U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 12:28 PM

26,427 posts, read 29,181,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Seriously? What does "acting like it" consist of, oh wise one?
And if all women inevitably get hit on all the time nonstop when we leave the house, we wouldn't have to act any different than we normally do, right?

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 07-14-2016 at 01:23 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 07-14-2016, 12:33 PM

40,157 posts, read 31,729,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But you've posted in the past that your women friends (whether friends or actual gf's) tend to be unusually attractive, and get hit on all the time. Women who are just average-cute don't get approached. Nor even responded to if they do the approaching, generally. Like the guys, they have to join a lot of activities and make a lot of effort to circulate, and even then, results are slim, if any at all. These things take time. It's not the myth mothers raise their daughters with, that they don't have to do anything, and men will flock to them. That's one of the worst ideas anyone could raise girls with.

They're attractive, but one wouldn't know that until they're spoken to. By most people's standards they'd be average physically, as the vast majority of people are. Like most people you have to get to know someone to determine if they're attractive, or talk to them to determine if they're charismatic.

No, what this board would call physical 4s, 5s, 6s all get approached a ton. Yes, average looking women get approached all the time in the appropriate settings in my experience.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:33 PM

15,671 posts, read 10,198,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
if you want approached, act like it.
Eh?

How?.... Printed t shirt? Flash her boobs at any bloke she fancies, pretend to have a heart attack so they come over? ..... LOL!

How?

Old 07-14-2016, 12:35 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,327,338 times
Quote:
Seriously? What does "acting like it" consist of, oh wise one?
If you don't know...it's not up to a man to teach you.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:37 PM

3,515 posts, read 2,064,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And if women inevitably get hit on all the time nonstop we leave the house, we wouldn't have to act any different than we normally do, right?

Exactly.

Maybe I should have a sign made to wear around my neck that states "YES! I'm single. Now please come up and ask me out right NOW"

Or I can always carry a bullhorn around and just announce it when I am in crowds.

Or, maybe a forehead tattoo would work better?

Decisions....decisions....

Old 07-14-2016, 12:39 PM

3,515 posts, read 2,064,863 times
Quote:

Oh trust me, I am not looking for advice from you. I was just wondering what your idea of that concept was.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:40 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,114,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, what this board would call physical 4s, 5s, 6s all get approached a ton. Yes, average looking women get approached pretty much non stop in my experience.
So what I'm getting from this thread is I either need to move to SF or Boston.

Quote:
In the Portland Metro area? Nah, no one would even notice it - tats and piercings are too common.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:41 PM

25,906 posts, read 40,029,314 times
Quote:
Pft. A friend of a friend told a story this morning about being stopped during her run by an older man who told her to wear a more supportive bra because hers were going to wind up saggy. Creep. There is no shortage of men on and off CD who want us to know how to dress, when to smile, how long our hair should be, how much makeup to wear, what kind of clothes and shoes please them, that we should wear dresses and skirts more, whether we should get tattoos, and all manner of things so we can be as visually pleasing as possible to men we don't know.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:43 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,327,338 times
Quote:
It's ironic, because you yourself say that you see women all the time but don't approach. You're not the only one. And you're not noticing all the less attractive women who never get approached.

And we've said it a billion times: a woman's lifestyle will affect her interaction with men in the world. If she's really attractive, if she lives in a city, if she takes public transportation, if she works a customer service job, if she socializes a lot, then yeah, she will get more attention from men in the world. But if she's like you, and she keeps to herself, she doesn't work with people, she drives alone to work, she has female-dominated hobbies, then no, she's not getting "offers" daily, weekly, or even monthly.

For me, personally, I'm not actively trying to date, but I couldn't tell you the last time a stranger approached me to strike up a pleasant conversation. I have no idea if men are looking at me and thinking things, but it certainly hasn't manifested in any kind of tangible outcome.
Quote:
And if all women inevitably get hit on all the time nonstop we leave the house, we wouldn't have to act any different than we normally do, right?
If you're not actively trying to date you probably give off that vibe and men pick up on it. Especially if you go to happy hours with groups of girls..you probably don't even appear approachable to begin with. That's considered a hard to shell to crack for many men.

A woman in that situation that wants approached is usually advised to try and break off from the "crew" or place herself strategically somewhere at the club so she is near where some men are possibly. If the woman is in middle surrounded by 6 women it's doubtful she's going to get approached.

Some women give off that vibe when they don't even want to give off that vibe and that's partially what their problem is. Since the men are most definitely out there.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:44 PM

25,906 posts, read 40,029,314 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Maybe I should have a sign made to wear around my neck that states "YES! I'm single. Now please come up and ask me out right NOW"

Or I can always carry a bullhorn around and just announce it when I am in crowds.

Decisions....decisions....
Ooh! What about one of those bedazzled tank tops with a Playboy bunny silhouette or a catchy saying like "**** Monkey" or something? I have a t-shirt that says "Huge tracts of land" in Gothic typeface, which makes them look and screens out the ones who don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.