Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:56 PM

186 posts, read 218,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnyj View Post
Does anyone notice the shortage in the number of available men in the eastern cities & the surplus of available men in the western cities?
I wonder what could be the cause for this?
YES AND I AM MOVING. Here are the causes:

Fashion industry
Theatre/Dance
Media industry
Publishing industry

More women are drawn to these fields, and they're located on east coast

Tech industry

Mostly male, located on the west

Also, the general historic trend (for largely psychological reasons) of men to rural areas and women to urban ones. I.e. "Go West, young man"

Old 06-28-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
If all the single ladies read this and head out west, and all the single guys move east, this trend is going to be completely reversed in ten years or so

I'm guessing I'll just find a PLACE I like. Yeah, that should be easy

haha I thought that too. By then however, it'll be too late for many of us women on the east coast!!! We'd better get moving now. *I* am actually moving to a county in the midwest that has 105 single men to 100 single women, according to the census. That's comparable to the ratio in Alaska!! I am basically moving to Alaska. If I can't find a decent man there, *then* I willl really be heartbroken and just finally give up.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I'm moving east.

There was an article about this a while back. But it showed that when you narrow the age range, things even out. For example, If I restrict to singles in their 30s, both west and east coast come out the same. But you will see a lot of men in tech-heavy California. They call San Jose Man Jose. But they also have another saying there. The odds are good, but the goods are odd.
There's a *plethora* of articles on this. It doesn't actually even out, and sexual orientation was never factored into those numbers (more gay men than gay women). Richard Florida's research does divide by age range and finds about 200,000 extra single women in NYC alone. Also, here there is the fashion and theatre industry to contend with for women. The east coast cities esp. NY draws the best and brightest so there are egos and models to contend with.

You'll have a great time here as a guy! I, however can't take it anymore and am leaving for the midwest where there are 105 single men for every 100 single women.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
When it comes to finding a good, single man in this area, your odds are just like the odds of winning the "Power Ball Lottery" because there is a huge gap in the male to female ratio. Men in the eastern cities seem to take advantage of this male shortage because 90 percent of my friends from this area admitted to being cheated on by their spouses.
Yes it's terrible here. Are you sure about this? I wonder if maybe they're not the best guys? Is there a way to know what guys won't cheat if given the chance?

Old 06-28-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Take me with you???
I say we build a Women Leaving New York and Heading West For Men group. I'm stopping at Illinois though.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
Sorry, but yes it is true. Women do not have any intrest in men what so ever,
WHAT?

God it's like the Did Feminism Ruin the Relationship Between Men and Women thread all over again.

What evidence do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
if they did they would approach men as often as men approach women. But they don't, infact a woman approaching a man has never happened through the course of history and it never will. Men chase and women get chased, because men want women and women do not want men.
what is your evidence for this? I've never ever heard anyone say that. Everyone knows that women *want* to be chased because they *like* it! It's romantic. Not because we "don't* like men, but because we do! Well, *some* men at least! We don't want any guy to chase us!

Old 06-28-2010, 07:17 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnyj View Post
Does anyone notice the shortage in the number of available men in the eastern cities & the surplus of available men in the western cities?
I wonder what could be the cause for this?
Well if they all look like Sarah Jessica Parker I can understand all the males heading west, heck even to San Fran!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,380 times
I guess I need to move out west.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I guess I need to move out west.
You can go with my friend and I! We can split the gas, July 30th.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susangggg View Post
You can go with my friend and I! We can split the gas, July 30th.
Just go to Cleveland! Hang out w Betty White!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships