Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 09:10 AM

776 posts, read 580,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Trust me the West is no singles mecca. Sure most everyone I know is single. But they are perpetually single. People are very independent and also very BUSY out here so dating/relationships are only among the college age. Its hard to explain but relationships don't flourish out here maybe its the depression from living at high altitude who knows? Though another thing comes to mind is people in West are very materialistic and judge potential dates by do they make over $50,000 and what is their BMI. If there's so many single men out here then why do I know so many single women that haven't dated in the 10 years I've known them? And no they aren't all lesbians either. Most of the single men are college age or else migrant workers with a wife still on the other side of the border. I tell anyone wanting to move here to bring a GF/BF with them because you won't get one here. I've known so many friends who have been single then they move far away and suddenly they have luck in finding a nice partner. The Easterners have relationships; while the Westerners are lonely and single.

If you are in the East stay there if you ever want to get married and have a family. Actually the local Goodwill employee told me people are moving out in droves from this town (hard times here - all the big businesses are closing down.) So hold on Easterners ...stay put... we're coming east and most of us are single! lol Yep I'm leaving this God forsaken town in 3 weeks too!
In the town I went to school, we were famous for teen pregnancy. Even beating out our state rivals, Chicago, many years. Everyone joked that it was 'something in the water'. This makes perfect sense now because the west is running dry.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:18 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Of course that's their choice. If you don't want to do online dating then don't. I was just saying just because a "hot" man or woman gets 300 messages in a week and an average man or woman only gets 3, that's still 3 more than you would have gotten not being online. I don't know about you but offline I never get hit on three times a week. Maybe three times a month, but not a week.
This might come off as mean but it isn't. I honestly don't feel bad for any woman who says she doesn't get hit on a lot. The dating world for any woman is them playing it on easy mode. As a man, I probably get hit on once every year. Excuse me if I don't feel bad for you all.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:28 AM

511 posts, read 402,005 times
Quote:
Of course that's their choice. If you don't want to do online dating then don't. I was just saying just because a "hot" man or woman gets 300 messages in a week and an average man or woman only gets 3, that's still 3 more than you would have gotten not being online. I don't know about you but offline I never get hit on three times a week. Maybe three times a month, but not a week.
When I did it, I got zero. Consistently zero. Was not a value added proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Ersfan27
This might come off as mean but it isn't. I honestly don't feel bad for any woman who says she doesn't get hit on a lot. The dating world for any woman is them playing it on easy mode. As a man, I probably get hit on once every year. Excuse me if I don't feel bad for you all.
Same here. Once a year, tops. I'd feel like a veritable god if I got hit on three times a month. As they say on the Internet: "Check your privilege." LOL.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:33 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,479,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
No worries, I don't think you are being mean. And I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me. I'm happy with my life. And nothing is wrong with being hit on just a few times a month. When it's a nice sincere man, it's like a compliment! I'm certainly not complaining about it.

I just wanted to show that online, even with few "hits" for Joe or Jane average still means more "hits" than without it. I see it as a bit odd that just because the numbers might not be as high for an average person as a great looking one that it's any reason to scoff at the numbers. Meeting more people when dating was good in my book whether that number was 100 more or just one more.

To me it's like passing up on a free one dollar bill just because someone else got a $100 bill. Who cares! You have one more dollar than you had before. That's all I'm saying.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:39 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
No worries, I don't think you are being mean. And I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me. I'm happy with my life. And nothing is wrong with being hit on just a few times a month. When it's a nice sincere man, it's like a compliment! I'm certainly not complaining about it.

I just wanted to show that online, even with few "hits" for Joe or Jane average still means more "hits" than without it. I see it as a bit odd that just because the numbers might not be as high for an average person as a great looking one that it's any reason to scoff at the numbers. Meeting more people when dating was good in my book whether that number was 100 more or just one more.

To me it's like passing up on a free one dollar bill just because someone else got a $100 bill. Who cares! You have one more dollar than you had before. That's all I'm saying.
Couldn't agree more! And if one already knew they were average, it's not a big let down to keep getting messages from some guy who looks like Gary Busey. (I'm finding him more funny w/each message) 😺

Old 09-21-2016, 10:38 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I ran into this woman at a club in Vegas about a year ago and this discussion came up because we were talking about being single at our age. I said I would never settle for someone with kids (in so many words) and she got really mad and offended by it.

I think she had a couple of drinks in her and I thought she was ready to start swinging at me. She said at my age I don't have a choice and that's when I said I guarantee you that I do. That's when I told her I was getting serious with a woman from another country that was a good bit younger than me that had no kids. That really sent her over the edge let me tell you... I had to get out of there before it escalated. I'll never forget it. It was inside The Golden Tiki not far from Treasure Island.
Very often, those who don't have their act together often know it. They just want someone to put up with their antics. When someone makes them take responsibility for what they do, it makes them angry.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:50 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
This six-year-old thread was resurrected recently and should have remain buried. It's rife with off-topic posts and is too lengthy to clean up. It is now closed. Sorry, folks.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships