U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 09:35 PM

91 posts, read 55,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
LMAO- you obviously don't know many lawyers. But good on you for showing your propensity for feeding into mindless stereotypes about a very big group of people. That's a very attractive quality in a person.
Stereotypes exist for a reason.

Quote:
And you know this because you work in healthcare. Ok then.
I've dealt with enough lawyers (and pre-law) to know the deal.

It's neither here nor there since most new lawyers can't get jobs anyway.

Quote:
Apparently.

Quote:
Newsflash: Quite a few professional women like a guy with a beard.

But, you would know that, being a professional woman and all.
I'm not a professional woman, but I have eyes and ears.

Some may like beards, but they typically like ones that are well-groomed. That poster's beard is not what I would call "well-groomed".
Rate this post positively

Old 09-18-2016, 09:37 PM

9,784 posts, read 4,537,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsman View Post

Not all of Scottsdale is rich and snooty.

In any event, it looks like that poster lives in Ahwatukee (which is in Phoenix).
TL;dr

I know he lives in Phoenix, I've lived there. I have relatives in Scottsdale, it was just a suggestion. For HIM.
No one implied rich and snooty? And it's not the beard...are you any relation to acecutty69...the similarities are uncanny.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:40 PM

46,694 posts, read 45,910,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
TL;dr

I know he lives in Phoenix, I've lived there. I have relatives in Scottsdale, it was just a suggestion. For HIM.
No one implied rich and snooty? And it's not the beard...are you any relation to acecutty69...the similarities are uncanny.
I like Scottsdale, I'd live there in a second if I could afford it. LOL. We went house shopping there several years ago and it was a bit out of our budget, I mean we could have stretched a bit to live there, but I like it. Nice and clean and you don't see gang banger trash rolling around playing that stupid ridiculous rap music. LOL....

Old 09-18-2016, 09:45 PM

511 posts, read 351,473 times
Quote:
TL;dr

South Scottsdale is pretty sleazy and low brow with it's copious amounts of used car dealerships and strip clubs. Ha ha. There's a nice hole-in-the-wall rock club there too that hosts some good acts when they come through town. I'm more of an off-Mill Ave. and occasional downtown Phoenix/RoRo guy. It's all gotten pretty old though, TBH.

Quote:
are you any relation to acecutty69...the similarities are uncanny.
Me or armsman? I'm pretty far above putting "69" in an internet handle. Little more creative than that.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I like Scottsdale, I'd live there in a second if I could afford it. LOL. We went house shopping there several years ago and it was a bit out of our budget, I mean we could have stretched a bit to live there, but I like it. Nice and clean and you don't see gang banger trash rolling around playing that stupid ridiculous rap music. LOL....
But you have a goatee, not a beard?
Hahaha, thanks for snapping me back into sanity. I like Scottsdale too, working on how I can afford to retire somewhere like that

Old 09-18-2016, 09:48 PM

511 posts, read 351,473 times
Quote:
Some may like beards, but they typically like ones that are well-groomed. That poster's beard is not what I would call "well-groomed".
Hmmm... I actually get semi-regular compliments on how well groomed my beard is. Even had some old guy in line at Chipotle say, "I don't normally like beards, but unlike a lot of guys, you maintain it really well."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I rolled around playing rap music quite often when I lived up in Scottsdale. Sorry you missed it.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
Me or armsman? I'm pretty far above putting "69" in an internet handle. Little more creative than that.
Not you! You aren't a stereotyping know-it-all with no facts to support, and are the opposite of fabulism.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
But you have a goatee, not a beard?
Hahaha, thanks for snapping me back into sanity. I like Scottsdale too, working on how I can afford to retire somewhere like that
Yes, the ponytail and goatee. I'd look like the help if I lived there. I like that. I like looking like I don't belong, yet I'm still living there, gives me a certain cockiness about me that I actually like.

I'm the epitome of the saying that you shouldn't judge a book by the cover.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
Hmmm... I actually get semi-regular compliments on how well groomed my beard is. Even had some old guy in line at Chipotle say, "I don't normally like beards, but unlike a lot of guys, you maintain it really well."

I rolled around playing rap music quite often when I lived up in Scottsdale. Sorry you missed it.

Did you have the decency to at least play good rap music??? Most new rap sucks the major......

Old 09-18-2016, 10:00 PM

61,824 posts, read 52,964,005 times
Quote:
That's what it was created to be. Above all, marriage is a social contract (just like all friendships and relationships). The concept of love is a fairly new and, if statistics are any indication, not a particularly effective concept.
I looked up the history of love. Love isn't fairly new. Now, with marriage, it has often been about business and money. Statistically, the no-fault divorce thing is relatively recent. It has only been around since the 70s. That is when divorce really went up. Child support is relatively recent.

Quote:
I could understand if someone tells me not to generalize women, but lawyers? Pffft. Certain types of people tend to go into law. They don't tend to be the ethical, law-abiding types (ironically). I work in health care and I've seen many careers of good health care providers ruined by these dirtbags.

They have, but that isn't why I dislike them. You can trust a lawyer as far as you can throw them.
I have never been around many lawyers at all. Oddly enough, one of them used to be a teacher. Apart from that, I've never dealt with lawyers much.

Quote:
Hood rats are not very difficult to attract overall. And I'm white (though I did grow up in a mostly black school so I can be "ghetto" if needed).
Relative to other types of women, hood rats are easier to attract. I grew up in a mostly White school, ironic. I've seen trash from both groups. But that's neither here nor there. Hood rats/trailer trash,etc aren't that hard to attract, but they come with alot of problems.

Quote:
It's societal-based. They want to increase their social status by having a tall man by their side.

Personally, I do very well with short women. But I have an exceptionally good-looking face (so I'm told). So I think, in some cases, that overcomes my height deficit.
There is also the theory that if they have a tall man, they will have tall children.

It does help to be considered good looking. What is considered good looking can vary by what the woman wants. That is something I don't know.

Quote:
They can be fun for just sex. Personally, I find ghetto girls to be hot on an animalistic level. I would never date one seriously though. Of course, you have to be careful so you don't become Baby Daddy #27.
I like to have intelligent conversations, and sex is not a priority for me. For me, a ghetto/hood rat type won't do it for me. And given the wreckless behavior from hood rats, I would expect that the chances of being Baby Daddy #27 will be high. Where I live, HIV cases have grown quickly.

Quote:
I've never had issues with violence from a woman.
In my adult years, I've never had issues with violence from women. However, I have seen videos and news reports about trashy women being violent.

Quote:
Exactly.
Hood rats aren't very smart. They are very brazen about what they do. Very often, they will admit to their dirt and make excuses for it. She will try stupid stuff to get her way. If an intelligent woman wants to manipulate, it won't be as brazen. It's a matter of knowing when to say "no" and what to say "no" to. It is about setting ground rules about what you will and will not put up with.

Quote:
LOL well I guess I'm weak then. They can be "strong" on their own (and government) dime.
I might be weak, but I'm not stupid. Women who talk like that are often deluded. They don't understand that not many decent men will put up with their crap.

T
Quote:
hey don't care about that. Most only think superficially so they are getting what they want. Look at how many women were throwing themselves at that hot convict guy.
The convict guy was a gang banger, and there were women still fawning over him. I don't know what to say other than I wouldn't those kind of women anyway. They are a waste if they go after a convict because he's "hot".

Quote:
Aggression is a personality trait that exists in many different people. Only short men are adversely labeled for it though.

And, yes, you are absolutely at a disadvantage. For me, it's strictly been in terms of dating. I've had no career issues due to my height and I currently make very good money.
As for why short men are labeled badly for it, I'm trying to figure that out. For me, being short has been a disadvantage for dating. It hasn't kept me from getting a job. Being small has made me a target for bullies when I was a kid.

Quote:
Truth. And when women hear this, they opine "You're a virgin. You just don't get any girls so you're angry and bitter." This, of course, is wrong. One can do well with women and still acknowledge things for what they are.

I consider myself to be more observant than most. If people are upset about that, then so be it.
I'm a virgin by choice. I've been looked at as crazy for that. Doing well does not negate negatives that happen. This is one thing many people do not understand. Being accused of being angry and bitter is just another way of deflecting from the issue.

Quote:
You can't. You will need to compensate for it.
I know how to be smart.

Quote:
Good plan. I'm currently working my day job, hitting the gym hard, starting a business, and going out and meeting women. All can be done with good time management.
I'm keeping myself in shape, working on my own stuff. I can learn to manage time. I just need to know where 30 year old women normally hang out. I'm not much of a clubbing type of person.

Quote:
Probably should move out of your parent's house, but you already know that.
Just trying to get around the rising rents.

Quote:
Yeah, it's best to not get involved with that at all.
I've seen just enough not to want to get involved with stuff like that.

Quote:
Yes, bad boys do way better with women. I completely revamped my personality to fit the "bad boy" mold when I got into college....and I did way better than my "nice guy" high school self.

I've found that you need to be a mix of both as you get older. For a while, I kept my "bad boy" persona, but then women over 25 didn't want to date me because they thought I was too much of an a-hole. So I try to be more on the nice side now (with a little a-hole thrown in).
I never had a bad boy persona. I never liked it. I liked being who I was. I figure, "find a woman who will like my personality". It wasn't me.

Quote:
Unfortunately, as men (and especially as short men), nothing will be handed to us. We need to make things happen. If you want it, you will have to go out and get it.
We have to work even harder than others. We have to compensate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.