Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:49 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
A Jewish woman with a Lebanese man? Wow! I'd love to be a fly on the wall watching that first date! But ya never know! Could be the beginning of peace in the Middle East!!
hehe. That is exactly what I was thinking. I was all like, uh no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 11:53 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

3. Get a hobby. Do something that will allow you to get out and meet other people. Take up martial arts, yoga, join a hiking club, something that will give you the opportunity to meet new people and do new things.
Agreed.

As long as one doesn't go in with the mindset of meeting someone for dating purposes. A lot of people in those clubs or groups are there to enjoy the activity(s) with other like-minded individuals. If you meet someone that is interested in you great but don't let that be the main motivator b/c you could end up being disappointed.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:53 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
hah thanks guys. i just didnt understand why guys that are uninterested, act interested and like they are all about you. what i usually do is just say when i want to leave that it was great meeting them and then leave. this guy really just gave the "when can i see you again" thing, so i thought he was into me.

i really havent given this guy any thought aside from wondering what happened. believe me, i have been thinking about more things like cupcakes and days of our lives.
women do the same things to guys
act like they are into you and then you never hear from again

the heck with him and wait for the next one

Old 08-11-2009, 11:55 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
A Jewish woman with a Lebanese man? Wow! I'd love to be a fly on the wall watching that first date! But ya never know! Could be the beginning of peace in the Middle East!!
I have some good friends where the woman is Jewish and her husband is Lebanese and they are expecting a baby any day now. Been married for about 5 years.

Thing is, you never know what you like until try it. People are so hung up on certain things that it really does limit and shrinks the universe for them.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:58 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,312 times
by the way naomi
I would definitely ask you on a second date

Old 08-11-2009, 12:00 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
I have some good friends where the woman is Jewish and her husband is Lebanese and they are expecting a baby any day now. Been married for about 5 years.

Thing is, you never know what you like until try it. People are so hung up on certain things that it really does limit and shrinks the universe for them.
I absolutely agree with you! Hence the "ya never know!"

Old 08-11-2009, 12:14 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,236 times
Quote:
Im sure you do, but I think Capt. Dan is on to something here.

You look an awful lot like the girl from "Mythbusters" tv show. With that being said, we can all agree that most guys will find you physically attractive, which also means, that you have no problem attracting and getting attention from guys so I am thinking that the problem could be with you. You come across here as being a bit of a drama queen and feed off of the attention you get. I think a little introspection is in order.

There will be none of this "Oh, I dont want to lower my standards...." b.s. that a lot of people talk about because you wont know enough about someone in just 3 hours (or evern 2-3 dates) to determine if they meet your standards or not.

Some things you should do:

1. Move out of your parents home. You said you still live with your parents in where Chatsworth? Granada Hills? Spread your wings and move to Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Westside where you'll be on your own or with a roomie.

2. Stop just looking for Jewish guys. You dont seem to be practicing or all that active yourself. So open up a bit to others. You live in the north valley but go all the way to Jewish center in LA when there are plenty here close to you? Something is not adding up here. LA is one of the most diverse places in the world. Why shrink your universe by limiting your experiences with ONLY someone from a certain group of people? You may meet a really nice Lebanese or Irish guy that you get along great with and have lots in common, so open up.

3. Get a hobby. Do something that will allow you to get out and meet other people. Take up martial arts, yoga, join a hiking club, something that will give you the opportunity to meet new people and do new things.

I think lot of people here are giving you attention because you're pretty and everyone loves a pretty girl. If you looked like Shirley from "Whats Happening" Im 100% sure that miu (and others) would not even bother. Im just being honest and trying to help you because you seem to really need it and you seem to really want it.
1. moving-right now i am saving money by living with my parents because i dont plan on leaving the area until june. i think it would be foolish now to move out, spend money, and then move out less than a year later. in september-june of next year, i am working on call because i start an unpaid internship.
also even if i were to move, i dont like the areas you listed at all. if i were to stay in la, i could only see myself in certain parts of echo park and the fairfax area, but i want out period.
2. jewish guys- look i am not in the stage of my life anymore where i will just date someone for the intention of having fun. i am looking for something serious that could lead to marriage. i dont want to compromise my religious beliefs should it come to marriage, and i dont think whoever i am seeing should have to as well.
3. i have hobbies. i hike, travel, go out to restaurants, go to amusement parks, read, and write.

i have no idea who this person is on mythbusters. i post on the relationship forum because i would like feedback on things and to share my experiences. if that is a drama queen, so be it. this is stuff i talk about with friends, but it is always interesting to hear the perspective of people who dont know me.

Last edited by Naomi Manischewitz; 08-11-2009 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: i have no logic

Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Agreed.

As long as one doesn't go in with the mindset of meeting someone for dating purposes. A lot of people in those clubs or groups are there to enjoy the activity(s) with other like-minded individuals. If you meet someone that is interested in you great but don't let that be the main motivator b/c you could end up being disappointed.
i do that. i played coed softball (gave up because i hated it), i am in the sierra club, i go to events at my temple.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:28 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,837,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
by the way naomi
I would definitely ask you on a second date
If we went out once I think I might be able to look over some of her shortcomings.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
If we went out once I think I might be able to look over some of her shortcomings.
and i would be able to see yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships