Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:00 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,419,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
So I guess I'm confused on your message. Your advice is "your a ***** and since she didn't call back for 3 days then she's not interested"?

I guess I'll just delete the number and ignore her calls then.

Not sure how that's supposed to help me.
Not sure at all how you interpreted that from my posts...

My point is (this isn't rocket science) why are you even worrying about all of this? There is no advice to give. It's not that complicated of a situation, you're just making it that way. You don't need a timeline..."If I don't hear from her in 3 days I'm going to leave her 3 messages, wait 3 days for her to call me back, then we'll go on 3 more dates, blah blah blah." How dumb does that sound? Pretty dumb...and that's exactly what you're making this into. A game.

In my experience, if a girl is into a guy, she won't just let him go. If she doesn't call you back after her trip then there's your answer. You calling her isn't going to make her see what a "catch" you think you are. She has to come to that conclusion on her own.

Just chillllll...you don't have to know the answer to every single little question to figure out what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 03:38 PM

37,580 posts, read 45,935,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Not sure at all how you interpreted that from my posts...

My point is (this isn't rocket science) why are you even worrying about all of this? There is no advice to give. It's not that complicated of a situation, you're just making it that way. You don't need a timeline..."If I don't hear from her in 3 days I'm going to leave her 3 messages, wait 3 days for her to call me back, then we'll go on 3 more dates, blah blah blah." How dumb does that sound? Pretty dumb...and that's exactly what you're making this into. A game.

In my experience, if a girl is into a guy, she won't just let him go. If she doesn't call you back after her trip then there's your answer. You calling her isn't going to make her see what a "catch" you think you are. She has to come to that conclusion on her own.

Just chillllll...you don't have to know the answer to every single little question to figure out what you want.
Words of wisdom. Reps for you!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:12 PM

15 posts, read 21,698 times
sounds like you are really crazy about this girl. if nnot, then it's just clingy'. just relax.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:54 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,652,619 times
Why does there have to be a "timeline" during the calls anyway?
I mean, if your interested, pick up the phone and call her, if your not, move on, period.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:08 AM

76 posts, read 190,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Why does there have to be a "timeline" during the calls anyway?
I mean, if your interested, pick up the phone and call her, if your not, move on, period.

At what point does that become awkward/creepy for the reciever of the calls?

From the sounds of it the OP is digging this girl a lot more then she is him at this point in the relationship.

Maybe calling her all the time will push her away?

Old 08-14-2009, 05:13 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,652,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwick View Post
At what point does that become awkward/creepy for the reciever of the calls?

From the sounds of it the OP is digging this girl a lot more then she is him at this point in the relationship.

Maybe calling her all the time will push her away?

I don`t mean for him to keep calling her everyday..I don`t get why there has to be a certain time space, before he calls her? Wait two days, and then call...no. I should wait at least three days before I call her...meh.

But, she did call him back, so thats good. He just needs to take it day by though, and stop trying to analyze this so much, ya` know?

Old 08-14-2009, 05:21 AM

76 posts, read 190,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I don`t mean for him to keep calling her everyday..I don`t get why there has to be a certain time space, before he calls her? Wait two days, and then call...no. I should wait at least three days before I call her...meh.

But, she did call him back, so thats good. He just needs to take it day by though, and stop trying to analyze this so much, ya` know?

I hear ya.

It should just flow and happen. The OP is struggling with that obviously. I can't imagine communicating with a partner was this complicated 50 years ago when all you had was pen/paper and a phone.

All this new technology is supposed to simplify our lives but manages to complicate it for so many people at the same time. It's so easy to keep in touch that people feel you NEED that contact on a daily basis you know? Whether it's a text, email, facebook msg or whatever...... I don't like it.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:47 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,160,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwick View Post
I hear ya.

It should just flow and happen. The OP is struggling with that obviously. I can't imagine communicating with a partner was this complicated 50 years ago when all you had was pen/paper and a phone.

All this new technology is supposed to simplify our lives but manages to complicate it for so many people at the same time. It's so easy to keep in touch that people feel you NEED that contact on a daily basis you know? Whether it's a text, email, facebook msg or whatever...... I don't like it.
I guess I can admit I'm over analyzing somewhat. I just haven't cared about dating for the last few years while partying and working in Chicago, just now deciding to put an effort toward it and I don't feel like I know what I'm doing. I went to a college that was 80% female, so they always came to me, I never had to do this garbage before, now I know why I didn't want to do it in the first place. Kinda stressful.

Anyways, I think I'm more worried about blowing it than I am about really liking this girl. She kinda complains a lot about work and people and other BS, but when she gets a few drinks in her she's a little more positive. I'll just play it cool and stop thinking about it.

I did go on a date with another girl...but I'm walking from that. She's a full blooded Italian and I didn't know this, but Italian women live at home until they get married. 28 years old, living with parents....yikes. That and she's never had a BF. Weeeiiirrrrrddd.

Last edited by cdubs3201; 08-14-2009 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-14-2009, 10:58 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,419,765 times
Quote:
I guess I can admit I'm over analyzing somewhat. I just haven't cared about dating for the last few years while partying and working in Chicago, just now deciding to put an effort toward it and I don't feel like I know what I'm doing. I went to a college that was 80% female, so they always came to me, I never had to do this garbage before, now I know why I didn't want to do it in the first place. Kinda stressful.

Anyways, I think I'm more worried about blowing it than I am about really liking this girl. She kinda complains a lot about work and people and other BS, but when she gets a few drinks in her she's a little more positive. I'll just play it cool and stop thinking about it.

I did go on a date with another girl...but I'm walking from that. She's a full blooded Italian and I didn't know this, but Italian women live at home until they get married. 28 years old, living with parents....yikes. That and she's never had a BF. Weeeiiirrrrrddd.
OK, now you're making sense. Had you just mentioned the fact that you were afraid of messing this all up from the get go, I might have been a little more easy on you.

Girls have the same fear. While I can't say if this chick does specifically, too, I know that my lack of a LTR history makes me extremely paranoid that I'm going to mess something good up the second I meet the person. I have, however, learned that the more you stress and worry about it, the worse off you're going to bomb it.

Provided you do meet up with this girl again, and you have another good conversation, would it be weird to you if you mentioned the fact that you have those type of insecurities? NOT in a "I like you and I'm afraid to lose you" sort of way, but just to mention the fact that you're a little rusty with the whole scene, and you are trying not to mess up a good thing? If she understands, she's definitely worth keeping around, IMO.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:13 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,325 times
Quote:

It sounds like you have a lot more in common with the girl you're rejecting for her lack of experience. Also, the reason some Italian families and most families around the world have adult children at home is to give their children the best financial and professional start. The family also gets to meet her dates and see if he's a wanker unworthy of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships