Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:48 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times

Advertisements

Im always in admiration of people who dont take rejection from a male or female badly and move on right away,i could never get over it quickly at all and it usually eats at me.....

Recently an acquantance of mine i spent the night with said the only reason she did was because she was really drunk my reaction afterwards was oh that figures the only way a pretyt girl would be with me is drunk and it shut my confidence back down again..

How do you get over it quickly when somebody tells you that youre not good enough for them??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 12:50 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,523 times
I suspect that they were only into it for the sex or the money.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:53 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
This piece is what helped me get over this problem. He really says it better than I can.

Guide to Beginner Game: Recovering from getting shot down - Rudius Media Message Board

Old 07-23-2009, 01:07 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Im always in admiration of people who dont take rejection from a male or female badly and move on right away,i could never get over it quickly at all and it usually eats at me.....

Recently an acquantance of mine i spent the night with said the only reason she did was because she was really drunk my reaction afterwards was oh that figures the only way a pretyt girl would be with me is drunk and it shut my confidence back down again..

How do you get over it quickly when somebody tells you that youre not good enough for them??
Well.. it is a matter of perspective.

I've had great relationships with some really attractive, cool women, who couldn't get enough of me.

I've been rejected right off the bat by some below-average looking girls who were "Plan Z" to begin with.

It would be foolish to think that there's any rhyme or reason to it. You can read these threads, and see that so many women have strong, quasi-rational preferences that are driven by whatever limited experiences they've been exposed to in the past.

Maybe she didn't like what color shoes you were wearing, maybe her old boyfriend wore those shoes, he used to beat her, so she thinks you'll probably beat her too. Maybe you paid with cash instead of your credit card. Maybe you paid with a credit card instead of cash. Maybe she thinks guys with your type of haircut are paedophiles. Maybe you are too old. Maybe you are too young. Maybe you were too intelligent. Maybe you said something stupid, didn't bring your A game.

Eventually, after enough encounters whose outcomes could never have been predicted, you are faced with the inescapable reality of: "Who f-ing cares?" Cry yourself a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Well.. it is a matter of perspective.

I've had great relationships with some really attractive, cool women, who couldn't get enough of me.

I've been rejected right off the bat by some below-average looking girls who were "Plan Z" to begin with.

It would be foolish to think that there's any rhyme or reason to it. You can read these threads, and see that women have strong, irrational preferences that are driven by instict, and of course each one of them thinks their instinct is "right". Maybe she didn't like what color shoes you were wearing. Maybe you paid with cash instead of your credit card. Maybe she didn't like your haircut. Maybe you were too old. Maybe you were too intelligent.

Eventually you are facing with the inescapable reality of: "Who f-ing cares?" Cry yourself a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
I hear you i agree,i think the last one is just worse because i have to see this girl allot and the rejection is staring me in the face everytime i see her..

Old 07-23-2009, 01:10 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
You get over it when you know they're wrong.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I hear you i agree,i think the last one is just worse because i have to see this girl allot and the rejection is staring me in the face everytime i see her..
Well, the most recent one is usually the worst one, right?

Old 07-23-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Well, the most recent one is usually the worst one, right?
Yeah but if its a stranger u may never see again its a little different,this is kinda awkward..

Old 07-23-2009, 01:20 PM

Well then, dwell on it. Wallow in the pity, bask in the awkward glow of rejection.

Sometimes the only way to fix the long-term problem is to push the present situation further into crisis.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 PM

914 posts, read 1,806,094 times
I write mad sappy songs and listen to Elliott Smith and Daniel Johnston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships