Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 10:54 AM

594 posts, read 379,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It all matters. A 30 year old making the statement I don't date women with kids isn't the same as a 40 year old making that statement. Why? Because the 30 year old will have a much larger pool to choose from. From that point you would have to analyze each city and metro in the country and the 30 year old, and 40 year old would have different experiences across the board.

Why why oh why do people still refuse to admit it's a numbers and stats game that you either make work for you, or let it work against you. That's all it's ever been, and all it ever will be.
Well, I'm 45. All I date are women in their 30s. There are a lot of single women in their 30s so I'm not sure why you're aren't finding some of them to date.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:56 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The dating pool might be larger at age 30, but it isn't that large in general from age 30 onward. I've also noticed this. Some women will chastise men for not wanting to date women with children.
It's the same for women who don't want to date guys with kids.

With any filter like this, of course the dating pool will be smaller, and there will be a certain percentage of people who "don't get it".

Old 09-20-2016, 10:57 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Well, I'm 45. All I date are women in their 30s. There are a lot of single women in their 30s so I'm not sure why you're aren't finding some of them to date.
You clearly don't get it or have ready any of the thread. That's ok though. Actually, there isn't a lot of single women without kids in their 30's in many parts of the country. Backup your data with your demographic before I even start to take you serious. Many of the ones that don't are white upper class or upper middle class professional women that have a high income requirement for their mate. Like I said ...read the thread maybe you'll get up to speed, either way I don't really care. I gotta get back to my spreadsheets unfortunately it's been fun though.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:03 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
You clearly don't get it or have ready any of the thread. That's ok though. Actually, there isn't a lot of single women without kids in their 30's in many parts of the country. Many of the ones that don't are white upper class or upper middle class professional women that have a high income requirement for their mate. Like I said ...read the thread maybe you'll get up to speed, either way I don't really care. I gotta get back to my spreadsheets unfortunately it's been fun though.
Yeah, you know, I don't recall ever running into this income requirement thing. Most women I date make more than I do. They're self sufficient, as am I. I'm sure it happens, but not a ton I don't think.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:08 AM

I just want to be happy like Brad and Angelina.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:12 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
This might be insensitive of me, but I don't get it either. I'm a woman living in a part of the country where it's supposed to be hard for me to date (a glut of women and fewer single men) and I found someone (and went on a lot of dates). All of the men I dated found dates too with online dating. We usually ended up talking about it on first dates. And I'm just an average woman (lookswise, interests, life, etc). The men I dated were pretty much average people too. No Adonis' or millionaires.

I wonder if there is some factor other than extremely bad luck that holds some people back. Maybe their pictures are unflattering, or their profile isn't well done, maybe they aim out of their league (looks or socioeconomic wise or maybe they pick those with little in common). Maybe they do something that shoots themselves in the proverbial foot. I mean there is always just plain old bad luck... that happens. But it seems like it happens to a disproportionate number of folks here.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
This might be insensitive of me, but I don't get it either. I'm a woman living in a part of the country where it's supposed to be hard for me to date (a glut of women and fewer single men) and I found someone (and went on a lot of dates). All of the men I dated found dates too with online dating. We usually ended up talking about it on first dates. And I'm just an average woman (lookswise, interests, life, etc). The men I dated were pretty much average people too. No Adonis' or millionaires.

I wonder if there is some factor other than extremely bad luck that holds some people back. Maybe their pictures are unflattering, or their profile isn't well done, maybe they aim out of their league (looks or socioeconomic wise or maybe they pick those with little in common). Maybe they do something that shoots themselves in the proverbial foot. I mean there is always just plain old bad luck... that happens. But it seems like it happens to a disproportionate number of folks here.
I think because the posters here aren't a snapshot of society. They find their way to this forum because of frustrations, so they're not representative.

Most dudes I know on OLD have no problem getting dates, they're average looking, average height, with average jobs.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I think because the posters here aren't a snapshot of society. They find their way to this forum because of frustrations, so they're not representative.

Most dudes I know on OLD have no problem getting dates, they're average looking, average height, with average jobs.
I think this is pretty much it right here^^^

I think it may be a defeatist attitude that is holding some of these fellas back.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:26 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post

Never talked to or went out on a date with a guy who expressed: "Oh finally! Someone will go out with me! I haven't found anyone compatible in months."
I like to get to know someone by asking about their previous encounters or dates, or whatever experience they have with OLD, I don't get the replies found here about: "waht dates? No one has ever replied til now".
Yes it does feel insensitive to say that, but there must be something else going on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Same here. I'm talking just average, but attractive to me. I don't put an income requirement. I find out by talking to them if they have a job and a place to live...transportation...maybe some guys here have extensive filters? I know if I refer to them as being "unlucky in dating" I get oversensitive comebacks, so maybe its just that. Hard to have a conversation with.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The dating pool might be larger at age 30, but it isn't that large in general from age 30 onward. I've also noticed this. Some women will chastise men for not wanting to date women with children.
Well, aside from dating there are other options as well. Have you tried Tinder? It was a revelation for me. I met a 34 year old on it last night. I'm going over to her house in an hour to have lunch and sex. Hopefully she's not a guy. It's almost so easy that I'm having a hard time relating to the guys on this thread who can't at least get a date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships