Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:10 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,436,532 times

Advertisements

Greetings everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to you and to let you know that I will be co-moderating here in the Relationships forum, with Keeper and Mrstewart, in addition to my duties in the New York City, and Westchester County forums. City-Data’s forums are great for the free-flow of ideas, assistance, and answers that we all seek and can offer assistance to one another about just about every facet of one’s life. Having been a member of this virtual community for a while, and having posted in this area previously, I have had the pleasure of “meeting” some of you in this forum. For those whom I have not had a chance to get to “know” through your contributions, I look forward to doing so.

However, I would like to say that from my perspective, my role has not changed, since I am here to contribute, and to help manage contributions, that are highly valued from everyone here. This is the best way to keep this forum as dynamic, fun, and resourceful for all of our members, subject to the Terms of Service, which serve as a means to keeping the forums a great place for all of us.

As a newly-minted moderator, I am still learning the intricacies of the forum, its players, and how everything relates together in the myriad of forums that comprise City-Data. To that end, I have been doing much behind the scenes to familiarize myself with the basics, but coming out into the forums, there may be some growing pains as we get used to each other.

I would like to add that I do not look at my position as being one of a power; rather, I am here to help make sure that the forum achieves its goal as a resource and a place that’s fun for all of us. Inherent in that is the authority to carry out the job duties of a moderator, to protect the forum as a place for everyone who is here on City-Data. Furthermore, I bring no preconceived notion of anyone here to my new role, save for the fact that I think that this forum has a great bunch of people; and, I am not one who acts indiscriminately. So, if there comes a time when something that I have done, be it an edit, deletion, or whatever in my role as moderator, for which the reason is not immediately apparent, please send me a DM and I will clarify my side of the issue.

Sometimes, like everyone these days, I am in a hurry to get things done and can check in on the forum between whatever else is happening, and I may not have time to send you a DM about an issue that might be unclear in the notes left for an edit or deletion, especially in a situation where there was an immediate need to take action. It does not mean that I am not open to a DM to discuss the issue, since I am not here to be a thread killer, or to remove all merriment from this forum.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I am very happy to be here and to help manage the forums for you.

Keep posting!

--bmwguydc

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-10-2009, 07:13 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,708,676 times
Welcome

Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,463,624 times
Welcome, and FYI, I did post a snippet of the article, - not the whole article quoted. The whole article runs 2 pages. [No copyright violation]. But not too worry.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:44 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,416,106 times
Well, that's just horrible.. Another moderator to monitor my every word and thought.. It's almost like Big Brother is watching over me more than ever now days.. I swear, will this ever come to an end?

Ok, sorry.. I couldn't resist.

Seriously, glad to have ya.. You guys do such a great job here, and often times get so little respect for it. Even if it's not always said, we appreciate ya..

..especially when we get to rag on ya a little.. For some reason, that seldom seems to happen that often.

Welcome!

Old 08-10-2009, 10:46 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,302,314 times
Hello new moderator! Good luck in your new role

Old 08-10-2009, 10:47 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times
welcome and thank you for your hard work in advance.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:07 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,660,477 times
Another one?

I am already paying off way too many of you!

Juuuust kidding about that. Not paying anyone. The cost is too high. I already checked!

Congrats on being able to now have the power to slap my hand and ban me.

(wipes shyt off nose)

Old 08-10-2009, 11:07 PM

2,031 posts, read 5,041,781 times
Welcome, to the jungle..

Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,779,794 times
New Yawk in the house! Good to see ya' and welcome!

Old 08-11-2009, 05:56 AM

911 posts, read 2,377,594 times
enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships