Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 04:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Ladies or guys I like to hear it...give it to me! lol

But seriously, My best date ever was with a very kind gentleman..he held doors for me...called that he was on his way...talked to my family while I was finishing getting ready..he opened the car door for me and their were flowers on my passenger seat. He held my hand..looked at me as I talked..asked my opinion on things...danced even though he kinda stunk at it..lol. And he was such a gentleman he had to be told it was alright to kiss me....ahhhh memories...now he is married head of the math department of his school...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 05:01 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Friends with someone on the internet for a year, we finally meet in person for a 48 hour date: end up at a punk rock show with two bands we wanted to see that we did not know was playing.... then fell asleep to horror movies on the sandy floor of a surfer friend to wake up and seek breakfast.That felt like primo stuff fresh out of the house. We both did not drink at the time at an age where everyone was drinking like fish or all churchy about it. He was the only person I actually liked holding hands with come to think about it. No clam odd bending or awkward sway...It translates across ports so to say...LOL

Old 08-15-2009, 05:23 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times
he picked me up from the airport in his mini cooper with the top down. we went out and had dinner sitting out on the patio. afterwards we watched tv on his couch drinking 2 bottles of champagne.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Friends with someone on the internet for a year, we finally meet in person for a 48 hour date: end up at a punk rock show with two bands we wanted to see that we did not know was playing.... then fell asleep to horror movies on the sandy floor of a surfer friend to wake up and seek breakfast.That felt like primo stuff fresh out of the house. We both did not drink at the time at an age where everyone was drinking like fish or all churchy about it. He was the only person I actually liked holding hands with come to think about it. No clam odd bending or awkward sway...It translates across ports so to say...LOL
Sounds great! Did you ever see him again?

Old 08-15-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
he picked me up from the airport in his mini cooper with the top down. we went out and had dinner sitting out on the patio. afterwards we watched tv on his couch drinking 2 bottles of champagne.
Very nice...wow two bottles ya lush...just kidding.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Hmmm....not sure of the *best* single date, but the first date with my ex-husband has to rank up there. We just had such a damn good time together, as we did on many other dates as well obviously. But that was pure fun, and that is how I would rank a "good" date, by how much fun we had.

First date with a guy from match was also memorable. We both had a blast, but it must have been the moon that night as we never quite recaptured the moment.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:02 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Very nice...wow two bottles ya lush...just kidding.
it was great. he was a wine broker and a special fridge just for certain drinks

Old 08-15-2009, 09:42 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
My best date was with this guy James who I went to school with. He brought me to this park which is also a natural sanctuary and he took me along the path, and then off-path. We walked up a small hill to a place where he had two lounge chairs set up in the woods. We smoked a joint and talked for hours in the middle of nothing but trees and sky.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:06 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,768,442 times
After 27 years of marriage...my husband still opens doors for me and buys me flowers...Basically lives to please me...lets me do anything that I want with trust...and the best part of all...he thinks HE gets treated like a King....How darn sweet is that??????????

Old 08-16-2009, 11:47 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Sounds great! Did you ever see him again?
Lets put it this way....I am in a relationship right now but he has always been the "ross" and I am the "rachel". We have been talking as friends online and the phone for years(12). He has been in a relationship or I have been in a relationship so neither of us messed with that by not seeing each other.

He was going to move to the city at the time we hung out where we had the date, but his company did not have a transfer after they said he might. We both jumped the gun and got all giddy about it which ended up in date nights.

The date ended by him getting on a plane...I get home and he calls and tells me he loves me from the plane. To which I curse him out because he left the city and he asks me to move to the city where his company is. So I think its a game and just try to forget about it and start dating nice rich jewish boys...LOL

In between these years we talked about our realtionships with whoever we are with, life, goals etc and he just listens. Does not tell me what to do. I was stuck in an abusive one and he offered to pay to have my own place to get out of it but I just did it myself. Other than that he has not ever tried to wedge himself into them. I stopped talking to him for a year for the s.o. I told him why...But I keep my friend circle small so it eventually bummed me out. So its back to secret emails and phone talks. I feel badly for doing it that to the s.o. but I have known this person longer than him. And lately the s.o. has been really getting on my last one in so many ways. I need calm adult conversation. And there is just something so soothing about talking to the guy. He has this deep midwestern voice that just makes you listen and I melt like a twit when he says "alright".

And oh after that the plot thickens....but right now I need to keep that under lock and key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships