Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 10:44 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
and i was so excited so very excited til i read the part that said no hairless variety please.
Some of us reckon bald is beautiful!

What jason said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Different strokes for different folks.

Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 10:47 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
There are some parts of some people's bodies that are totally awesome without hair. The head however is not one of them.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:08 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Being attracted to older men weird? Not at all...

Old 08-16-2009, 12:55 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
I am 14 years older than Mrs S we met when I was 37 her 23 and have been together for 13 years. She keeps me young ( I still play soccer and other sports even at 50 yes) and she always said she couldnt stand BOYS her own age. We hardly ever mention the age gap as we never notice it.

people ,remember getting old is compulsory acting it is optional

Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I have no problem with other people going out with whatever age group they're attracted to but for myself I have to say on the couple of occasions that Dad has been "dating" someone younger than me it's not gone well. I don't know if that's an age thing or specific to the women involved, I only know that the only option left open to me to get my point across to Dad was to mention a few times how "cute" one of his mates was and I threatened to ask him out to dinner.
So your Dad swings both ways huh? Interesting.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:58 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
So your Dad swings both ways huh? Interesting.
Wouldn't say that too loud around here girl!

In Australia, the use of "mate" and the subsequent concept of "mateship", conceptualised a widespread egalitarian ethos, especially among working class white males

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(colloquialism)

Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 AM

2 posts, read 7,110 times
I am dating a guy who is 18 years older than I am. It used to feel weird at first especially since it is an interracial relationship, but once you spend time together, nothing else matter, not the age nor the race issue. These days I dont even notice the open stares i receive from people when they see us holding hands or kissing, I dont know if it is the race issue or the age issue and frankly i do not care because no one makes me feel the way he does. He is mature, our conversations are so interesting...nothing i would ever have if i dated someone my age.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:51 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
I don't find your attraction to older men unusual at all (for the record, I'm a man in my 40's. And, yes, I find myself attracted to younger AND older women). I look at immature guys in their 20's and even 30's and wonder how so many women put up with these man childs. Older men are probably not ideal lifelong partners for women young women due to the reasons others have cited in this thread. But I think we older fellas could be quite good for short or medium term relationships; I can see both parties potentially benefiting from such an arrangement.

But, needless to stay, steer clear of the players who juggle a harem of women. And be exceedingly careful about falling for the married-guy-who's-gonna-leave-his-wife-and-kids-for-you canard. A fling with an older married guy could, in the right circumstances, be OK. But a young single gal should be on guard to not get fooled into thinking that it is going to turn into something more than just a good time for both parties.
Hi professorsenator,

I don't know, it depends. When I was in my early 30s my mother said she worked with an attractive girl my age who was with some 50 year old guy(in his 50s). She was a little conflicted because she wanted a family but he had his and was not looking for more. She would even cry about it I guess. I thought it over for 5 seconds and decided I did not want his left overs. I was not going to be the young prince to ride to her rescue. Women need to spend their youth wisely since that is when they have the bargaining power. Do you really want to be someone's good for now girl and then look for the next gig at 40?
I am now with my wife who is 8 years younger and I keep warning her I will be balding any day now. I am a bit older but still a long term mate.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:10 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I agree. Even if they are old doesn't mean they can get away with looking like they came out of a garbage can. They have to be decent looking and be in good shape physically. Not like he goes to the gym or anything, but hot. They have to take care of themselves and not look all depressing and dressing like he thinks its still the 70's. They have to have a charming personality and a charming mentality. They have to be up to date on some things technological. Show they are not dumb.
Hi temptation001,

No doubt. When I was 30 single and had no baggage at all what stood out from the young women was a 37 year old divorce with 4 kids. You would think this would be the last thing on my mind. She dressed well and had attitude and was just fantastic. I was tempted by on one else in that group.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:02 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,780,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I'm very young (but very legal since I know someone is going to propose that question) and I've noticed this reoccurring pattern in which I find myself attracted to older men. When I push aside the weirdness of it all, I realized that all of these older men posses the personality and attributes that I want in a guy period - regardless of age. They just happen to be older. While I might find a guy closer to my age extremely hot, after I spent a little time around him, his looks don't compensate for the rest. It's not that I'm not interested in guys in my generation, it's just that they leave much to be desired.

Anyways, my question is... I've never hinted that I might be interested in any of these guys because I feel like they might scoff at my age or find it odd. Then again, another thought is that even if they were interested, they would automatically assume due to my age that I'd respond negatively to any flirtation so they don't do it.

On a side note, I have to say that all of these older men that I've met and become attracted to all had a healthy head of hair haha! If there is sporadic balding, any attraction whatsoever is officially killed.

Like the song says, nobody's business but you're own. You gotta do what satisfies you (as long as it doesn't hurt others) and if older guys are your thing then go ahead and jump into that dating pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships