Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:38 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,114 times

Advertisements

Confidence is attractive, but so is someone being a little vulnerable, as well. As long as confidence does not cross the line into pompous/cocky (while having a vulnerability). . that's sexy to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 12:38 PM

323 posts, read 806,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Amsherwo:

As a never-married man in his mid-30s who constantly gets told he looks like he's in his 20s or early 30s, I myself am aware of what women are within and beyond my league. I tend not to aim too high if you catch my drift. So, when I read/hear/see men as this superintendent act this way... I really cannot understand.
Thanks for not being a gross, creepy guy Sprawling_Homeowner!!! You rock!!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:44 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsherwo View Post
Thanks for not being a gross, creepy guy Sprawling_Homeowner!!! You rock!!!!

For me, getting in shape etc has been a reminder of a very simple fact of life... women like men they enjoy looking at.

Sometimes, it seems men think only men do that.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:

For me, getting in shape etc has been a reminder of a very simple fact of life... women like men they enjoy looking at.

Sometimes, it seems men think only men do that.
That is such a great point!!! It's not like we expect perfection (or I don't, but I suppose I can't and shouldn't speak for all women), just a little bit of effort! I put a lot of effort into maintaining my body and looks, and I'm not even a make-up and hair done and fashion kind of gal, so I want a guy who respects his body and makes an effort to look good for me too!!! Is that too much to ask? lol

Old 07-28-2009, 01:27 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,034 times
Quote:

She told me that a lot of men from the ages of 30 and up are funny. They want perfect women but they themselves are the antithesis of perfection.

."
We can say the same thing about women though its the ones usually in their 20's

Old 07-28-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
We can say the same thing about women though its the ones usually in their 20's
As a woman in her 20s, I completely disagree. I have NEVER demanded or even expected perfection in ANY man I've been with...EVER. You can't expect perfection in any person, or you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I don't want a perfect guy (although in my eyes, my guy is perfect, at least for me), I just don't want a nasty, fat, creepy old man trying to get in my pants at work! That's not too much to ask for is it?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsherwo View Post
As a woman in her 20s, I completely disagree. I have NEVER demanded or even expected perfection in ANY man I've been with...EVER. You can't expect perfection in any person, or you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I don't want a perfect guy (although in my eyes, my guy is perfect, at least for me), I just don't want a nasty, fat, creepy old man trying to get in my pants at work! That's not too much to ask for is it?
Well then your one of the good ones,most halfway decent looking women wants close to perfection especially physically..

I blame Men though well hit on almsot anything so we overinflate the egos of even some mediocre lookign women who are sitting waiting for pretty boys to approach them..

Old 07-28-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Well then your one of the good ones,most halfway decent looking women wants close to perfection..

I blame Men though well hit on almsot anything so we overinflate the egos of even some mediocre lookign women who are sitting waiting for pretty boys to approach them..
Awww...shucks JBT1980. Thank you!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post

I'm about the same age as you, eat right, exercise and would say I'm in better shape than most guys my age. People regularly tell me I look younger. But one thing I've learned is to be forgiving of how a woman looks. I know how hard it is to stay in shape after a certain age. While I'd like to be with someone who's serious about health and fitness, I don't expect them to be just like me. There's nothing wrong with a little extra.
Im the same way i dont mind a little extra weight,but do u think most women are as forgiving??

Im 5'8 165 skinny not in great peak shape but in pretty decent shape for beign almost 30 in decent but in this area unles your roided out you dont get many looks

Old 07-28-2009, 01:47 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,259 times
Quote:
Im 5'8 165 skinny not in great peak shape but in pretty decent shape for beign almost 30 in decent but in this area unles your roided out you dont get many looks
Maybe it isn't just your looks. Have you thought about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships