Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:08 PM

53 posts, read 145,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
This warning should go out to all people, including women. Marriage can be hazzardous to your health!
AGREED! Should be mandatory reading before anyone can apply for a wedding license. Of course, after the guys get the facts, there would be no weddings!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 10:11 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
This warning should go out to all people, including women. Marriage can be hazzardous to your health!
IMO females will shrug it off, use shaming language and the like.

Just to all Men is what's needed as they are the ones on the proverbial short end of the stick within marriage, co-habitation, relationships and the anti-male laws.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:14 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc757 View Post
In fact, if I have one urgent piece of practical advice for young men today it is this: Do not marry and do not have children.

By Stephen Baskerville, Ph.D
Are we sure this guy is a doctor? What does he want young men to do...

Old 07-24-2009, 10:16 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Lol...right...and this woman is getting this divorce bc the guy was such a joy to be married to...

Old 07-24-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Are we sure this guy is a doctor? What does he want young men to do...
Yes, the author that is quoted is a nationally known university professor who has researched these issues extensively.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...right...and this woman is getting this divorce bc the guy was such a joy to be married to...
The issues is not men are better husbands or women are better wives or why a divorce was initiated. The issue is a legal system that can not be trusted to treat men fairly if a divorce occurs.

Why are some men losing it and killing their wives when they file for divorce? Could it be that they know they will not see their children again? I'm not saying it is right for them to do this, not at all. But I am saying that when you threaten to take a man's children away from him it should be no surprise that he will react with a great deal of frustration and anger!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Sorry I may get attacked but the op was not far off base.

For all the women disparaging him, let's see:
In custody who gets the kids?

Who usually ends up paying child support?

Who usually files for divorce?

Who gets the house?

If my marriage doesn't work out (10 years) there's no way in hell I'd ever get married again and go through the b.s. I'm dealing with now.

You get more sex being single.

No body bugging you because you did not was cloths the way they do, the dishes they do.

Paying most of the bills while they worry about their car payment and cloths.

Every conversation starts out about bill but she's not chipping in.

Wants a bigger house and can't help keep the one you have clean.

I've heard these from many married men and have lived some myself.

Sorry women but like I had to tell my wife, you may be the boss at the office but when you walk in the front door you're off the clock.

If you have a problem with me being a man and husband go get yourself a sensitive artist and support him!
your very good post struck a chord. about sex.
the shocking thing i found out after my 17 year marriage was over. my worst day of sex was better single than my best day of sex married.
i was so angry when i found this out. if the woman gets everything up front served on a platter she is no longer motivated. she has aleady gotten everything she wanted. for the woman to warm up there has to be something at the end of the rainbow. never never prepay for a swimming pool. when you do the contractor has moved you to the bottom of the priority stack and is now searching for more accounts receivable.
finishing your pool is his last priority and so it is with marriage.
women talk a lot about guys gettting the icing off the top of the cake and no longer being interested in marriage the reverse is true, once she has your wallet & wears your pants, you just dont look near as sexy.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:45 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
A co-worker who received his degree about 5 years ago told me recently that at least 50% of the guys in his fraternity had no intention of ever getting married because of the legal situation. They all had fathers, uncles, and/or brothers that they had seen go through the court system and lose contact with their kids and cleaned out financially. Guys are not stupid. They see enough of this happening to other guys and they naturally decide it is not worth the risk. I watched it happen to my brother and it woke me up!
In 1960, 10% of men never got married. They were usually drooling alcoholics.

Today, 1/3 don't get married but the drooling alcoholics generally get hitched. Why? Well, for them, marriage is a good deal. In divorce, THEY end up with alimony and a share of the marital assets - something they would never get by themselves.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:29 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Women Lose When Feminists Bash
March 24, 2004
by Carey Roberts

Four decades ago when feminists were making the case for women to leave their families in pursuit of a career, one of their arguments went like this: "When women join the workforce, the world will become a kinder, more compassionate place."

Funny, it didn't quite work out that way.
The main result of the women's movement is that women now have the same right to make mistakes as men did.

Early on, (around 1970) many young women, fresh tom an awareness seminar, looked around and viewed their parents marriage with a jaundiced eye. They lived in a modest house, as most did then. Life was predictable and BORING. Their 48 year old father had a paunch. OMG

They resolved to do better and the sexual revolution gave them the tool they needed (the pill) to get what they wanted. The 70s were the golden era of the good looking guy with family money. Every woman wanted one and since a shot of penicillin would cure all, such men were willing to audition numerous women. Only one problem. They quickly realized that they didn't need to enter into a marriage contract to get serviced and the first generation of feminist pioneers were pissed. AIDS eventually killed this "golden era".

Women now played their next card. Part of the feminist manifesto was that women should have equal rights to employment. I never consider this to be at all unreasonable, but during the 70s, the reality was that while opportunities were opened up rapidly, very few women were willing to get the required education.

By the 80s, they took a new approach. Now it was deemed that sexism that had resulted in no women in senior management. Little could be done about this since these positions were held by men who started working in the 50s or earlier. Instead, they became very successful at lobbying employers to hire recent female graduates over much more qualified men. Where I worked, the males they hired had multiple degrees and the female had 2 year of community college. Despite this inequity, there was always a shortage of candidates to hire. An HR manager told me that they had to hire 50% female, and when only 14% of applicants were female, they had a major problem getting adequate staff!

Anyhow, given this, soon many women were in well paying jobs and no longer had to rely on finding a scion of the local wealthy family. Instead, they could now marry the good looking guy WITHOUT money. Such men were often barely employable so they stayed home and due to boredom, took to drink and weed. This gave feminists further ammunition against all men.

Divorce rates soared but women never learned and by and large, still feel the need to seek out the same types. Meanwhile, the interest in education among young men has plummeted.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:53 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
I'm not interested in marriage. I don't want to exploit a man when it doesn't work between us. We can live together, but I rather we be free individuals with no courts involved. Only reason I would get married is if there was some kind of federal benefits. But I certainly won't try to get married just to get a free house, dog , and minivan. At least not the bad way, like they do in divorce. (But if someone wants to get me such gifts, then, thats another story).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships