U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 11:52 AM

15,671 posts, read 10,016,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Population size is meaningless when all women 30-40 years old are married.
I thought you were late 40s?....

But nothing to do with if you're looking for 35-40 of course

Right so every single bar/club is fully of married only?..... And there are absolutely no meet ups or dating scene there?

If this is the case how did they ALL meet and get married in the first place?....

Honestly this notion is hilarious mate if you can't see what the problem is
Rate this post positively

Old 07-13-2016, 11:59 AM

10,156 posts, read 7,295,470 times
If a woman is single it's because she wants to be any woman can be in a relationship. Many women say they don't get hit on which I don't buy at all.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:24 PM

27,696 posts, read 35,947,493 times
Quote:
No single women, period in Oklahoma City. I'm moving back to Atlanta asap!
Bye, Felicia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Population Of Oklahoma City In 2016

Right so a city of over 600'000 people you say there's NO single women at all mate? A city full of people and not one?........... Leave it out mate
It is more of his whiny sad sack tiresome story. It is not the population that's the problem.

Quote:
Population size is meaningless when all women 30-40 years old are married.
Hyperbole much?

Old 07-13-2016, 01:05 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,069,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Many women say they don't get hit on which I don't buy at all.
Your not buying it doesn't make it less true. Last time I got hit on, I didn't realize I was being hit on because it was another woman! (This was back in October).

I was talking to the artistic director at a local theater the other day. She commented about needing to find a husband for the gal who first told me about the theater. My response was "Screw her! (in jest) Find someone for me instead." She said she'd been trying to find someone for the other gal for years and the problem was the theater has " a lot of nice, amazing single women but we have very few single men around to match them up with." And one of the few is leaving the state.

Most of the women in my circle I've talked to recently are disabling their OLD profiles and are giving up on dating. One had a dozen or so first dates last summer in the span of a month; this time around she's had one in the same time period. I've been trying to explore activities outside my norm to expose myself to new people, but I'm still just meeting single women and married or retired men.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:22 PM

735 posts, read 522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Maybe that has something to do with prostitution being legal in Vegas.
Prostitution isn't legal in Vegas.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:33 PM

90,987 posts, read 87,674,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Your not buying it doesn't make it less true. Last time I got hit on, I didn't realize I was being hit on because it was another woman! (This was back in October).

I was talking to the artistic director at a local theater the other day. She commented about needing to find a husband for the gal who first told me about the theater. My response was "Screw her! (in jest) Find someone for me instead." She said she'd been trying to find someone for the other gal for years and the problem was the theater has " a lot of nice, amazing single women but we have very few single men around to match them up with." And one of the few is leaving the state.

Most of the women in my circle I've talked to recently are disabling their OLD profiles and are giving up on dating. One had a dozen or so first dates last summer in the span of a month; this time around she's had one in the same time period. I've been trying to explore activities outside my norm to expose myself to new people, but I'm still just meeting single women and married or retired men.
What is going on in Portland?! Has there been any study and analysis of this, in women's magazines, the local paper, anywhere? This sounds so odd. But then, there was that one poster in Portland a few months ago, who said all his single guy friends go on Meetup hikes, and there are no women.

Bizarre. How to get the ships to stop passing in the night, and to connect?

Old 07-13-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What is going on in Portland?! Has there been any study and analysis of this, in women's magazines, the local paper, anywhere? This sounds so odd. But then, there was that one poster in Portland a few months ago, who said all his single guy friends go on Meetup hikes, and there are no women.
This article seems tongue-in-cheek but it's actually pretty accurate. It doesn't speak to numbers but the dating culture.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...-anywhere-else

I have a good friend who meets #2, #3, #12 and sort of #15 - they aren't roommates but on average spend half the week together. Until recently, he also met #6.

I am #3, #10 and #13, though I have a car and spend most of my social time in Portland. I do sometimes take MAX depending on what I'm doing and how bad parking is going to suck. I'm open to #2, and could easily meet someone for a date at 3:00 p.m. on a Tuesday (#6) - I'd much rather do that than go to the gym!

As for #4....well, let's just say at the World Naked Bike Ride, there was more than one person I thought was one gender judging by their face only to look down and see I was wrong! As for #9, it's rather common to go to happy hour in place of dinner for the cheap eats and drinks. Happy hour here is generally NOT a precursor to dinner. Even the Dairy Queen by my house now has happy hour.

There was another article a few years ago that addressed there being more college educated women in Portland than men. At the time of the article, their research showed there were 33% more women under 35 in this area with a college degree than men.

Forget Online Dating: Here's Something That Might Really Hurt Monogamy - The Atlantic

Old 07-13-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Bizarre. How to get the ships to stop passing in the night, and to connect?
I think it has been discussed extensively why you can't meet women on Meetup hikes.

Women don't like hiking, it's possibly better to try cooking classes, painting classes and book clubs.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
I think it has been discussed extensively why you can't meet women on Meetup hikes.

Women don't like hiking, it's possibly better to try cooking classes, painting classes and book clubs.
I can only speak for this area; I'm sure other areas vary. Hiking here is a popular activity and is actually quite common for a second or third date.

I've been a Meetup organizer/member for 8 years. As for meeting through Meetup, those in my circle got tired of hikes always being female-dominated so now they just arrange them through Facebook instead. I probably see a status update at least once a week asking who wants to go hiking this weekend. Which is why (and I'm probably butchering this) UCecon99 is seeing male dominated hikes now - all the women quit going, myself included. But we didn't just stop hiking through Meetup. We stopped going to most Meetup events for the same reason - single and looking and got tired of the 10:1 at worse 7:1 at best ratio at events.

I've also posted here several times about a male friend who left a hiking group because he got tired of being circled like a piece of meat when it was discovered he wasn't wearing a wedding ring.

I don't know if I'd want men in my book club, tbh. It's more of an excuse to have a girlfriend's night catching up over a plate of nachos than it is about the book.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I can only speak for this area; I'm sure other areas vary. Hiking here is a popular activity and is actually quite common for a second or third date.

I've been a Meetup organizer/member for 8 years. As for meeting through Meetup, those in my circle got tired of hikes always being female-dominated so now they just arrange them through Facebook instead. I probably see a status update at least once a week asking who wants to go hiking this weekend. Which is why (and I'm probably butchering this) UCecon99 is seeing male dominated hikes now - all the women quit going, myself included. But we didn't just stop hiking through Meetup. We stopped going to most Meetup events for the same reason - single and looking and got tired of the 10:1 at worse 7:1 at best ratio at events.

I've also posted here several times about a male friend who left a hiking group because he got tired of being circled like a piece of meat when it was discovered he wasn't wearing a wedding ring.

I don't know if I'd want men in my book club, tbh. It's more of an excuse to have a girlfriend's night catching up over a plate of nachos than it is about the book.
Sounds convincing, but I'm really confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.