Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:54 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I totally forgot to mention that. Did I miss anything else? I wouldn't want to forget another way in which Asian women are perfection and Western women are horrible, disgusting, gold digging hookers!
If you see American women like that, then that’s your opinion. Others may simply see it culturally different, not better or worse than the other.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:55 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
You're only half-Asian, right, Dewdrop? You must have some sort of Jekyll and Hyde thing going on where you vary wildly between being perfect and being horrible, as your inner natures fight each other.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:57 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You're only half-Asian, right, Dewdrop? You must have some sort of Jekyll and Hyde thing going on where you vary wildly between being perfect and being horrible, as your inner natures fight each other.
I'm half Japanese - but I'm tainted because I was born and raised in the United States! And you know - it's a well known fact that Western women are horrible creatures!

Old 03-28-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If you see American women like that, then that’s your opinion. Others may simply see it culturally different, not better or worse than the other.
Yeah - not better, not worse - you just have your preferences - right? And you happen to prefer people who age well, aren't cowards, aren't fat, pay for dates, etc. - no better or worse - just different - right? Because some people prefer women who age poorly, are fat, are cowards, etc. - right? Yeah... Let me know if I left anything else out about Western women! I wouldn't want people to get the idea that they are actually decent human beings!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:01 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,750,952 times
Quote:
Yeah - not better, not worse - you just have your preferences - right? And you happen to prefer people who age well, aren't cowards, aren't fat, pay for dates, etc. - no better or worse - just different - right? Because some people prefer women who age poorly, are fat, are cowards, etc. - right? Yeah... Let me know if I left anything else out about Western women! I wouldn't want people to get the idea that they are actually decent human beings!
If they have dark hair, I'm lookin' no matter where they come from.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
If they have dark hair, I'm lookin' no matter where they come from.
Well, that I do have! I've had to wear blond wigs for shows before - doesn't really work.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I'm half Japanese - but I'm tainted because I was born and raised in the United States! And you know - it's a well known fact that Western women are horrible creatures!
If you feel that way about being american and think Japanese culture is better then it's never too late to dig more into your Japanese ancestry and learn from their culture. Maybe you won't feel "horrible" anymore after that. You can practice Japanese with me if you want.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Yeah - not better, not worse - you just have your preferences - right?
Very good. None are better/worse, just different. You know how it is.

Quote:
And you happen to prefer people who age well, aren't cowards, aren't fat, pay for dates, etc. - no better or worse - just different - right?
Yup, just like many women around here prefer men who pay for them, take initiative, etc. instead of those who don’t do that and therefore makes them cowards, cheap, misfits, not-real-men, they need to man up, etc.

Quote:
Because some people prefer women who age poorly, are fat, are cowards, etc. - right?
Very good. We all have preferences. You are finally getting it.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If you feel that way about being american and think Japanese culture is better then it's never too late to dig more into your Japanese ancestry and learn from their culture. Maybe you won't feel "horrible" anymore after that. You can practice Japanese with me if you want.
I think I'll pass.

I actually feel very connected to my Japanese ancestry. I took private Japanese lessons for a few months before I went to Japan. I cook Japanese food all the time. My mother was born in the camps so I feel more connected to the Japanese American culture than to the Japanese culture from Japan - but I wouldn't have it any other way. The camps affected our lives and brought us together. It's a very significant part of my family. I'm actually much closer to the Japanese side of my family than I am to the Jewish side.

I actually appreciate all cultures and all people. Maybe this is something that you can try to learn from. I try to see the good in everything. You can practice this with me if you'd like. Try not saying anything negative about Western women for a week and see if it doesn't make you feel like a better person. I'll help you and point out your posts that put down American women! Just let me know if you are up for it!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:10 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthinker View Post
I am trying to help my best friend to decide on this issue. Thank you.
Your friend needs your help on this issue???

Let your friend's brains, wallet and pituitary gland decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships