U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 AM

5,500 posts, read 20,651,347 times

Advertisements

Some men don't like women who are on the career ladder because they are super busy, travel a lot, and their priority is work.

Some men would rather THEY be the center of their woman's life.

How do you feel about it? What are your experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 06:59 AM

3,628 posts, read 9,416,383 times
*grabbing popcorn*

Old 07-31-2009, 07:24 AM

27,236 posts, read 42,602,200 times
None of the women I have dated worked. At least not while I was with them. Two of them were disabled though. Also, my wife was considered "disabled" when I married her.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:36 AM

3,456 posts, read 9,522,941 times
At my age, that's what I'm looking for. I've done the whole career thing and I honestly wouldn't mind letting it take a back seat to her's. If it would give me an opportunity to be a "Mr. Mom" and stay at home, even better.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:36 PM

4,478 posts, read 8,698,715 times
I believe that women that stay at home, that is old-fashioned. If a woman is with a men, they have to work, not just the man. If this happens, then the woman is depending on the man. This is the new century, men and woman should be 50/50. Both should work

Old 07-31-2009, 08:45 PM

7,653 posts, read 15,975,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Some men don't like women who are on the career ladder because they are super busy, travel a lot, and their priority is work.

I personally wouldn't like my wife to be on the career ladder for the reasons you mentioned. Ideally, my wife would stay home and care for my children and me. I certainly don't want a wife who's priority is "work".

Also, you'd think such women would tend towards an aggressive, competitive, "type A" personality type, which I find VERY unattractive in a woman.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:56 AM

4,390 posts, read 3,571,355 times
Any Women who would consider using the term,"career ladder", in conjunction with a question regarding her attractiveness therein, needs a reality check.

I've met some people who thought they were on some kind of holy quest in their job, truly pathetic.

I've been around long enough to know that we as a species, are sliding down the slippery slope when we begin to associate our work with any facet of dating desireability, Women who think they are on a career ladder are really out of touch with the reality of the latter day workplace, to say the least. It isn't that they travel, or are, "super busy", but, it is truly hitting the proverbial nail to say that they see their work as a "priority". This simple fact has worked against both Men, and Women. When you have "priorities", you are setting the terms of your life, "workaholic," is what they call these folk's, when they happen to be Men.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:04 PM

14,652 posts, read 14,541,157 times
generally the men I've known, once they see the paycheck of the woman on the career ladder, they are more than happy to let her do her thing, and share the financial burden of keeping a home and raising a family. Also plenty of guys see that her paycheck can buy him expensive toys, cars, trips, whatever.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 PM

769 posts, read 2,055,681 times
My career will never rule my life. I don't want to date a workaholic. It makes for bad relationships.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 PM

2,257 posts, read 1,909,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post

I am not a workaholic, so I would not want to be in a relationship with one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or