Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:56 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I were having a discussion and it came up that he is always the one initiating sex. I have my moments when I do (usually after a few drinks ) but honestly, I don't do it out of the fear of hearing "I am too tired or not right now" in which I would am sure I would get really p**ssed and not be in the "mood" for a while.

I know guys are going to say, h*ll it's been happening to us since the beginning of time! But I think women (or at least I do) have a much more fragile ego when it come to this?

Ladies - Do you feel comfortable initiating or do you leave it up to the man?

Men - How do you feel about women initiating sex?

Let me know your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 12:00 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
I think if a man accused a woman of having a fragile ego he wouldnt be getting any any time soon!

Old 08-14-2009, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,188 times
I also have a hard time with this! My ego is very fragile due to a bad marriage

Old 08-14-2009, 12:12 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,178,879 times
I think it's healthier if both are involved in that. Only so much excitement you can build up hour after hour or day after day
Even those with the wild imaginations and a high level of creativity begin to go flat over time

Old 08-14-2009, 12:42 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
I am the first to admit that I am a sexually charged person - moreso than the average female. If I sat around waiting for a man to initiate all the time, I would probably implode.

There are ways to do it without putting yourself out there 100% if you are worried about a bruised ego. I don't suggest throwing your body on top of him as soon as you see him, but a light touch or kiss will get things going if he is willing.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:56 PM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
I dont feel uncomfortable initiating, but I have gotten the "Im too tired" crap. I cant say it hurts my fragile ego, but it is frustrating especially when he will comment about how long since we last had sex. Thats when the B in me comes out.

Ive got two stratagies . One, I made a new rule, he dosent eat until after we have sex. When I havent cooked, I take his cell and start calling his friends to see how tired they are! Magically, he isnt that tired anymore.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Hubby and I were having a discussion and it came up that he is always the one initiating sex. I have my moments when I do (usually after a few drinks ) but honestly, I don't do it out of the fear of hearing "I am too tired or not right now" in which I would am sure I would get really p**ssed and not be in the "mood" for a while.

I know guys are going to say, h*ll it's been happening to us since the beginning of time! But I think women (or at least I do) have a much more fragile ego when it come to this?

Ladies - Do you feel comfortable initiating or do you leave it up to the man?

90% of the time I am the one who initiates sex with my husband. I have always been an extremely sexual person. Sometimes it's a blessing, sometimes it's a curse, because I'm much more sexual then my husband. He is also 10 years older then me and with age his sex drive slowed down. Anyway, I'm not afraid of being rejected by him because I know that he finds me desirable and he loves me and wants me and if he says "no", that's because he really IS tired or not in the mood.
Believe me - men like when women initiate. Trust me on this one.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:34 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
We both initiate, actually. I used to initiate more than him at some point but now I think it's about 50-50!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:37 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
I have absolutely no problem with a woman initiating, but I can see why a lot of women are afraid of being rejected. This is nothing new for men. Just as in dating, women are expected to make the first move. Imagine what the world would be like if men stopped doing that waited for women to be one to initiate things. Not just sex, but just the first move.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:40 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:

Yeah sure, go ahead and make it easy for me... Unless she's in heat 24/7 I don't mind her initiating. Helps me save money on the duct tape and chloroform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships