Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:59 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times

Advertisements

You were honest and didn't play games. He may be hurt. If he hasn't called you, I hope you call him. Give it some time to lick his wounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Hey, simple....Don't ask the question if you don't want the answer.

By the way, my name is SMP. I don't know who you think I am. But I am not whoever it is that you named.
That first chunk was for the poster before you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Will I sugar coat the answers for you? Not hardly..

Now that I know a little more. .Ok, I admit, I might have been a little off. However, you might have blown it with the guy that you like. Sometimes people might agree to be exclusive, but they are testing you to see if you want to. I apologize if I came of a little blunt. Maybe I didn't read correctly. But your right, if someone doesn't want to commit to you, then they are probably not the right person for you.

When it is; it just is. Both people know it. Nobody's worth convincing to how special we are. If they don't see it, that's their loss.

Maybe it was a blessing that he seen you. Now maybe "you" can now find the right person.

Good luck to you and Im sorry if I came of a bit blunt. I admit, I did not interpret what you said correctly..

Good luck,

SMP
Yeah, that's the problem. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. In some ways I hate having to feel this way because if I had dated him and he was wary it would be easy to just let it drop. The guy I was on the fence about and introduced him to, I dropped for not being a suitable match. It took about a week to move on. But, since I got attached to him as a friend it made hanging out with him romantically way more intense. I guess it's like 6 months of dating condensed into six weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
You were honest and didn't play games. He may be hurt. If he hasn't called you, I hope you call him. Give it some time to lick his wounds.
I'd like to do that. I'm thinking maybe I should give it a week but who knows.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Well, as far as I've seen he isn't seeing anyone else. He has said that he isn't and I haven't seen him. But, I've been straightforward and honest with him about my feelings. I just don't want to sit on the bench while he works on his stuff (career change, jaded about relationships etc.). I'll date him but I wouldn't close the door to dating other guys too. I'm not having sex with the other guys though. That's too much excitement for me! lol

If you really like the "6-weeker", you need to call him first. This is the situation when you need to reach out, not him.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 PM

You wouldn't steer me wrong on this would ya'?? How much time would you recommend?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,261 times
If I was dating someone and found out they were dating someone else it would be over. It sounds to me like you dont know what you want or are just trying to keep things ready for an upgrade. Either way not good imo.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
Quote:
You wouldn't steer me wrong on this would ya'?? How much time would you recommend?
No more than a week, if not sooner.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:43 PM

Well, he said he would call yesterday or today (Mon-Tues). Should I wait until tommorrow?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Tomorrow is as good of a time as any. I personally don't like guessing games or drama. We are all adults here. If you want to continue dating him, call him and let him know how you feel. If he is angry about what happened, at least you have a right to know that.
If you don't care that much and you have other options, it's one thing, but if you want to pursue him, you need to reach out. If I was him, I wouldn't call either. Although technically you did nothing wrong, you would feel bummed out too if you saw him on a date with another girl. Wouldn't you?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 PM

Yeah, but I'm the flip side of his introverted personality. I wouldn't sulk I'd be on the phone the next day with something to say! LMAO! Part of the reason we got together is I told him flat out that I thought he was sexy and a bunch of other things! I don't have much of a filter when I like someone. I'm like supermanpansy. It doesn't take all day to recognize sunshine! Meaning, it shouldn't take forever to know. If I like you I like you and I'm going full out and letting you know.

Last edited by Ticatica; 08-11-2009 at 10:08 PM..

Old 08-11-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm the flip side of his introverted personality. I wouldn't sulk I'd be on the phone the next day with something to say! LMAO! Part of the reason we got together is I told him flat out that I thought he was sexy and a bunch of other things! I don't have much of a filter when I like someone. I'm like supermanpansy. It doesn't take all day to recognize sunshine! Meaning, if I like you I like you and I'm going full out and letting you know.
Well, you know better then me what kind of person he is, I'm just saying what I would do in this situation. I just like to talk things out and not let anything build up.
By the way, I'm just like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships