Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 01:39 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Regardless of the sex of the person, if you dress to get attention, you're going to get it and you are not going to be able to control who gives you that attention. If someone out there thinks they can control that, they are out of their mind.
Even if your primary goal isn't to draw attention to yourself, you should still be aware of how your choice of clothing (or lack of) might draw attention. For example, the woman who's out jogging and only has on a pair of short running shorts and a tank top. She may not have left the house with the intent of attracting men, but she has to know that men will stare and often it won't be the kind of men she'd want the attention of. Does that mean she shouldn't dress that way? Of course not. But it does mean she can't complain about the kind of men who pay attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 01:52 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Women in general dont like men looking at them. Or they want to pick and choose who looks at them no matter what they are wearing. A guy might find her attractive and most times they won't go and talk to them or we just look. Is a guy a perv because he sees a attractive women and is just shy to talk to her. Why are men stuck with this job? Really?

Old 07-28-2009, 03:45 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Sam - from what you write, I think you're coming across as a little creepy and probably scaring the women. You stare, and then laugh when she becomes uncomfortable? Hmmmm, yea that would scare me a bit.

And I don't think she would hit you - probably run in the opposite direction is more like it.

I think you have some gaps in your reasoning abilities.

~Liz
it's just how young women think, at the end of the day.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:50 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
I just don't understand why all men think that we want them all.........maybe we are watching and thinking" look at this jerk staring at me".

samston I was wondering if you keep a mirror in your pocket just so you can admire yourself all day long.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:31 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Even if your primary goal isn't to draw attention to yourself, you should still be aware of how your choice of clothing (or lack of) might draw attention. For example, the woman who's out jogging and only has on a pair of short running shorts and a tank top. She may not have left the house with the intent of attracting men, but she has to know that men will stare and often it won't be the kind of men she'd want the attention of. Does that mean she shouldn't dress that way? Of course not. But it does mean she can't complain about the kind of men who pay attention.
There is a young lady, fit and top heavy here in town(one of the very few) who jogs in tight short pants and a tiny sports bra. Every time she runs down main street cars smash into one another, people walk into lamp posts and people trip over the sidewalk. Especially with all the old geezers here in town that rarely see a young fit body.

What do you do not look? Obviously people are going to. Surely she knows the chaos that travels in her wake.

I think it's just human biology to look, especially since mating is so ingrained in our psyche. Modern feminism is trying to stamp out men having sexual thoughts or an appreciation of the female form, but without men taking an interest in women we have no offspring, no future.

Personally I have nothing to be guilty of admiring an attractive female.

In another thread I just commented on, a woman is demanding a man "take action" and put the moves on her. We can't do that not using our senses to take an interest in you.

Obviously though there is a difference in admiring something and just being rude and there is clearly men and women that can't find that difference.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I just don't understand why all men think that we want them all.........maybe we are watching and thinking" look at this jerk staring at me".

samston I was wondering if you keep a mirror in your pocket just so you can admire yourself all day long.
I think there are a lot of women that think the same way, in that we all want them, when actually often that is not the case.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:38 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Surely she knows the chaos that travels in her wake.
Lol The way you describe it, its like she is rampaging through the town like a drunk mad man! She is jogging down the street in sports attire, not streaking!

~Liz

Old 07-28-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Lol The way you describe it, its like she is rampaging through the town like a drunk mad man! She is jogging down the street in sports attire, not streaking!

~Liz
With what she is wearing it's pretty damn close to streaking.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post

i just understand how most young women think. they think any male look at them instantly means you like them.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:17 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
i just understand how most young women think. they think any male look at them instantly means you like them.
Do you now..........can you guess what I am thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships