U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 12:10 PM

437 posts, read 642,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares
I think I would prefer asian. They generally eat less are quieter and smaller so they take up less room. Where can I purchase one, please?

That's a sensible choice, 2mares, but I'm disturbed that not enough men are buying American these days. Sure, asian wives last longer and more dependable, but nothing beats a classic American wife when it comes to handling.

lol!

All jokes aside though, more and more men are finding the foreign models better and going for that. AW are noticing this though, hence the IMBRA act which is only enforced against American men seeking to meet foreign wives.

Most AW's, rather than realize they are perhaps at fault, instead seek to insult these men. Why so upset? If they are such losers, shouldn't you be HAPPY that foreign women are keeping such "losers" away from you?

Heck, a foreign wife might have kept Gary Sodoni from going nuts and four people would be alive today.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-14-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
The "me love you long time" thing is sooooo overatted!
No it's not.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:17 PM

I would think Real Men (not little boys) would prefer a wife with a bit of back bone

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER! SHAMING LANGUAGE DETECTED!!

Old 01-14-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
%2 alt="View Post" src="//pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif" border=0>
OK lets just ignore the stereotypes here for a second (Quiet Asian Wife vs Loud American Wife)

I would think Real Men (not little boys) would prefer a wife with a bit of back bone

What would be the fun of being married be if you didn't get to argue at least some of the time

When would you ever get the chance to have make-up sex?

</DIV>Great post. I have a good friend who has a serious thing for Asian women. His basic rationale is that they are culturally predisposed to be subservient to their men. I keep telling him he needs to grow a sack and quit being a failure as a human being so that he doesn't need to hedge his bets with hyper submissive women.

*eye roll*

Some of us like to come home and not have a p*ssing contest with a wife, especially since with one call the boys in blue will show us to kick you out of YOUR house and issue an order barring you from your home and children without due process.

"Strong" and "independent" American women? You can keep 'em. More and ore are agreeing with me on that sentiment btw- check out the falling overall marriage rates yet increasing marriages between American men and foreign wives. Hmm....

Old 01-14-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
This thread is exactly why I've never wanted to date a non-Asian man with a "thing" for Asian women. Very gross and icky... Asiaphiles just stay very far away from me!!!
What's wrong with liking what we like? If we find Asian women the most attractive type of women, would it not be foolish to NOT seek one? I've dated many women of many races... I still like Asian the most. Not all are the same personality wise though. I dated one who was raised in the US and had a horrible attitude. Another was raised mostly in the old county- very sweet, and a few others who had divided their time in both nations.

I've just found that the greater the proportion of time they spent in the US, the worse the attitude is. Stereotype? maybe. But experience bears out this observation for me.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:46 PM

6,764 posts, read 20,944,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
What's wrong with liking what we like? If we find Asian women the most attractive type of women, would it not be foolish to NOT seek one? I've dated many women of many races... I still like Asian the most. Not all are the same personality wise though. I dated one who was raised in the US and had a horrible attitude. Another was raised mostly in the old county- very sweet, and a few others who had divided their time in both nations.
I agree--date and marry the person/type you want.

And the rest of the women in the USA will be glad, too.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:14 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,379,815 times
All the idiotic men who want Asian women for the stereotypical qualities you hear about clearly have never dated an Asian. Sure, we cook well, we keep house, and we keep quiet. Sure, Asians traditionally age later.

But darlings, have you ever seen a pissed off Asian woman with her mother--YOUR mother in law--- to back her up?

Silly American Men. There's a reason why Asians don't just pick anyone---either you aren't good enough or you can't handle us

Old 01-14-2010, 06:47 PM

9,600 posts, read 15,583,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
All the idiotic men who want Asian women for the stereotypical qualities you hear about clearly have never dated an Asian. Sure, we cook well, we keep house, and we keep quiet. Sure, Asians traditionally age later.

But darlings, have you ever seen a pissed off Asian woman with her mother--YOUR mother in law--- to back her up?

Silly American Men. There's a reason why Asians don't just pick anyone---either you aren't good enough or you can't handle us
There's so much truth to that. Before I met my wonderful Mexican-American wife, I was a big time ***** pacifier. Guess what race many of my gf's were? Asian. I could stand up to the Asian girlfriend and her mom, no problem. Hell, I could bring them to tears.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 PM

2,882 posts, read 6,523,424 times
I've dated an Asian girl in the past but while I don't try to narrow the field I'll go with the American.

Not all American women are fierce bitchy toads! There are plenty intelligent, sweet, and good looking girls around at least in my age bracket. If I'm not married at 30 it might be different so ask me again haha. But I can't imagine marrying a girl I can't have a fluent conversation with and American girls and myself just have a lot more in common culturally for a relationship.

I'm white myself and as a whole I'm mostly attracted to white girls, but there are some of other races that have gotten my attention also.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:01 PM
JL

8,174 posts, read 13,162,655 times
I remember my mother telling me when i was younger, "If you marry an American woman, you'll have cereal for breakfast, cereal for lunch, cereal for dinner, and you'll go to bed hungry".."do you want your life like that"...all in Vietnamese except the word "cereal"....LOL...

Keep in mind, our family was the first wave of Vietnamese immigrants. She said some really crazy things, but that was my favorite... . She was the 'motivational' speaker while my dad was the spanker!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.