Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 11:34 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,139,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
No, women are simply making a defense that they are not pure evil and at fault for all the world's ills as many men on this board like to imply.
the OP is not about women the post is about the law.
women are taking care of their own interests, i understand that, what i do not understand is so many men fail to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 01:20 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,835,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I dont know who would be more enthused about it....considering that it was the man who asked for it.
Someone once said that in some countries, marriage is punishment for stealing.
Seems apt for stealing someone elses' wife.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Believe me, I can tell you from first hand experience that women make out much worse in divorce generally ending up in poverty.
That may be true, but it only applies to those who make poor decisions.

Many women, thanks to the modern feminist movement, are empowered to make their mistakes, just like men were always able to do. Unfortunately for them, this hasn't worked out as well.

In the past, men were forced to suck it up and may have died unhappy, but never divorced.

For women, divorce has the effect of dividing up an ever decreasing pot. If they marry neer do wells, merely because of their looks, they can hardly complain that the alimony and assets from the marriage are inadequate!

Old 07-26-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
How'd you like to have been the top graduate of your ivy league law school and be offered a job as a secretary in a law firm as opposed to your fellow male grads who were offered jobs as the attys they were trained for?
How would you like to have been in the job market AFTER the feminist movement started to kick a$$.

Most male have 2 or 3 degrees and the female co-workers have 2 years of community college.

No younger males are promoted for 7 years while senior management tries to fill their ranks with women. The women leave for greener pastures as soon as they get promoted and then this idiocy just gets worse.

You eventually get promoted, but cannot get your projects done within budget because the women working on your teams are incompetent. You discuss your concerns with HR and are told (in confidence) that they MUST hire 50% female but only 14% of applicants are female and they are usually poor candidates.

You catch a female on your team faking work and essentially, nothing is done about it. You are told to make the work more interesting and relevant to developing them. Meanwhile, some males are fired because it was ASSUMED that they were not doing the work.

At least in the 1950s, women could get married. It may have been unfair but an educated male in the 80s or later was stuck with an education and few prospects. No wonder, fewer are even trying, with every year.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,126,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
How would you like to have been in the job market AFTER the feminist movement started to kick a$$.

Most male have 2 or 3 degrees and the female co-workers have 2 years of community college.
Can you provide the links for this? Thanks

Old 07-26-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Can you provide the links for this? Thanks
Links, my a$$. This is what was experienced back when I started out. What was funny was that many of these women married guys from the same faculty and they couldn't get jobs, despite the fact that they had better grades.

I recall one actually complaining that her hubby was lazy. "He got better marks. Why isn't he working?" They had no clue about how they were the beneficiaries of all this.

The 1994 to 2005 era has masked a lot of this. Fewer men got educated, so there was less need to discriminate. The current recession will likely start to really highlight this, but don't expect to see this in the mainstream press.

I'm an accountant, but don't work directly in the field. I get into the accounting departments of many large companies. They are nearly all female. The males are usually near retirement.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:26 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,126,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Links, my a$$.
Ok, so this is about what you have experienced. I was under the impression that this was the case across the board, although you weren't specific to fields or time lines.

Quote:
This is what was experienced back when I started out. What was funny was that many of these women married guys from the same faculty and they couldn't get jobs, despite the fact that they had better grades.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Faculty? So, you're speaking of professor positions at uni?

Quote:
I recall one actually complaining that her hubby was lazy. "He got better marks. Why isn't he working?" They had no clue about how they were the beneficiaries of all this.
Again, I'm not following.

Quote:
The 1994 to 2005 era has masked a lot of this. Fewer men got educated, so there was less need to discriminate. The current recession will likely start to really highlight this, but don't expect to see this in the mainstream press.
Well, there's always census. But yea, more women are educated and becoming educated compared to men. That's why I was surprised to hear that women with AA's are trumping men with multiple degrees (assuming some ph d's here)

Quote:
I'm an accountant, but don't work directly in the field. I get into the accounting departments of many large companies. They are nearly all female. The males are usually near retirement.
So, you're saying there are women working as company accountants with only community college associates degrees? That sounds really strange to me. Not that I know much about that kind of stuff, but my guess is that they would have been working at book-keepers, A/P clerks or whatever.

I'm certainly not seeing that kind of stuff at my job. Nobody has less than a MS, many have two masters or ph d's. Males and females alike.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:04 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,290,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Now look at what about 3 of my buddies do going after the garter belt... especially the one who doesn't even bother to take his left hand out of his pocket.
So then don't get married, end of problem .

Old 07-26-2009, 07:02 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,109,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc757 View Post
Women from more traditional countries, that are still feminine, seem to make better wives and mothers. I know several couples who fit this description and the husbands and wives seem so much happier than couples I know that both of them are American.
Translation: women from 'traditional' countries where the woman automatically subordinates to the guy are part of happier marriages.
Fits into my theory that one of the biggest problems with today's marriages is that women aren't willing to put up with the same crap they have for thousands of years. This causes strife.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:35 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,418,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
The Men know they get the worst of it.
Actually, womem do. Married men live longer than single men while single women live longer than married women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships