Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 04:13 PM

588 posts, read 957,566 times

Advertisements

Although overall I'm an optimistic person, there is one thing I've lost hope about: finally getting over the guy I'm in love with. I thought we were soulmates. We are both creative, intuitive people and are extremely attracted to each other. We chat for six hours at a time yet hate to end the conversations. He's (almost) everything I've ever wanted in a guy. However...
He lies! All the time. Sometimes about things that one would never consider lying about. I mean, I know everyone lies, but he stretches the truth constantly. The only things I believe about him is that he's a graphic artist and that he loves me.
My question is: Will I ever really get over him? I've tried everything. Cutting off all contact. Weaning myself off of him. Dating others. Being just friends. Nothing works.
I am so depressed and think about him constantly. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 04:18 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia25 View Post
Although overall I'm an optimistic person, there is one thing I've lost hope about: finally getting over the guy I'm in love with. I thought we were soulmates. We are both creative, intuitive people and are extremely attracted to each other. We chat for six hours at a time yet hate to end the conversations. He's (almost) everything I've ever wanted in a guy. However...
He lies! All the time. Sometimes about things that one would never consider lying about. I mean, I know everyone lies, but he stretches the truth constantly. The only things I believe about him is that he's a graphic artist and that he loves me.
My question is: Will I ever really get over him? I've tried everything. Cutting off all contact. Weaning myself off of him. Dating others. Being just friends. Nothing works.
I am so depressed and think about him constantly. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Maybe on some level you actually like his lies! Maybe if he didn't do that he would be boring?

Old 02-23-2013, 04:24 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Nothing but time will truly heal you. Try to ease back into the things you enjoyed before he became your everything. There's no need to rush; it takes time. Adjust gradually. I was just recently able to listen to music again after a breakup. I hope you feel better and eventually he'll be just a mote of a memory.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Nothing but time will truly heal you.
That's so true. I know I went through a tough one about 7 years ago. I felt totally drained. I walked around in a daze for a while. But then I was relieved that I never had to deal with this awful person anymore.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:34 PM
J24

448 posts, read 863,818 times
Sounds like you haven't met him in person, am I right? People lie online. A lot.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:37 PM

19,719 posts, read 20,250,128 times
No, you'll never get over him...Sorry it's true. lol

Old 02-23-2013, 04:39 PM

Maybe the OP should start telling him lies! Could be interesting!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Stay away from those artists they are craaaaazy!

(I'm an artist)

Old 02-23-2013, 04:49 PM

24 posts, read 46,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia25 View Post
However...
Hi mia25,

Just curious, how do you know when he's lying and when he's telling the truth?think:

Old 02-23-2013, 05:07 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Ask yourself why you want to be attached to a person that lies all the time.

That's a dealbreaker for me!

You deserve better treatment than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships