Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,599 times

Advertisements

Once a CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER......Once that trust is gone......there is no way to get it back........How could you??????? There is no GOING BACK TO WAY YOU FELT ABOUT HIM BEFORE HE DID THIS......

Im not a PRO DIVORCE person......BUT A WOMAN SHOULD NOT HAVE TO COMPETE FOR HER HUSBAND IN HER MARRIAGE.......

I think back to how many times I waked in the room when he was on the com****r and close out everything he was doing.....DUH RED FLAG.....But he always would LOL TURN THE TABLES ON ME.....and be like " yeah yeah" WTFEVER......

There isnt enough forgiveness or enough pridelessness to forgive this.....

What gets me......he thinks I shouldnt be mad or say anything about it.........
But he wont face the marriage is over/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
I would get out of this relationship if I were you. I say even though it's not "physically" cheating it's still cheating. No one deserves to be treated that way. Look at it this way atleast it happened before you got married, right. Tell him it's over and go find yourself a genuine good man who can be true to you and only you.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:46 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Let me be the lone dissenting voice then..... The internet has opened a whole new class of........ well....... whatever the hell you call it.......

I'm sorry, but in my opinion if the man is faithful physically and looks on the internet with no intent of doing anything it is about the equivelant of being faithful... To claim some "emotional cheating" isn't fair. IMO to confide in a woman you truly don't know is no worse than going to a female psychiatrist. Who better to confide in???

IMO I think women are looking for qualities in a man that are HARD to come by for certain. There is a tendency to look outside the relationship for MOST men for whatever may be lacking in marriage. The internet, IMO has provided a safe way to do that without compromising the integrity of the relationship....

That is my feeling on the matter. There are many women on here that I would EASILY confide in for sexual advice if I felt it necessary. So is that cheating???

NO!!!!

Sending suggestive pictures??? eh..... yeah..... That may be where the line is crossed I suppose. So I get that. But dang. We're entering a whole new world with cyber-life that hasn't been labelled cheating vs. not cheating. I don't really think it's fair to make a firm call on this one.

Last edited by Rhett_Butler; 09-30-2007 at 06:56 PM..

Old 09-30-2007, 07:58 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,362 times
If a person is interacting sexually with another person, be it in real life or online, it's cheating.

And for the record, you can make a very real emotional and spiritual connection online. I met my husband online on my messageboard and we were already in love before we ever met in person. When we did meet in person it felt like we'd known each other forever - we got married five months later.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
If a person is interacting sexually with another person, be it in real life or online, it's cheating.

And for the record, you can make a very real emotional and spiritual connection online. I met my husband online on my messageboard and we were already in love before we ever met in person. When we did meet in person it felt like we'd known each other forever - we got married five months later.
I'd claim you THOUGHT that before you met and CONFIRMED it when you did meet.......

Again, how is soliciting advice online cheating??? How is that "interacting sexually"???

Again I admit the pictures being sent is where it gets over the top but.....

Old 09-30-2007, 08:55 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,362 times
I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know the whole story. Yes I agree, asking for advice isn't cheating. But cybering and having text sex is. I thought that's what the topic was about.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know the whole story. Yes I agree, asking for advice isn't cheating. But cybering and having text sex is. I thought that's what the topic was about.
Actually I haven't read it either..... Didn't realize it was 13 pages long.

Get a job people!!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 6,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambamboo View Post
I recently found that my fiance has been writing to several other women over the internet and I found the e-mails. They are all very suggestive and sexual and he talks to them about things that he and I have shared. He cannot understand why I am upset. I told him I have given him everything one woman can give a man, emotionally, sexually, spiritually, etc....and I don't know what else to do. I told him I didn't feel I was enough, and he SWEARS over and over again that I am enough woman for him, yet he has this need to write these woman and discuss all this. They have even sent him photos of themselves and he kept them until recently, so he says. He says he doesn't feel like it is cheating at all since there is no physical contact and this is all just e-mail bull. I consider it every-bit cheating, especially when he is telling a woman what he would do to her if he was with her.....which what is worse, is that it is all the same stuff he says to me when we are together physically. What are your thoughts?

Please tell your fiance that what he is doing is concidered cheating in a court of law. You see I was going through the same thing with my husband of 14 years ( about 6 weeks ago) . He was have a emotional relationship with a woman over the internet . He was caught ! I did contact my lawyer and I was informed that this is grounds for a divorce. So, please do think before marrying this person. If he can have a emotional relationship with another woman on line , than what makes you think he wouldn't do this face to face ?

Old 09-16-2008, 08:53 PM

2 posts, read 6,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Let me be the lone dissenting voice then..... The internet has opened a whole new class of........ well....... whatever the hell you call it.......

I'm sorry, but in my opinion if the man is faithful physically and looks on the internet with no intent of doing anything it is about the equivelant of being faithful... To claim some "emotional cheating" isn't fair. IMO to confide in a woman you truly don't know is no worse than going to a female psychiatrist. Who better to confide in???

IMO I think women are looking for qualities in a man that are HARD to come by for certain. There is a tendency to look outside the relationship for MOST men for whatever may be lacking in marriage. The internet, IMO has provided a safe way to do that without compromising the integrity of the relationship....

That is my feeling on the matter. There are many women on here that I would EASILY confide in for sexual advice if I felt it necessary. So is that cheating???

NO!!!!

Sending suggestive pictures??? eh..... yeah..... That may be where the line is crossed I suppose. So I get that. But dang. We're entering a whole new world with cyber-life that hasn't been labelled cheating vs. not cheating. I don't really think it's fair to make a firm call on this one.

I really disagree with you ! Sorry ! But I do feel that a emotional relationship over the internet is cheating . Even in a court of law it states it. Plus what right does a man have talking about his wife , to another women that he or she doesn't know ? The only thing that can come out of it is no good . I've had three friends with open relationships just like this and all three are divorced now .
Also how can you compare a female psychiatrist to another woman who is looking for some attention from another man... it doesn't matter if he's married or not. I do not see any PHD hanging on that wall. Plus NO psychiatrist is going to exchange photo's with you.... tell you she misses you.... and loves you. So, I think this man has every intent of being unfaithful .... he just hasn't crossed that line yet..... but there will come the day when it does happen. You see, if he can't talk with his wife....or finds it easier to talk to these other woman, than he shall. He will find it so much easier to talk to someone who totally agrees with him .... than a woman who is married to him that doesn't !

Old 09-16-2008, 08:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
what makes people back away fast is lack of disclosure. its not the evil the offending party does
its what they do not disclose.
principle of an audit. the manager when he gets caught tries to convince the auditor its his 1st time ever and that by some incredible coincidence the auditor was standing there when it happened. the auditor should immediately change and expand the audit program----- immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships