Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times

Advertisements

accent to me is irrelevant. It is the thoughts that count, the intelligence behind the conversation that is a turn on. If you think maps is what the world needs, I probably wouldn't like any accent you had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 09:05 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
accent to me is irrelevant. It is the thoughts that count, the intelligence behind the conversation that is a turn on. If you think maps is what the world needs, I probably wouldn't like any accent you had.
Do you feel the same with music?

Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 PM

Not sure what you mean. Criteria for music is substantially different than criteria for a woman in my life. If I find a piece of music annoying, I change the album or radio station. It is hard to just change women in the middle of a date.....that being said, well written and composed and produced music of almost all genres are good.....from Garth Brooks to Kitaro to native American flutes to the Gaithers. Kitch I don't care for at all.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:23 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
Not sure what you mean. Criteria for music is substantially different than criteria for a woman in my life. If I find a piece of music annoying, I change the album or radio station. It is hard to just change women in the middle of a date.....that being said, well written and composed and produced music of almost all genres are good.....from Garth Brooks to Kitaro to native American flutes to the Gaithers. Kitch I don't care for at all.
Ic, I was simply wondering how important the lyrics (message) were in comparison with the sound.

i.e. would you still listen to a song with a good message but is hard on the ears?

Old 07-26-2009, 09:29 PM

cacophony is hard to take, anytime. but having lived around the world and listened to some butchering of the English language (and I did my own share of butchering other languages) it is less important the sound of the communication than the ideas being communicated. discordant noise is one thing......but poetry, regardless of the language, is still beautiful............I don't speak Persian or Arabic, but when you hear the imam calling the faithful to prayer from Mosques along the Bosporus you can feel and hear their faith.....and it is beautiful......and no, I am not Muslim.....

Old 07-26-2009, 09:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
accent to me is irrelevant. It is the thoughts that count
Good for you! In the case of a few accents I truly don't care what thoughts are being expressed. All I know is I can't be around this talking... They simply irritate the hell out of me! However, I'm not attracted to these people anyway, so it's a moot point in reality.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:28 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,034,055 times
While a woman with a soft/feminine southern accent is hot..Nothing turns up my thermostat faster than a woman with a Latin accent..Smokin hot..

Old 07-27-2009, 01:51 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,412,990 times
Ok, I'm looking for a smiley that's drooling and I don't see one... that's just not right.

For me, I'll stop dead in my tracks for two accents: Southern and British.. My neighbor has a southern accent - also from 'bama, and when I hear her talk... wow.

I can't stand too much of an accent though: "Ya'll git in tha truck, we goin' up to tha big house..." That just makes things a little weird, I wanna understand what the person's sayin'.

But, overall, that's just a small part of things. While I like the accent, that doesn't mean that I'll do whatever I can to pick up the chick.. She also has to have intelligence and personality.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:55 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Southern accents are a huge turn on,specially when it is dirty talk.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:52 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
To me there's not much worse than a woman with a southern/country accent. Its not merely just annoying its a real turnoff actually.

I do however, really like foreign accents on women, especially eastern European accents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships