no one is perfect. Everyone has their flaws. I know I have tons of faults and quirks that someone would have to put up with, so I guess that makes me more understanding of someone elses.

I mean some for example - like losing their hair. Is not something a guy can help. Or, being short. I don't know. Being single is fun. But sharing your life with someone is fun too. I guess it just depends on what you want.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,377 times
One of the things about a guy that REALLY attracts me is if he has a fine tuned aesthetic appreciation... however, if the guy is a genuinely great guy, I'm willing to sacrifice that.

Nit picky things aside, I agree with some of the other posters and don't believe in settling. Why be with someone you feel like was your last resort?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:32 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,986,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
While I agree with some of what you said. I think its important to remember that no one is perfect. Everyone has their flaws. I know I have tons of faults and quirks that someone would have to put up with, so I guess that makes me more understanding of someone elses.

I mean some for example - like losing their hair. Is not something a guy can help. Or, being short. I don't know. Being single is fun. But sharing your life with someone is fun too. I guess it just depends on what you want.
oh yeah of course! your last sentence said it right there- it depends on what you want. there are things that someone may never like or understand about someone and they are fine with it, but then there are things you may really not be into which could potentially harm the person you are seeing. my physical dealbreakers are bad teeth, bad skin (i dont mean just a few zits, i mean extreme here), really vulgar and obscene tattoos, and body piercings. i am completely fine with things like a guy being bald, heavy, missing fingers/toes/a limb, and really short. i could then write paragraphs about personality traits i would never settle on, but i wont lol.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:32 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,804,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Really? How so?

It looks like in general you're just fed up with men and have quit, so you resorted to just kind of plopping down in front of the television and cracking open a Hershey bar.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Sometimes it helps to make a list. I did...it sure did clarify things for me. And helped bring cohesion to the lessons I learned from past relationships.

Shopping's always easier with a list. *grin*

Old 07-22-2009, 10:36 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post

I don't think any reasonable person expects perfection. It's a matter of there being some things you just shouldn't overlook or accept if it has the potential to negatively impact your quality of life, whatever you want that to be. It's great to be understanding of others flaws and imperfections, that doesn't mean you owe them a chance at a lifetime with you. So many people date beneath themselves to live up to some assenine rule that we shouldn't be so picky. Those people aren't going to be there when the person you chose, against your better judgment, turns out to be a dud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships