Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
And the math won't be any better in Austin, Texas.

I liked the idea of marriage better when the responsibility for finding a match fell on the parents.
Lol Fish in a Barrel, eh?

Linked Image

Last edited by bmwguydc; 08-11-2009 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Please post links to images unless the content is your own. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 01:32 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
im planning on relocating there. i dont move somewhere with the intention of meeting a man. i dont plan my life around the idea of finding a man.
But what if you found a terrific man to date and he is happy living in LA? What then?

Old 08-11-2009, 01:35 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think lot of people here are giving you attention because you're pretty and everyone loves a pretty girl. If you looked like Shirley from "Whats Happening" Im 100% sure that miu (and others) would not even bother. Im just being honest and trying to help you because you seem to really need it and you seem to really want it.
Well then, you'd be 100% wrong about me. I don't care what she looks like, and my advice to her wouldn't change. I give tons of advice to people here where I have no idea what they look like. And if you go through my advice posts, my most common question to the O.P. is asking how old they are.

Looks are relative and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:39 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But what if you found a terrific man to date and he is happy living in LA? What then?
i am out like sauerkraut. the only guarantees in life are taxes and death.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:47 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
You haven't given this guy any thought.......except to post about him on this forum.

Gotcha.
Great minds. . .

Old 08-11-2009, 05:36 PM
miu

Quote:
I really thought he was into me, but I guess I can not read men at all!
I think that he did like you, but that he could tell that YOU weren't into him.

I think that when he told you that he was half jewish and half christian, you must have had a disappointed look on your face. And that when he told you about his dad, you looked horrified. If you want to see him again, it's on you to make the next move, even a small one.

You said that you were impressed when he pulled out your chair for you. He's a gentleman and gentleman aren't pushy, they don't go where they aren't wanted.

He contacted you every day up until your coffee date and then stopped. That's because in meeting him face to face, your relationship moved to the next level. It's really up to you if you want to see him again.

Otherwise, since you weren't really into him, you should instead be relieved that he's not being too friendly at this point. If he were, then you'd be posting that he's bothering you and you don't know how to let him down nicely.

You are bothered because by not contacting you afterwards, he's rejected you before you could eventually reject him.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I think that he did like you, but that he could tell that YOU weren't into him.

I think that when he told you that he was half jewish and half christian, you must have had a disappointed look on your face. And that when he told you about his dad, you looked horrified. If you want to see him again, it's on you to make the next move, even a small one.

You said that you were impressed when he pulled out your chair for you. He's a gentleman and gentleman aren't pushy, they don't go where they aren't wanted.

He contacted you every day up until your coffee date and then stopped. That's because in meeting him face to face, your relationship moved to the next level. It's really up to you if you want to see him again.

Otherwise, since you weren't really into him, you should instead be relieved that he's not being too friendly at this point. If he were, then you'd be posting that he's bothering you and you don't know how to let him down nicely.

You are bothered because by not contacting you afterwards, he's rejected you before you could eventually reject him.
he called me on the phone earlier today. we spoke.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:19 PM
miu

Quote:
he called me on the phone earlier today. we spoke.
Happier now that he's made the first move and called you?

Not calling you for a few days is a considerate way for the two of you to digest those 3-1/2 hours together and decide how to proceed next. I think that it also shows that he's not a conceited man and thinking that he swept you off your feet.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Happier now that he's made the first move and called you?

Not calling you for a few days is a considerate way for the two of you to digest those 3-1/2 hours together and decide how to proceed next. I think that it also shows that he's not a conceited man and thinking that he swept you off your feet.
that is interesting. that is how i thought, but i asked some guys around my own age about that. they said that if a guy doesnt call you within a few days, he aint interested.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:18 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
Um, instead of analyzing it just be like whatevs and go with the flow. He may not be borefriend material but that's ok. Just play nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships