Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,854 times

Advertisements

first of all, i shouldnt have said "first date". it was stupid of me. i really meant a in general thing there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 08:57 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
first of all, i shouldnt have said "first date". it was stupid of me. i really meant a in general thing there.
First date makes all the difference, of course. I think any of us enjoys a really nice place, once in a while.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:24 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I SO agree. I detest going out to dinner for a first date. Too formal, too busy eating to talk, and you just don't get enough of a sense about the person, just sitting there. No first-date dinners for me.
I was always in the mindset of dinner for a first date, thinking that was what everyone did.

It was only some of the australian girls I dated that started to bring me around and to them a man taking a woman out to dinner was akin to a marriage proposal and if anything was way too formal and one on one.

People might consider that extreme, but it allowed me to step outside the box and look at it from another perspective and yeah I think it does put a lot of formal pressure on a budding relationship. Meeting for coffee or tea is more casual and it's probably easier to chat with someone.

Movies are also a no mans land to me for first dates. Here you are trying to get to know someone and you have to sit in silence and the dark for two hours.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:02 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,138,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The Sandbar, I hear, is pretty expensive, so is Michael's on East.
The Sandbar is not expensive...you can google their menue, now, MOE, definitely can be pricey but they, like a number of SRQ restaurants are feeling the summer slow down and have followed the crowd by adding a bar menue with smaller portions at a more reasonable price.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:36 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Odd, I had someone else tell me that it was somewhat pricey...that a number of the restaraunts out on the island were kind of expensive.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:35 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,138,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Odd, I had someone else tell me that it was somewhat pricey...that a number of the restaraunts out on the island were kind of expensive.
Depends on what you consider "kind of expensive." I would say anything over $20 a plate is expensive...on a budget, hit up Anna Maria Oyster Bar for all you can eat fish/chips or the best night, imo, prime rib night. Or you can drop $16 to $18 & cut your plate in half & take home, people get served weigh (get it?) too much food anyhow. You can always just get an appetizer for a taste of the restaurant. If you bring a friend, you can each get something different & then get a bit more of a taste...

Sandbar/Beach House/Mar Vista....Chiles owned, tourist crowd, out of the three, IMO, Mar Vista is the best....but if you want to eat real seafood, go to Cortez & try out The Cortez Kitchen or Star Fish.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Expensive is any entree that is more than I earn in an hour.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If she is into you, does it really matter? I mean, provided it isn't Chuck E Cheese or Jack 'N The Box.
What's wrong with Chuck E Cheese?

I kid you not, for a second date, I requested Chuck E Cheese so that we could play Skee-Ball! I just lovvvve SKEE BALL! After a bunch of small little toys and those Chinese pully finger thingy prizes (that you cannot get your fingers out of, uhg) - was honestly one of the most fun-filled, laughter-filled ha-ha dates I think I ever had.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:43 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
I've never gotten away with less then 200 or so...including alcohol.
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In MANY areas of the country,200 bucks will BUY you 5 women,all of the homemade wine you can drink, a party for a straight week and have money left over for bail,fines,court costs and gas money home

Old 08-01-2009, 02:35 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times
I would draw the line at about $20 - $25 for expensive, not including tip.

A "cheaper" restaurant might be something under $14 each, including soft drink. I wouldn't want to take my date to a fast food restaurant, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships