Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:29 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Sometimes the dumb and retarded reasoning of others never ceases to amaze me.

Say you're on the train and you see a woman wearing a top that you think is nice. She looks back, thinking you're looking at her in an amorous way and you can sense she feels nervous.

You then think "look, lady. i'm only admiring your top, don't think I'll even be seen dating you. You're not my type!"

Now, why do women think literally any time a man sees them, it's due to them liking them? Are such women insecure, or even narcissistic, in that they presume all men to like them?
This is just bogus, man. If you like tops, you must go to Macy's or something, spend some time before the dolls If you pay them, they will sell the doll and you can take it in your train too, hehe.

Tops look "nice" only when worn by living life-forms.

So you're actually trying to pull ahead of TVandSportsguy in the race. Not sure which one's the hare or the tortoise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 11:30 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
When I don't like someone, the first thing I'm likely to say to them is: "I don't even want to look at you."

Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Could be any number of reasons. Do you look like Charles Manson or Pee Wee Herman, if so that could be your problem right there. Also, reading a girls T-shirt puts your eyes at the same direction as staring at their boobs, so if it's taking you longer than 5 seconds to read the shirt, you are no longer reading, you are admiring.

Edit: You weren't even reading her shirt, just admiring. No wonder you creeped her out.
well, one cannot read minds. Could she say with good certainty that i was checking her out? Or that i would necessarily like her?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 AM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Could be any number of reasons. Do you look like Charles Manson or Pee Wee Herman, if so that could be your problem right there. Also, reading a girls T-shirt puts your eyes at the same direction as staring at their boobs, so if it's taking you longer than 5 seconds to read the shirt, you are no longer reading, you are admiring.

Edit: You weren't even reading her shirt, just admiring. No wonder you creeped her out.
Ha, kind of harsh to lump Pee Wee in with Manson, isn't it?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:39 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Ha, kind of harsh to lump Pee Wee in with Manson, isn't it?
I'm thinkin he's talking about Pee Wee Gaskins, maybe?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:40 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
"I was just, uh, reading your shirt."

"There's no writing on it, moron!"

Old 07-27-2009, 11:41 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
well, one cannot read minds. Could she say with good certainty that i was checking her out? Or that i would necessarily like her?
You're staring at her top, what did you expect? Women have to contend with perverts all day long. She must assume your intentions are perverted in nature unless you prove otherwise, which is hard to do with a total stranger. Again, your appearance and the way you look at her will dictate her reaction. The duration of the stare/glance also comes into play. Subtlety is your friend.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:43 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Sometimes the dumb and retarded reasoning of others never ceases to amaze me.
Wait... aren't you being harshly judgmental right now? Maybe this trait runs in your family.

Quote:
Say you're on the train and you see a woman wearing a top that you think is nice.
Quote:
She looks back, thinking you're looking at her in an amorous way and you can sense she feels nervous.

You then think "look, lady. i'm only admiring your top, don't think I'll even be seen dating you. You're not my type!"

Now, why do women think literally any time a man sees them, it's due to them liking them? Are such women insecure, or even narcissistic, in that they presume all men to like them?
Are you sure that you aren't gay?? Only a gay man would admire a woman's outfit and not care about the woman inside of it. Or someone in the fashion business.

So... what exactly impresses you about a particular article of woman's clothing? If it's a high end designer item? The cut, colour or fabric content of the top? Do you occasionally admire a nice piece of mens clothing also?

And... are you someone that dresses nicely himself?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why do you assume she is thinking you love her. Shes nervous, she probably thinks your looking at her boobs not her shirt and that your some perv.
thought and sight aren't the same thing. I mean that one can look at something and be thinking at the thing you're looking at.

Quote:
Now why is it some men think because you speak to them civilly in a social setting that you are now their girlfriend then get mad and call you names when you have to spell it out for them?
I cannot speak for all guys, I'm not God. Speaking for myself, i can differentiate between civility and friendliness, and a come on. Is it my fault if other guys cannot?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Wait... aren't you being harshly judgmental right now? Maybe this trait runs in your family.

Are you sure that you aren't gay?? Only a gay man would admire a woman's outfit and not care about the woman inside of it. Or someone in the fashion business.

So... what exactly impresses you about a particular article of woman's clothing? If it's a high end designer item? The cut, colour or fabric content of the top? Do you occasionally admire a nice piece of mens clothing also?

And... are you someone that dresses nicely himself?
lol... so it's bad to think "nice suit"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships