Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 10:13 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsman View Post
I lived in Italy. I didn't find the dating culture to be a whole lot different from the US. There are countries that are like a different universe. Italy is not one of them.

I wager it's much different. You just didn't see it or didn't have the time to capitalize on it. A low divorce rate in a culture with values changes a lot of things.

Now a country like the Philippines takes it to the whole other extreme they literally have no divorce and some women are stuck in a marriage where they are being abused and beaten. Possibly willingly just so they can survive and put food in their mouth.

When you know about things like this after talking to these women you really start to lose respect for whiny people in the US. Filipina? Accepting being beaten just so she can survive. American woman? Whining they can't find a guy that makes 6 figures. Truly, truly pathetic.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:58 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Ah, I get it. You want to be worshipped simply because you have a penis. Have you done anything else worthy of royal treatment other than being born with genitals on the outside of your body?

Newsflash for you- there are men here in the US who do get treated like kings by their women. The difference between you and them is that they don't have the expectation that they will get this treatment simply on the basis of their "outie". They have earned the respect and admiration that they get. I know, novel concept.
I jokingly told my husband that he should be treated like a king. He laughed and said he doesn't want to be treated like a king.

Not his thing. He knows I adore him. But he's no king, and I'm no queen.

Then he said, laughingly, "How 'bout you treat me like an emperor?"

Old 09-20-2016, 12:43 AM

91 posts, read 63,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You haven't been to Scandinavia. They're way ahead of the US. My guess is you wouldn't like it.
Oh, I know ALL about Scandinavia. Personally, I wouldn't touch the place with a 50 foot pole....for many reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Ah, I get it. You want to be worshipped simply because you have a penis. Have you done anything else worthy of royal treatment other than being born with genitals on the outside of your body?
I'd prefer to live in that universe than the current one, where I'm expected to worship women. This is a slight exaggeration, but only slight.

Would I enjoy being in a situation where I don't have to break my ass to attract women and feel valued by them? Hell yeah.

Have women as a whole done anything besides exist to earn the right to treat men the way they do? NOPE.

Quote:
Newsflash for you- there are men here in the US who do get treated like kings by their women. The difference between you and them is that they don't have the expectation that they will get this treatment simply on the basis of their "outie". They have earned the respect and admiration that they get. I know, novel concept.
Yeah, just like that poster who knows a 5 foot tall elementary school dropout that married a woman with an advanced degree in a high paying field. Exceptions do happen, but the vast majority of women are not treating their husbands like kings. At best, they're equals. At worst, she's the boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
The sad sack, woe is me, it's all so unfair vibe I'm picking up.

It's called adapting. It's not always easy and it takes a bit a effort. Not like the special snowflake, here's happiness on a silver platter that millennials have been spoon fed.
Who isn't adapting? In fact, I'd say that my long-term plans are for more adaptive and forward-thinking than that of most people.

You may not agree with them, but that doesn't mean it won't work.

Quote:
Parents around my neighborhood have a "My kid is a Fantastic Kid" bumper sticker on their cars. The funny thing is, every kid gets a Fantastic Kid certificate. Johnny got his because he helped clean up. Susie got hers because she was nice in class today. Hector got his because he didn't punch anyone.

High School? Same thing. State Track and Field competition. When I was in high school they gave medals to the top 3. Now, it's the top 7. "oh yeah, I medaled at State, I got sixth place." Can you believe how entitled this makes our youth.

And now. "omg, why don't I have a girlfriend. I deserve one, where is she. Why is it so hard to find one. You mean I actually have to try? I actually might have to put some effort into having the life I want? Where's my Fantastic Boyfriend certificate? I earned it."
I grew up being fed the BS about feminism. Well, if men and women are equals, then why is dating so much more work for me? What's that about?

I had to break my ass in school and work. Women do too. But then I also have to break my ass to chase them all over the place. If I don't chase and put myself out there (which I hate doing), then I don't get the girl.

Meanwhile, women can just sit back and go online. They can have quality boyfriends whenever they want and we're left competing. That's how dating is, my friend. You may not see it, but that's how it is.

Call us entitled if you want, but I, for one, put in a ton of work over the years and, quite frankly, I'm tired of doing it.

But I want a family so I will continue to do it. I will act friendly and charming in person (as I've been doing), while coming home and venting on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I wager it's much different. You just didn't see it or didn't have the time to capitalize on it. A low divorce rate in a culture with values changes a lot of things.
How's the marriage rate there? A low divorce rate may result from less people getting married in general.

I did meet women there and, while I found them to be nicer and more respectful than women in the US, they weren't THAT much better. And I was there before social media really blew up. So it's probably even worse now.

Quote:
Now a country like the Philippines takes it to the whole other extreme they literally have no divorce and some women are stuck in a marriage where they are being abused and beaten. Possibly willingly just so they can survive and put food in their mouth.
Yup. So just imagine how much they would appreciate the average, non-wife-beating, introverted guy from the US. And their culture basically teaches them to not get divorced.

Of course, if you go to the Philippines, you will need to deal with everything that comes with that (which is out of the scope of this discussion).

Quote:
When you know about things like this after talking to these women you really start to lose respect for whiny people in the US. Filipina? Accepting being beaten just so she can survive. American woman? Whining they can't find a guy that makes 6 figures. Truly, truly pathetic.
I wouldn't say that I lose respect for American women because of this. But, after traveling A LOT, I realized how coddled Americans are.

And, yes, dealing with these women are absolutely more pleasant. As I get older, I'm getting to the point where I don't even care if it's about the money. I just don't want to deal with the massive BS that comes with dating a massively entitled population.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:21 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Who cares if it is 51/49, or 55/45... you're looking for one person. Minimal differences in ratio are relatively meaningless compared to other factors. If you're someone no one wants to date for a myriad of reasons (palpable anger, for instance), it can be 70/30 and you'll still be alone.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:59 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:

I'd prefer to live in that universe than the current one, where I'm expected to worship women. This is a slight exaggeration, but only slight.

Would I enjoy being in a situation where I don't have to break my ass to attract women and feel valued by them? Hell yeah.

Have women as a whole done anything besides exist to earn the right to treat men the way they do? NOPE.
Gosh, with your talk about women as a whole like you know all of them or something.

Quote:
Yeah, just like that poster who knows a 5 foot tall elementary school dropout that married a woman with an advanced degree in a high paying field. Exceptions do happen, but the vast majority of women are not treating their husbands like kings. At best, they're equals. At worst, she's the boss.
If you want to be the leader of your relationship, and be treated like a king, find someone who feels the same way. Then actually do something (other than have a penis), to inspire them to follow your lead.

Since you apparently want to be the boss of your relationship, find someone to take the submissive role. Easy peasy.

Oh wait, you believe that going to (I presume) somewhere in Asia will get you these women falling at your feet and following your lead because you have a penis. That is so cliche, it really does hurt. Good luck with it though.

Quote:
I grew up being fed the BS about feminism. Well, if men and women are equals, then why is dating so much more work for me? What's that about?

I had to break my ass in school and work. Women do too. But then I also have to break my ass to chase them all over the place. If I don't chase and put myself out there (which I hate doing), then I don't get the girl.

Meanwhile, women can just sit back and go online. They can have quality boyfriends whenever they want and we're left competing. That's how dating is, my friend. You may not see it, but that's how it is.
Oh for heaven's sake.

Do you honestly think that those women who will treat you like a king, will also fall over themselves chasing you?

You truly are delusional.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:46 AM

594 posts, read 379,863 times
Armsman, I don't know if you do online dating, but there are many, many single women out there looking for a relationship. And these women have a diverse array of belief systems and philosophies, so you have your pick. If it's a woman you want, then go to where they are; online dating. I could literally have a different woman lined up every night if I wanted, so I'm not really privy to these big issues you're having.

I think you're painting a rather bleak picture simply based off your experiences thus far, but the picture is not as bleak as you think. And, perhaps you should focus on the 30s and up age range as they may be a little more grounded and ready to settle down a bit.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Armsman, I don't know if you do online dating, but there are many, many single women out there looking for a relationship. And these women have a diverse array of belief systems and philosophies, so you have your pick. If it's a woman you want, then go to where they are; online dating. I could literally have a different woman lined up every night if I wanted, so I'm not really privy to these big issues you're having.

I think you're painting a rather bleak picture simply based off your experiences thus far, but the picture is not as bleak as you think. And, perhaps you should focus on the 30s and up age range as they may be a little more grounded and ready to settle down a bit.
I know you're trying to be positive and it is worth a shot for him...but It's hard for this to mean anything unless we know where you live, what your age is, what your standards are, what you look like, your height, etc. If I filter out women with kids that single handedly reduces my pool greatly. OLD has been horrible for me for quite some time I don't even use it to talk to women that actually live near me anymore.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:41 AM

594 posts, read 379,863 times
Quote:
I know you're trying to be positive and it is worth a shot for him...but It's hard for this to mean anything unless we know where you live, what your age is, what your standards are, what you look like, your height, etc. If I filter out women with kids that single handedly reduces my pool greatly. OLD has been horrible for me for quite some time I don't even use it to talk to women that actually live near me anymore.
I'm not really sure any of that matters. I just think there's an abundance of single women in their 30s looking for a partner. Women of all shapes and sizes. Btw, I don't date women with kids either.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I'm not really sure any of that matters. I just think there's an abundance of single women in their 30s looking for a partner. Women of all shapes and sizes. Btw, I don't date women with kids either.
It all matters. A 30 year old making the statement I don't date women with kids isn't the same as a 40 year old making that statement. Why? Because the 30 year old will have a much larger pool to choose from. From that point you would have to analyze every area in the country and the data will be different in every single one of them. For both the 30 year old, and the 40 year old of course. Then after that would have to factor in the age ranges that they are open to dating.

Why why oh why do people still refuse to admit it's a numbers and stats game that you either make work for you, or let it work against you. That's all it's ever been, and all it ever will be.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 09-20-2016 at 10:54 AM..

Old 09-20-2016, 10:47 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
It all matters. A 30 year old making the statement I don't date women with kids isn't the same as a 40 year old making that statement. Why? Because the 30 year old will have a much larger pool to choose from.
The dating pool might be larger at age 30, but it isn't that large in general from age 30 onward. I've also noticed this. Some women will chastise men for not wanting to date women with children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships