Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 07:20 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,812,748 times

Advertisements

Are all women really THAT controlling and demanding? I dont understand. I am only 26 but my older married friends/co-workers make marriage sound horrible. I heard a married guy at work say, "when you get married, you will understand that the woman is in control",or " you better let the woman have the last word/have her way". Im sorry but i cant stand to be controlled...but i have heard similar statements from so many married men, i can see why women complain that they have to force their man to marry them and that men dont wanna get married, they just do that because it is what the woman wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 07:23 PM

264 posts, read 819,495 times
my soon-to-be ex husband def. does not subscribe to this philosophy, (perhaps that is why things didn't work out?), but many of the happily married couples I know do, at least to some extent.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:25 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
why do most married men say that the wife rules them/that she is always right?

Because they're smart???

Old 08-09-2009, 07:26 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,700,776 times
There's a saying..."Happy wife...Happy life"...For most, if the woman is in a negative mood, it translates to no sex and them not doing their household responsibilities if they have any...Other possibilities could including bashing you to your and/or her friends and fighting in public...You might also have to waste hours of your days calling/emailing/texting them arguing the same points...

Old 08-09-2009, 07:28 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Lemme guess.

You've never married, have you?

Happy wife=happy home.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:28 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times
Yeah, guys with no backbone that are happy to whine that their wives "control" them really aren't my kinda blokes.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:29 PM

45,356 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Because if you don't at least pretend she's in charge you get cut off. For a looooong time.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:31 PM

69 posts, read 275,009 times
dang, i wish my man would say that

Old 08-09-2009, 07:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
they are unhappy. most marriages are not happy ones. the guy is legally no longer in the drivers seat. your money and somebody elses spending is never a good arrangement. women no longer look for marriage material they look for divorce material, and that turkey is getting scarce.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:34 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by introspective1 View Post
Are all women really THAT controlling and demanding? I dont understand. I am only 26 but my older married friends/co-workers make marriage sound horrible. I heard a married guy at work say, "when you get married, you will understand that the woman is in control",or " you better let the woman have the last word/have her way". Im sorry but i cant stand to be controlled...but i have heard similar statements from so many married men, i can see why women complain that they have to force their man to marry them and that men dont wanna get married, they just do that because it is what the woman wants.
I've been married to the same beautiful woman for almost 26 years. Over the years we have done "battle royales" over every issue from sex to lawn-care to child discipline to schedules.

I am in charge of a lot of things, and my wife is in charge of a lot of other things. But we've had to figure out which of us is better at being in charge of what things. For instance, it has been years since I've so much as even consulted with my wife prior to buying a vehicle - and that includes a new motorcycle. On the other hand, she buys my clothes without even asking my opinion - and you can probably figure out why.

Would I want to not be married? Absolutely not! Am I in some sort of "prison" where I just have to obey the warden? Absolutely not! My life is better, richer and fuller in every way because I am married.

Do NOT let the nay-sayers get you down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships