Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 01:22 PM

7 posts, read 14,104 times

Advertisements

Written by a plain looking STRAIGHT overweight woman:

I was walking through a local shopping center and walked into the Nordstroms store. Inside was the general assortment of pretty women who liked to spend their money on clothes and makeup. I did not pay them much attention.

But standing out was one woman, who was maybe 30 years old, that just stood out. She was one in a thousand. She was not pretty, attractive or good looking, but instead she was just so incredibly beautiful. Everything about her just seemed so extraordinary. Her hair, so thick and long, her shape- just perfect, her height- maybe 5-8, her breasts just the perfect size, her skin- flawless and her face- a heart stopper. But what really caught my eye was her poise. She was just so together. She walked through the mall with just so much confidence. I could tell she was creating a buzz and other people both men and women noticed her.

I thought, what is it like to be so beautiful and have the confidence and poise that comes with the unique one in a thousand beauty?

Do you know anyone who seems to have the one in a thousand mix of poise, beauty and confidence? How is life for them? What type of relationships do they have? Would they be friends with someone plain looking, like me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 01:29 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,986,719 times
maybe she just didnt feel like doing her hair or makeup.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:01 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Recently I saw a woman like that in a local restaurant. I had trouble not staring. SHe was with a nice looking older (10-15 years) gent. I thought wow...until I started to hear her talk. It was like a 28 yr old version of Linsey Lohan or Paris Hilton. I thought What a waste of a great body. I guess when you are wealthy or are really attactive you dont need to develop much of a personality...in many cases..reference regulars on the club scene.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:03 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,709 times
She's just a person. Some things are easier because of the CONFIDENCE not the prettiness. That means you can experience her star quality too. Men eat up confidence like catnip! They don't care as much about your look as you level of happiness. You're still going to have to take chances and date and weed out the douchbags. You're still going to need alone time to decide what you want most in life. You're still going to face frustration and rejection. Of course they'd be friends with plain looking people. They don't live on another planet seperate from the world.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:15 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
I know what you mean, I had the same feeling maybe a couple of times. One was my classmate in HS, the incredibly beautiful porcelain-faced raven-haired beauty of Asian and Caucasian mix... Not just me, she was caught on the streets by newspaper photographers and published as a daily picture; she was drawn to some TV spots; just being outside with her meant seeing shocked males stopped in their tracks (and you knew it wasn't about you )

Another one was just recently, a young girl in a McDonalds, maybe 9 years old, blond-blue eyes, going on eating her food with her family, oblivious to the fact that she possesses this "something". Her mother was of something like Greek heritage, her father was plain looking, but the combination of them created something breathtaking.

Hmmmm it seems I'm taken by people of mixed blood

Edit: oh, I don't know relationship-wise. If they don't notice their own beauty (or keep it down to earth), then it must be wonderful for their partners. I think they may attract the bad feelings to a larger degree than other people, too. That raven-haired beauty was referred to as having her face eaten up by all that makeup nowadays, but I think it's the jealousy talking.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:22 PM

7 posts, read 14,104 times
Because society loves youth and beauty, I believe a woman like my example in my original post, gets an incredible amount of attention and positive reinforcement and this leads to her extreme confidence and poise. I suspect a woman like this has many people wanting to be her friend has great job opportunities and networking and lifestyle choices that the average person would never have. People likely treat her like a goddess.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:23 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
I don't know.....I'll have to ask my dh how it feels for him and get back with you!

Old 08-11-2009, 03:25 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
I may not be one in a thousand handsome wise but I am one in a billion to me.Also,while we may not attract people with a universal appeal we will attract some usually and having a certain self like or worth increases your chances plus more than that you develop a inner peace with yourself.

There can be things you can change about yourself,maybe some things you should,but find that happy balance about yourself and you'll probably send some vibes to others that will make you attractive.

We may sometimes be envious of someone else but it should be a passing thought,not to the point you measure yourself against them.

Last edited by lionking; 08-11-2009 at 03:36 PM..

Old 08-11-2009, 03:31 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
In a way it is kind of awkward for someone like that to have plain looking friends. The attention is 100% on them and the other person gets nothing or even treated badly by others when with them. If the beautiful person has feelings, all of this will make her feel bad and perhaps guilty. Nothing like being the "ugly friend".

Old 08-11-2009, 03:40 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Nature View Post
Written by a plain looking STRAIGHT overweight woman:

I was walking through..........

Golly, gee, whiz!

This person reminds me of 'other posters' we've had on here before.

Hmmmmmmmm. . . .

(thinking, thinking, thinking...)

Ahhhhh!. . . *taps my temple with finger gently*

It's becoming clear. . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships