Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 11:04 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Could be rough in the East for men and the West for women. I think one reason is the States with the oldest population, therefore likely to have more women, are Florida and Vermont. But BBW will be able to find boyfriends.
Another factor to consider. In Florida and West Virginia, there are alot of elderly. For WV, the young who can leave do leave. The elderly often stay. Florida attracts alot of elderly. Women live longer than men. Some of Florida's cities have among the highest suicide rates in the nation.

I want to add more. Many cities with more single women than single men have high murder rates. St. Louis, New Orleans, Baltimore, Birmingham, Memphis, Newark. Alot of men getting killed and going to prison.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Go to Buffalo, Syracuse, and Philly for women and go to Seattle, San Jose, Salt Lake City, and San Diego for men, simple as that!
Have you been to those cities?

I ask because of this. I have lived in Texas, the West Coast, and the South. However, the West Coast/Texas were my childhood days. I did not spend my adulthood there. What I know of in terms of what the dating scene is like what here in the Atlanta area, where I have spent my adolescent years and adulthood. I don't know how dating would be in Buffalo, Syracuse, or Philadelphia, or in the other cities you mentioned. I don't know if you do either.

This is my theory. A large supply of women or men doesn't say anything about the quality of men or women you meet.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:54 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,874 times
t
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Have you been to those cities?

I ask because of this. I have lived in Texas, the West Coast, and the South. However, the West Coast/Texas were my childhood days. I did not spend my adulthood there. What I know of in terms of what the dating scene is like what here in the Atlanta area, where I have spent my adolescent years and adulthood. I don't know how dating would be in Buffalo, Syracuse, or Philadelphia, or in the other cities you mentioned. I don't know if you do either.

This is my theory. A large supply of women or men doesn't say anything about the quality of men or women you meet.
Yes, I have and even been to Houston, too! You get an attractive women or a decent working class types in Syracuse and Philly. The women in Atlanta are snubby but an attractive and down to earth type there don't go out to the social scene. They just pass by in their cars. Houston used to be a knockout back in the 80's with all kinds of good looking women hungry for nice guys back then. It ain't like that no more in Houston, sadly.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:00 PM

It could be much, much worse! San Jose: all the attractive types are just simply wiped out or taken by guys. They're all married or are in deep relationships. There's not even a crumb left in this city for single guys, period! A lot of women are mean, selfish and stuck up, being very snubby. You'll lose your sanity here. For reliefs for guys in San Jose- head to Sacramento or Portland. It's a huge improvement over San Jose!

Old 09-05-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
tYes, I have and even been to Houston, too! You get an attractive women or a decent working class types in Syracuse and Philly. The women in Atlanta are snubby but an attractive and down to earth type there don't go out to the social scene. They just pass by in their cars. Houston used to be a knockout back in the 80's with all kinds of good looking women hungry for nice guys back then. It ain't like that no more in Houston, sadly.
Just checking. I have never been to Upstate NY. In my case, I'm a middle class guy who is kind of nerdy,bookish, works a professional job, I don't like the club scene.

I've seen that many women in Atlanta proper can be snobby, Black or White. I tried to talk to some women at a couple of clubs. I basically got looked at in an awkward way. Meanwhile, rougher, more "alpha" looking guys could get girls. I noticed alot of females would go to the club in packs.

In my case, this social scene your speaking of, that isn't the club scene, I don't know where it is. I tend to go places alone. I'm more likely to be found at a sports bar, bookstore,or coffee places. If I can help it, I find some festival. Oddly enough, places for single men or couples(or couples with families).

I don't know what alot of single people between the ages of 28-35 do. Outside of the club, I do not know. That is pretty much the only place I've seen any 30 year-old singe person.

I've never been to Houston, and when I did live in Texas, I was in the DFW area, and not old enough to go to school. I hear Houston is a party town.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
It could be much, much worse! San Jose: all the attractive types are just simply wiped out or taken by guys. They're all married or are in deep relationships. There's not even a crumb left in this city for single guys, period! A lot of women are mean, selfish and stuck up, being very snubby. You'll lose your sanity here. For reliefs for guys in San Jose- head to Sacramento or Portland. It's a huge improvement over San Jose!
If this is true, then maybe San Jose won't be for me. Sacramento is cheaper anyway. I don't know what Portland or Sacramento are like in terms of the dating scene. I only know the cultures in California and Oregon are different than Georgia. How that translates to dating is another matter.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:13 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
This makes me wonder what your definition of "attractive types" is. I know women in SJ who are attractive enough, not snobby, mean, etc., raised in the Bay Area, so they're down to earth and outdoorsy, but they're not able to get anywhere with the guys. There's plenty available for single guys, but the guys seem passive. Or maybe it's like people say on the Bay Area and Seattle forums; the guys lack social skills?

Old 09-06-2016, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This makes me wonder what your definition of "attractive types" is. I know women in SJ who are attractive enough, not snobby, mean, etc., raised in the Bay Area, so they're down to earth and outdoorsy, but they're not able to get anywhere with the guys. There's plenty available for single guys, but the guys seem passive. Or maybe it's like people say on the Bay Area and Seattle forums; the guys lack social skills?
Ah, hang out by Los Gatos Creek trail! Maybe.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Ah, hang out by Los Gatos Creek trail! Maybe.
Interestingly, I like to go to bicycle trails and other places for hiking and cycling. Oddly enough, I rarely see single women there.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That could be another side of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships