Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:57 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I'll have to admit that life isn't fair but I have a hard time believing this much crap happens to one person! Some of lifes misfortunes can be brought on by constant negative thinking

Get a book, a friend, a pet......something because you really need to get it together! I am depressed just reading your posts. Until you are ready to end the pity party EVERYTHING in your life if going to seem unfair.

As for your temp job, why would you leave a job (especially in this economy) because someone said money was stolen BEFORE you got there? That is ridiculous! If you are that whiny and lazy....quit...there are alot more people out there who deserve the work!

I agree...and if you have a hard time finding and keeping a job...start your own business....create work. You waste alot of time focusing on the negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 05:03 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Wow, if some of you did not catch it in the last few posts. . I will be shocked.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:23 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free106 View Post
I have had so many jobs in the last 9 years, it is not even funny! I have been laid off and fired. I had to quit a job that turned out to be bad for me because, managment told me that I was getting promoted and I wound up getting stuck with doing the job of two people and NO promotion or extra pay. I was taken advantage of and that was right before this recession. I found another job but, I was laid off 8 months ago because, the staff didn't like me. I was told my "position was being eliminated" What a joke! I just saw an ad online for my old job. So if I tie my self esteem to a job, I will want to just shoot myself!!! I have to find other ways to feel good about myself which is hard. Now I have a temp job. But, I was told petty cash got stolen a month before I started. I was also told it was by someone in the office. I am now considering finding another temp job. SHOULD I?
First, I want to say that I'n sorry to hear you lost your Mom.
Stop letting yourself be taken advantage of, I would have negotiated
my new salary beforehand or said no thank you. There will always be
jealous co-workers and companies who'll take advantage every opportunity
they get. Forget about getting into a relationship right now, you just don't
have the right frame of mind. I'd definately get enrolled in some classes,
maybe a new career choice, toughen up and ask for what you want. I've
been there. Best of Luck.

Last edited by virgode; 08-15-2009 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: pghing

Old 08-15-2009, 05:52 PM

54 posts, read 162,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Wow, if some of you did not catch it in the last few posts. . I will be shocked.
What do you mean? The blunt advice???

Old 08-15-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
What do you mean? The blunt advice???
Nope.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:15 PM

54 posts, read 162,703 times
Quote:
Nope.
Then what do you mean "catch it the last few posts"? Just curious as to what you meant.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:15 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Nope.
Okay, I get the message.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:20 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Yes, I saw it! LOL!

Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 PM

Hey, look over there - a birdie! *whisks off*

Old 08-15-2009, 06:56 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Thankx for the advice. I have suffered so much in my life. I lost my MOM 7 years ago and feel like life isn't worth the effort. I have been the fool on so many occasions not just with men...employers too. I am at the end of my rope with the new depression looming....

Yea, I agree with the other posters (jeepgirl) as far as letting go of the past and just like you I have lost friends and family.

In the 21 century we have society that lives and records almost every moment due to our technology(cam phones) so it's hard to get away from it even when you need to, so as a result, people often use there past to chaperon there everyday lives.

Anyhow, and it's going to be a little hard but what worked for me is literally training myself to have little emotion for any person, place or thing including death. I mean, you can regulate how much emotional investment you give instead of just letting it manipulate how much investment it wants from you.

There is nothing wrong with that so as long as you keep your basic compassion levels intact.

As for as being unemployed, your only unemployed because you choose to be. There are 6 (going on 7) billion of us and all of us need things and have problems that need to be solved on the daily. If you can figure out problems for people you will be a women who will always have money in your pocket.

So my point is, what can you do to help somebody else in a way that they will pay you? Can you do hair? Can you fix things like computers? Can you cook? Are you good looking because people will pay just to look at you too...lol Think about how much money is made of the backs of women alone using there good looks??

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships