Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 06:58 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Well there ya go. That is what the real, and acceptable, deal is. If that had been your post, instead of blaming the CCC for taking action on something you did wrong, then I probably would have agreed with you. As it could very well hurt if a person finds them self in that situation without an emergency fund for backup.

My post was not to debate about business methods, ethics of CCC's and Main St. America. It was simply about your blaming the evil CCC's and their rate jacking you because of something that you had failed to do in a timely manner. (I do happen to agree with you that they are, for the most part, evil)

You keep saying you were late with your payment though you continue to insist that what they did, and had the right to do, because of your late payment is not your fault ..

Self-righteous BS? That's funny. You post on an open forum and then get angry and resort to slurs when someones opinion differs.

I actually didn't mean to sound self-righteous in my other posts. But come on .. place the blame where it really belongs. (okay, so this last sentence might fall under the moralistic category)
So we're back at square one. You say it's my fault...while I acknowledge it, I still think it's a load of crap. Nuff said, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 07:20 PM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
So we're back at square one.
<snip>
Nuff said, imo.
imo also.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:42 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,740 times
For bills and necessary expenses, I pay through my bank account.. but for general things - entertainment, impulse buys, etc.. - I always pay cash. Reason is, I use quicken to keep track of all my spending. I have it itemized into different categories, and one of those is for cash spending. I allot myself a certain amount each week that I can spend on "fluff". I run a business, so I have to keep detailed lists of spending for tax reasons. The things that I spend cash on don't go into the business expense category, so that's just one less thing that I have to worry about.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:46 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
For bills and necessary expenses, I pay through my bank account.. but for general things - entertainment, impulse buys, etc.. - I always pay cash. Reason is, I use quicken to keep track of all my spending. I have it itemized into different categories, and one of those is for cash spending. I allot myself a certain amount each week that I can spend on "fluff". I run a business, so I have to keep detailed lists of spending for tax reasons. The things that I spend cash on don't go into the business expense category, so that's just one less thing that I have to worry about.
This thread really wasn't created so people would explain how they run their finances, but that sounds like a good system.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:49 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
This thread really wasn't created so people would explain how they run their finances, but that sounds like a good system.
LOL, I know.. but I wanted to make the point that just because some men only pay with cash on dates, doesn't mean that they aren't financially responsible.. At least, that's what I thought was the question...

It's been a long year today..

Old 08-07-2009, 06:48 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
When I was in the Navy, the only men I knew that didn't carry cash, that had bank accounts, also had wives to run to the bank while they were at sea. Single men had cash.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:51 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
LOL, I know.. but I wanted to make the point that just because some men only pay with cash on dates, doesn't mean that they aren't financially responsible.. At least, that's what I thought was the question...

It's been a long year today..
I hate those long year days. LOL. They aren't all that way, not at all.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:07 AM

1 posts, read 925 times
I see it as a red flag as well. When I see a guy with a wad of cash I wonder where his self esteem level is at. Hes looking to get attention or feel good about himself because he has a bunch of money in his hand. Its like a girl who wears next to nothing. Low self esteem all day. The worst part is when you have an older guy doing it. After fifty years they havent figured out that everybody knows why theyre doing it, its just seems pathetic. My dad does it, and I know that he does it so he can make everyone think he has lots of money. He is pathetic as well. Unfortunately, whenever he does it everyone in the general area starts giving each other side glances. Its usually very embarrassing and uncomfortable for me. He thinks they are side glancing in admiration or jealousy. They are actually thinking about robbing him or thinking hes pathetic. While he beams with pride or acts like its nothing to him, depending on how hes feeling. Pathetic!

Last edited by blogzilla; 03-23-2010 at 02:22 AM..

Old 03-23-2010, 03:47 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blogzilla View Post
I see it as a red flag as well. When I see a guy with a wad of cash I wonder where his self esteem level is at. Hes looking to get attention or feel good about himself because he has a bunch of money in his hand. Its like a girl who wears next to nothing. Low self esteem all day. The worst part is when you have an older guy doing it. After fifty years they havent figured out that everybody knows why theyre doing it, its just seems pathetic. My dad does it, and I know that he does it so he can make everyone think he has lots of money. He is pathetic as well. Unfortunately, whenever he does it everyone in the general area starts giving each other side glances. Its usually very embarrassing and uncomfortable for me. He thinks they are side glancing in admiration or jealousy. They are actually thinking about robbing him or thinking hes pathetic. While he beams with pride or acts like its nothing to him, depending on how hes feeling. Pathetic!
So I take it you find it pathetic. I think flashing wads of money and paying with cash are two different things.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:12 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
I pay with cash so I guess I wouldn't be PTC's type. Oh well, no sweat off my back. It's ridiculous to use a credit card for every purchase especially when you have the cash to pay for it. I've closed several credit card accounts because I didn't use my card in years. I only have a couple credit cards I use from time to time with nice credit lines/limits but I still pay with cash. It's that mindset that's why many people are in bookoo credit card debt. "I have a credit card, I'm gonna use it to ball out of control" I also have an account so I guess it balances it out. It's funny because I saw someone use a credit/debit card for a McDonald's value meal I have sense enough not to carry large wads of cash, that's asking to get jacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships